HHDJ JUNGLE XL(2)
    Tarp
    RSBTR & Superfly
    Insulation
    TQ HG20* UQ HG20*
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by jdk View Post
    I'll be bringing a dutch oven - that should work well for reheating sauce but I was planning on using it for cobbler/dump cake. Should I change that plan since Chigger is bringing chocolate cake?

The Sunday Gravy sounds really good!

I also have a small propane single burner stove that could be used (would need a pot to go with it though, and not sure how much weight it would take - could do probably 2-3 qt ok). My trangia set has 2 1L pots that can be used one at a time or like a double boiler. Not a lot of space for more than 2-3 people.
    Cobbler trumps sauce at my table. Cake goes fast as well as cobbler. I have not been quick enough to get any cobbler at a hang yet.

Hammock
    WBBB, RR, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    WB SF, CB
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UGQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    Looks like we will be the last ones to get there, so if anything else is needed let us know.
    Straight out of Clayton.

Most physical hike: Grandfather Mountain, NC. Aug 13.

I don't need to make my pack lighter. I need to make my (_*_) lighter.

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    Okay, so currently everything looks good, and it looks like I won't need to hitch hike my way there after all, of course given my luck this past month that could very easily change.

I appreciate everyone who offered to give me a lift, it is a great thing to be part of such a wonderful community. I'll have to check the spreadsheet to see what I can bring to share still. I plan to leave the house by 9 on Friday so that should put me there around lunch time. I'm even looking forward to the potential thunderstorms of Friday. Mostly I'm just looking forward to getting out of the city for a few days.

If I can find the spare time between now and then I have a DIY project I want to work on for the trip to keep my footsies warm and toasty.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Quote Originally Posted by Chigger View Post
    Cobbler trumps sauce at my table. Cake goes fast as well as cobbler. I have not been quick enough to get any cobbler at a hang yet.
    Ok, enough said. I'm really looking forward to this weekend!

I was just going through my gear this evening and for the stove people in the group I'll bring my small collection with me. It appears I have an extra Zelph Venom stove in my gear and I have an unopened carbon felt blanket if anyone needs some small pieces of CF for stoves.

I'll also have my new folding firebox nano if anyone wants to take a look at that before purchasing (and it looks awesome) along with and Emberlit stove.

Mostly likely I will end up bringing my spare "bought too much" box of misc items from US Plastics and other sources as well. If you are looking for small droppers and bottles I may have something you are interested in.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmat View Post
    I was just going through my gear this evening and for the stove people in the group I'll bring my small collection with me. It appears I have an extra Zelph Venom stove in my gear and I have an unopened carbon felt blanket if anyone needs some small pieces of CF for stoves.

I'll also have my new folding firebox nano if anyone wants to take a look at that before purchasing (and it looks awesome) along with and Emberlit stove.

Mostly likely I will end up bringing my spare "bought too much" box of misc items from US Plastics and other sources as well. If you are looking for small droppers and bottles I may have something you are interested in.
    Nice. Goodies. I am pumped. Going to buy my food stuff thursday and cook my meatballs. I will be putting half into sauce and the other half will unsauced. (Thats plan red sauce) I plan on bringing my alfredo ingredients and making it fresh. I will even have fresh grated cheese if people want to add it to something.

Hammock
    wbbb XLC
    Tarp
    CubenWinter Palace
    Insulation
    Down TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    single ring
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    Nice. Goodies. I am pumped. Going to buy my food stuff thursday and cook my meatballs. I will be putting half into sauce and the other half will unsauced. (Thats plan red sauce) I plan on bringing my alfredo ingredients and making it fresh. I will even have fresh grated cheese if people want to add it to something.
    Hey Miyanc what kind of pasta do you want me to bring for your meatballs and sauces? Also check your PM's.

Hammock
    wbbb XLC
    Tarp
    CubenWinter Palace
    Insulation
    Down TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    single ring
    Images
    Looks like rain or thunderstorms possible Friday. It would be nice if someone can borrow or some how bring a big tarp we could put up over the common area where we cook. etc. I brought a huge tarp last year but we didn't need it. Unfortunately It is no longer available.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmat View Post

That's awesome. I've been eyeing the emberlit for a while and would love to try one out/see one in person.

Given the size of the firebox nano/emberlit mini and the various wood burning can stoves I've attempted making, I think I want to go with one of the larger wood burners. It helps that I'm not really UL minded since most of my camping is via car. I would like to do some backpacking though so I'm not looking for heavy stuff either. In any case, sometimes bigger is better. Also, won't be doing much soloing so looking for stuff that works for 2-5 people (I just got the 2.5L pot for the trangia 27 kit since the 1L pots only really cook for one person at a time).

Quote Originally Posted by Bonepile View Post
    Looks like rain or thunderstorms possible Friday. It would be nice if someone can borrow or some how bring a big tarp we could put up over the common area where we cook. etc. I brought a huge tarp last year but we didn't need it. Unfortunately It is no longer available.
    Of course it's going to rain. I'm bringing my oldest son along - this will make the third trip in a row that it's rained on us.

I was thinking about bringing our pop-up shelter. I'll add it to the list.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonepile View Post
    Hey Miyanc what kind of pasta do you want me to bring for your meatballs and sauces? Also check your PM's.
    I am sorry I ment to get back to you. I am the collector of secret santa names so I get many pm's a day. I read yours but never remembered to reply.

Linguini works better with alfredo. I am going to be bringing the meatballs 2 ways with and without sauce. I will make or buy a red sauce for them. I figured it would be another option.

• + New Posts
  • Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast