Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri, or on my motorcycle, bicycle or in my kayak somewhere...
    Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark RX-250
    Insulation
    Clark Z-Liner
    Suspension
    Clark ropes/straps
    Thanks for all the greetings!!

Since I'm a neophyte and don't have too much experience... can someone explain why I would pick Warbonnet over Clark? From what I've read Clark seems to have a decent rig. Also I believe Clark uses the same material in their tarps as does OES. So why the preference over a Clark rig?

I see some possible advantage for Clark's "Weathershield" feature, the ability to exit the hammock on either side, the hooded ends and the pockets underneath...

What am I missing? What should I be looking for? While I don't want to overspend, for me, money is really not my deciding factor.

Looking forward to learning more....

Hammock
    Wraith UL, XLC ,Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    WB BMJ & Edge
    Insulation
    Burrow,TeWa,GoLite
    Suspension
    Whoopie, Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kankujoe View Post
    Thanks for all the greetings!!

Since I'm a neophyte and don't have too much experience... can someone explain why I would pick Warbonnet over Clark? From what I've read Clark seems to have a decent rig. Also I believe Clark uses the same material in their tarps as does OES. So why the preference over a Clark rig?

I see some possible advantage for Clark's "Weathershield" feature, the ability to exit the hammock on either side, the hooded ends and the pockets underneath...

What am I missing? What should I be looking for? While I don't want to overspend, for me, money is really not my deciding factor.

I LOVE my Warbonnet but am going to be buying another hammock for my son and Clark is #1 on the list, in the Camo. You can't go wrong with a Clark IMO. A little more money than the others but you said that money wasn't a deciding factor. I'm buying it for the weathershield as well. If Clark had a presence here on the forum it would make my choice a little easier.

Welcome to the forum and drink deep the kool-aid.

Texron, former St. Charles MO resident.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    McCat DLX
    Insulation
    Speer Snug Fit
    Suspension
    Webbing baby

greetings

Welcome to the forum Kankujoe. I think it is safe to say that before all is said and done, you will have more than one hammock in your gear closet before you know it. Both the Clark and WB are fine pieces of gear either of which you can not go wrong. I happen to have the WB and love it, I do not have the Clark but those who do, love it as well. Either way you will end up with one of each at some point- welcome to the fold.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kankujoe View Post

For me, and I suspect most of us, it's about comfort. The Clarks and the Warbonnets are two totally different types of hammock. They have a different lay altogether and what may be comfortable for one is not necessarily comfortable for all. In my case, the Blackbird wins without a fight.

I LOVE the weathershield on the Clarks. Easily my favorite feature. They are well constructed and have a strong following. Unfortunately (or fortunately) the same can be said of the Warbonnet stuff.

It's like I said earlier, lots of tough choices ahead. You'll soon discover that most of the folks here have at least 2 or 3 different hammocks. There is a reason.
    Trust nobody!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12