Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazytown3 View Post
    Thanks, you are really doing an amazing job with all this!

Holy macaroni!! If that's not a proof of concept, I don't know what is. Once inside that tarp, I imagine it's like the magical tent from Harry Potter. That is just awesome!
    And that insanely heavy HD plastic mega tarp ridgeline is ONLY attached at the tip of the tarp poles. There is no guyline used. The tarp extensions are another example of tensinegrity in action.
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Did you make that up? Tensinegrity?

I gotta say, I was initially nervous in my hammock last night, not I got over it quick!! Love that stand!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by curlymaple42 View Post
    Did you make that up? Tensinegrity?

I gotta say, I was initially nervous in my hammock last night, not I got over it quick!! Love that stand!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    No, but I can't spell it. Really "tensegrity"

https://www.google.com/search?client...w=1280&bih=557
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Hammock
    WBBB-XLC 1.1 DL w/winter cover
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti + REI sit pad
    Suspension
    Strap + Buckles
    My Tensa4 stand arrived yesterday from Warbonnet along with the new style XLC-2 hammock. I set it up in my rec room along with a superfly tarp and slept in it. It worked well. Next going to try my Warbonnet Ridgerunner if I can figure out how to rig it. The Tensa4 needed some cleanup on a couple of the evil buttons. Easy to fix and seems to work fine.

I see you keep making incremental improvements, most if not all are retrofittable. I am not sure how "fresh" the stands Warbonnet has. Seems to be OK enough. Do you, or could you post a revision history whenever you make tweaks so I can tell what I have and what I may want to improve? Also, do I register the stand with you for warranty, new products, and update information?

Thanks..and keep up the good work!

Mister S

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterS View Post
    My Tensa4 stand arrived yesterday from Warbonnet along with the new style XLC-2 hammock. I set it up in my rec room along with a superfly tarp and slept in it. It worked well. Next going to try my Warbonnet Ridgerunner if I can figure out how to rig it. The Tensa4 needed some cleanup on a couple of the evil buttons. Easy to fix and seems to work fine.
    I put up a video with Ridgerunner setup here: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...from-Warbonnet

I see you keep making incremental improvements, most if not all are retrofittable. I am not sure how "fresh" the stands Warbonnet has. Seems to be OK enough. Do you, or could you post a revision history whenever you make tweaks so I can tell what I have and what I may want to improve? Also, do I register the stand with you for warranty, new products, and update information?
    Yes we're going to keep improving wherever we can. No fun to stand still. But we have measures in place to assure that we don't shaft our dealers by releasing improvements ahead of them. We will always try to make improvements retrofittable, but it's not going to be worth it for many. Without saying too much, our fix for the buttons dislodging also increases the packed size a bit. Not everybody is going to accept that compromise, especially if they've already learned how to fix and avoid future button dislodgements. Small lateral changes that aren't clearly improvements are different. We are incrementally rolling in a change from UCRs to webbing and buckles and biners, for instance. It's heavier and bulkier and more parts, but more familiar to most. Some will prefer, others not. It solves a production issue for us mainly.

No need to register for warranty. That's pretty much a ploy other companies do to gather your contact info to be able to spam you if you bought through a dealer. Not going to happen with Tensa.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Space blanket
    Suspension
    Constrictors
    Words coming out of my mouth when I talk about Tensa4:

Tensegrity
    Packability
    Telescopic
    Anodized keyed-tubing
    Light-weight
    Portability
    Retrofitable
    Extensible
    Flexible

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Hammock
    11' 5 O'Clock Shadow
    Tarp
    Indoors
    Insulation
    DIY down throw UQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckle,straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    No need to register for warranty. That's pretty much a ploy other companies do to gather your contact info to be able to spam you if you bought through a dealer. Not going to happen with Tensa.
    Honestly, with your retrofit upgrades I think you ought to consider it. You could offer people a few choices when they register, something like "only email me about free retrofits and recalls", "only email me about inexpensive (<$5 including shipping) retrofits", "tell me everything" -- and default to the first option.

Hammock
    WBBB-XLC 1.1 DL w/winter cover
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti + REI sit pad
    Suspension
    Strap + Buckles
    Does it make any difference which end of the poles are up in the air and which are on the ground? Each pole has a 4 section and a 3 section member. So, 4 section down or 3 section down, or no difference?

Hammock
    Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    Does it make any difference which end of the poles are up in the air and which are on the ground? Each pole has a 4 section and a 3 section member. So, 4 section down or 3 section down, or no difference?
    I wouldn't think so. Once they are all assembled you'd essentially have a centerpiece with two three piece sections attached to each end. The rubber feet are the same on both ends.
    Last edited by JmBoh; 12-06-2018 at 00:41.
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by JmBoh View Post
    I wouldn't think so. Once they are all assembled you'd essentially have a centerpiece with two three piece sections attached to each end.
    That it correct sir. If you're not careful, even, your stand can experience gender dysphoria, with male 3-sections shape-shifting into female 4 sections, or vice versa, every time you disassemble the stand! An arrangement of color-coded stickers can prevent this from happening, because even though it doesn't make a difference, you'll KNOW something just ain't right.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

• + New Posts
  • Page 75 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast