Page 25 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    WBB, Sierra Madre Para
    Tarp
    WB MamaJamba
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiMark View Post
    It's a Suzuki DR650 with a Russell Day Long seat I bought 2nd hand. Since then I've traded it in on a Honda which still works well at transporting me and my hammock setup:

To the left of my Tensa stand is a picnic table, quite handy as I used it to anchor that end of my stand.
    An RDL on a DR650? How very.... artisanal. I don't think I've ever seen or heard of such a thing. It does explain why the seat looked so familiar, if out of place, as I've got an RDL on my ST1300, in grey even. I shoulda remembered that Suzuki also does blue on their dirt bikes.

Have you tried anchoring to the Africa Twin yet? And are you able to get your entire load in the panniers/topbox, or do you strap some stuff to the rear seat as well?

Hammock
    WBB, Sierra Madre Para
    Tarp
    WB MamaJamba
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekoob View Post
    Nice, considered that one myself and still might but with a Honda 919 and a ST 1300 I will need to sell something before I put another one in the garage.
    Lose the 919. An Africa Twin lands between the two, but I'd say it's closer to the 919 than to the ST. Of course, bone stock, it's easier to get on and off the 919 than the ST.

Hammock
    WBB, Sierra Madre Para
    Tarp
    WB MamaJamba
    Well, I laid down a tenner to get on the list for a Tensa 4 stand, now comes The Wait.

Hammock
    Dream Sparrow
    Tarp
    WBTF
    How do you set up a tarp with this?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerDad View Post
    Lose the 919. An Africa Twin lands between the two, but I'd say it's closer to the 919 than to the ST. Of course, bone stock, it's easier to get on and off the 919 than the ST.
    The Tensa fits in either bikes trunk and the side bags of both. The 919 will be the first to go. The ST is my daily ride and if i'm going more than an hour it's the ST. I really like riding the 919 but getting to cramped for me, was keeping it for the wife/daughtor to ride. Neither do although the have the M endorsment.

Past storms have taken all my trees so the Tensa gets used a bit at home too. I have two sets of conduit turtledog stands that also get set up in the back from time to time.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonatic View Post
    How do you set up a tarp with this?
    Pretty straightforward. The apexes/apices are typically a bit further than 11' apart, so stringing an 11' or shorter tarp between is simple. If a longer tarp, I choke up the excess and pull it over the little "v" where the poles cross, and guy or weight the tail. Some users are guying both ends of the stand to pry it open enough to tension a 12' tarp.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    It's a Suzuki DR650 with a Russell Day Long seat I bought 2nd hand. Since then I've traded it in on a Honda which still works well at transporting me and my hammock setup:

To the left of my Tensa stand is a picnic table, quite handy as I used it to anchor that end of my stand.
    Love that AT....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    13' Winter Haven
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Tensa4
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekoob View Post
    What poles are you using for your tarp?
    I tried for the first time attaching the tarp to the stand at the higher (foot) end, the other end being lower was too low so I used one of my REI adjustable tarp poles.
    As long as you have the stand a reasonable amount higher at the foot end, this works really well. If you had the stand more even then I think some kind of extensions would be required to attach to the stand.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    13' Winter Haven
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Tensa4
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerDad View Post
    Have you tried anchoring to the Africa Twin yet? And are you able to get your entire load in the panniers/topbox, or do you strap some stuff to the rear seat as well?
    I don't like anchoring the stand to the bike, causes problems when I ride away to get some dinner . . .
    I strap a roll-top duffel to the back seat which contains the Tensa stand and my REI adjustable tarp poles, along with some soft stuff so I don't get poked in the back when I lean back against the bag.

The panniers give me heaps of storage space, I have enough room that I can fill the top box with photography equipment (D-SLR & a flying camera + batteries & remote, etc).

On the first weekend of September is the Cold Kiwi motorcycle rally. I don't know if there are suitable trees because the venue has been changed and being the first time at a new venue I have no idea of what will be there. I'll be taking my hammock and with the Tensa4 stand I know that I'll be able to set up and be comfortable for a couple of nights. The previous site had no trees, this new site could be the same.

Hammock
    WBB, Sierra Madre Para
    Tarp
    WB MamaJamba
    I don't like anchoring the stand to the bike, causes problems when I ride away to get some dinner . . .
    That makes a lot of sense, and would likely be especially applicable to me since I tend to do my eating in restaurants when I'm on the road. Roll in to the camping location, set up, then go get some grub.

I strap a roll-top duffel to the back seat which contains the Tensa stand and my REI adjustable tarp poles, along with some soft stuff so I don't get poked in the back when I lean back against the bag.
    The 6' or the 8' REI poles?

On the first weekend of September is the Cold Kiwi motorcycle rally. I don't know if there are suitable trees because the venue has been changed and being the first time at a new venue I have no idea of what will be there. I'll be taking my hammock and with the Tensa4 stand I know that I'll be able to set up and be comfortable for a couple of nights. The previous site had no trees, this new site could be the same.
    Looking forward to some pics.

I hope, but don't expect, to get my Tensa 4 before my August trip to WeSTOC. I won't be needing the Tensa AT WeSTOC, but it would be mighty handy on the way to and from.

• + New Posts
  • Page 25 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast