Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 51
  1. #21
    Senior Member PKT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    WEST PALM BCH, FL
    Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7 Leftie + Traveler
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY Artic KaroStep
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Posts
    187
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by plowhorse View Post
    brandon from warbonnet posted a link for Volera foam and the price was very cheap, I think it is in one of the threads in the pad section
    How heavy is this Volera foam, it looks like the Bee's Knees. There's allot of
    info, primary use seems to be on poker tables, liners for drawers ect.....don't see the weight anywhere. Excellent thermal insulation (or so they say), 60" wide x whatever so can be cut to fit <- looks good to me.
    Any one using this? The pad is the last item I need to complete my
    wonder bed! I've been using a Therma Rest and it is fine but too narrow
    when you wake up and have come off the edge with a cold shoulder.

  2. #22
    millergear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Tarp
    BearPaw 8x10
    Insulation
    NeoAir &amp; Quilt
    Posts
    625
    Images
    2
    Check out "A Look at Insulation and How Much Is Enough Sleeping In Hammocks" by Dave “Youngblood” Womble in this Ed Speer Newsletter http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsle...06/Jan2006.htm
    Very comprehensive, and I found the CCF recomendations to be rght on. The inch of CCF I needed to stay warm down to 20 was cheap and light, but really buky
    "My name is Millergear and I'm a Gearaholic!"

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,557
    Quote Originally Posted by PKT View Post
    How heavy is this Volera foam, it looks like the Bee's Knees. There's allot of
    info, primary use seems to be on poker tables, liners for drawers ect.....don't see the weight anywhere. Excellent thermal insulation (or so they say), 60" wide x whatever so can be cut to fit <- looks good to me.
    Any one using this? The pad is the last item I need to complete my
    wonder bed! I've been using a Therma Rest and it is fine but too narrow
    when you wake up and have come off the edge with a cold shoulder.
    That stuff is pretty stiff, I went back to evazote. It just didn't lay right in my hammock, it sort of wadded up under my butt, not very comfortable. I'm about to recycle mine into a pad to drop barbells on.

  4. #24
    Member ltruelove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    warrington pa
    Hammock
    wbbb dl 1.7
    Tarp
    bdd four seasons
    Insulation
    ccf or winter yeti
    Suspension
    webbing,c-buckles
    Posts
    91
    i really like the landau foam that warbonnet guy recommends.

  5. #25
    Senior Member PKT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    WEST PALM BCH, FL
    Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7 Leftie + Traveler
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY Artic KaroStep
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Posts
    187
    Images
    5
    Thanks for the responses, I was ready to push the button on that one. Take-a-Knee that
    told the story. Millergear, 1true love I will review both of those materials again.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Holland, NJ
    Hammock
    GT UL and Home Made
    Tarp
    Home Made sil
    Insulation
    UQ and TQ Homemade
    Suspension
    Home Made Woopies
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by ltruelove View Post
    i really like the landau foam that warbonnet guy recommends.

    Little heads up on their shipping! When you place your order (online)they don't let you know how much the shipping costs are. They fill your order weight it bill you ship it out with out the knowledge of what they charge you for shipping. They might as well charge me $30.00 for shipping, its allready a done deal at that point. Just rubs me the wrong way I guess.
    I purchased one yard of 1/8" and one yard of 1/4" has to be under 2 lbs. Cost of material $11.45, shipping $14.05 Ouch!!!

  7. #27
    in it for the naps oldgringo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    onrope buckle
    Posts
    5,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Bags4266 View Post
    Little heads up on their shipping! When you place your order (online)they don't let you know how much the shipping costs are. They fill your order weight it bill you ship it out with out the knowledge of what they charge you for shipping. They might as well charge me $30.00 for shipping, its allready a done deal at that point. Just rubs me the wrong way I guess.
    I purchased one yard of 1/8" and one yard of 1/4" has to be under 2 lbs. Cost of material $11.45, shipping $14.05 Ouch!!!
    I won't even buy from vendors that aren't upfront with their shipping charges. That's outrageous.
    Dave

    http://www.uark.edu/misc/xtimber/rna/pattonsbluff.html

    It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.
    John Steinbeck

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Bags4266 View Post
    Little heads up on their shipping! When you place your order (online)they don't let you know how much the shipping costs are. They fill your order weight it bill you ship it out with out the knowledge of what they charge you for shipping. They might as well charge me $30.00 for shipping, its allready a done deal at that point. Just rubs me the wrong way I guess.
    I purchased one yard of 1/8" and one yard of 1/4" has to be under 2 lbs. Cost of material $11.45, shipping $14.05 Ouch!!!
    It took a bit of digging on their website, but I found the following:
    "If your order consist of a massive amount of 1 paticular product please call to ensure you get the best possible price. * If you are experiencing difficulties please contact us for assistance Contact Internet Sales at (800) 995-8515 ext 320 or at Trina1@pacbell.net"

    You can call and find out about the shipping charges, then place your order. Perhaps if enough people call, they will fix their web site.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Formerly 'TroutEhCuss'
    Trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Elkhart County, Indiana
    Hammock
    12' DIY 1.9 Ripstop Grn/HamMike RL
    Tarp
    12'x11' DIY Navy
    Insulation
    3/4 UQ Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Webbing &amp; Buckle
    Posts
    1,195
    Images
    1
    How about the yoga mats? I'm not sure what they're made of, but they are thicker than the open-celled blue Walmart pads.

  10. #30
    Whoooo Buddy)))) Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    14,487
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by TroutEhCuss View Post
    How about the yoga mats? I'm not sure what they're made of, but they are thicker than the open-celled blue Walmart pads.
    They seem pretty heavy! My wife has several......
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!



    Shug's YouTube Videos

    Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

    Shug and Friends Jammin'

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •