BIAS XL Camper, ENO DN
    Tarp
    12x10 WL tarp
    Insulation
    Junebug quilts
    Suspension
    WS, TH, ET
    Images
    I'm starting to like the sound of this. count me in for sure.
    Life looks better from a BIAS hammock.

Hammock
    Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    well good. trust me, i DONT want to say that my hang is THE official hang of SC. the more, the better. I may have never thought to go up to the foothills, ya know, but now im down.

ill report back from santee!
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Way I see it, it would be nice to have 3-5 hangs in different locations throughout SC during the year. I know Chickenwing and I are planning to schedule Goat Island in Lake Greenwood in May typically the weekend prior to Memorial Day. Would definitely like to see the upstate hang in the fall. Avoiding spring break, maybe prior to, we should look into a coastal hang along one of the paddling rivers. Just a thought but the cooler temps will reduce the amount of permethrin (?) needed to sleep well at night. REV, don't change any plans you are working on now but maybe for next year you might have some thoughts along this line? And paddling wasasuggestion since we have alot of paddlers that hang. Maybe a base camp with option to paddle? Just thinking out loud. A beach hang is something else I have thought about too. Again, these are just thoughts that I am having.
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    nope, all thats fine muskrat. ill see whats going on today with santee and look into a coastal thing while im at it.
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

Hammock
    BIAS XL Camper, ENO DN
    Tarp
    12x10 WL tarp
    Insulation
    Junebug quilts
    Suspension
    WS, TH, ET
    Images
    If y'all want to consider a coastal hang then Huntington beach state park is the place. The primitive site has more trees then you can shake a stick at and its huge with plenty of parking. From the primitive area you can walk to the beach for fishing or what ever and there is the inlet on the other side for paddlers. The jetty is about a mile walk up the beach. A nature trail and a pavilion (I know you have to reserve this to use it) with restrooms (sorry no showers). Tons of restaurants and bars are just a five min drive away. If this sounds like an idea let me know and I'll get some info from the park rangers and go from there. I would recommended doing this in early to mid spring as well or even early summer so we have plenty of room this place gets used alot with scout troops.
    Life looks better from a BIAS hammock.

Hammock
    MYOG 1.1 Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY top & U Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Cool Shout out from cw in Abbeville, SC

Sorry to not have chimed in sooner on this. I have been following this thread to see what kind of direction it would take. I like, like, like, LOVE the idea of the Coastal Hang with a paddle option. I am down for as many hangs as the wife will let me go on, but any hang I attend will have to be FAMILY FRIENDLY because 2/3 of my children will be joining me on the hang. Also if it fits with my schedule and I have permission, I am there DUDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Muskrat View Post
    Way I see it, it would be nice to have 3-5 hangs in different locations throughout SC during the year. I know Chickenwing and I are planning to schedule Goat Island in Lake Greenwood in May typically the weekend prior to Memorial Day. Would definitely like to see the upstate hang in the fall. Avoiding spring break, maybe prior to, we should look into a coastal hang along one of the paddling rivers. Just a thought but the cooler temps will reduce the amount of permethrin (?) needed to sleep well at night. REV, don't change any plans you are working on now but maybe for next year you might have some thoughts along this line? And paddling wasasuggestion since we have alot of paddlers that hang. Maybe a base camp with option to paddle? Just thinking out loud. A beach hang is something else I have thought about too. Again, these are just thoughts that I am having.
    Check out my website www.cwhammocks.com or Find me on the YouTubes
    You can even"Like" me on facebook or follow me on Twitter @cwhammocks

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies."

DONATE TO THE GOAT ISLAND FIRE PIT FUND

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    I also like the idea of Huntington beach state park as I have never been there. Sounds ideal for one of those Low Frog Country Beaufort Boil Stews too! Although any location is an excellent location for that. I say pursue it and aim for maybe late March early April???

Quote Originally Posted by mbcruzin View Post
    If y'all want to consider a coastal hang then Huntington beach state park is the place. The primitive site has more trees then you can shake a stick at and its huge with plenty of parking. From the primitive area you can walk to the beach for fishing or what ever and there is the inlet on the other side for paddlers. The jetty is about a mile walk up the beach. A nature trail and a pavilion (I know you have to reserve this to use it) with restrooms (sorry no showers). Tons of restaurants and bars are just a five min drive away. If this sounds like an idea let me know and I'll get some info from the park rangers and go from there. I would recommended doing this in early to mid spring as well or even early summer so we have plenty of room this place gets used alot with scout troops.
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345