Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    to me that sounds really uncomfortable.
    It does sound uncomfortable until you realize in some hammocks your knee will try to bend in the opposite direction with out something under it to prevent that. I cant lay in my ENO without one. That is part of the reason I got the BMBH. The BMBH is by far the most user friendly hammock I have used. As long as you get the support rings about 9'5'' apart while hanging, the rest is as natural as climbing into bed. No knee problems, no weird angles to lay at, no torque issue for me.

Images
    if you were laying completely flat it might feel strange, but in the bb you're upper torso is already inclined slightly, bending the knees slightly and having something soft under them is the perfect compliment, and it does bring your lower back into a more comfortable position like BB mentioned earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by adkpiper View Post
    Give it a shot, Ewker... It sounded bizarre to me at first, but it works really well. Also keeps your clothing warm and, if you use a dry bag, it keeps your body's humidity from getting the clothes wet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadtorque View Post
    It does sound uncomfortable until you realize in some hammocks your knee will try to bend in the opposite direction with out something under it to prevent that. I cant lay in my ENO without one. That is part of the reason I got the BMBH. The BMBH is by far the most user friendly hammock I have used. As long as you get the support rings about 9'5'' apart while hanging, the rest is as natural as climbing into bed. No knee problems, no weird angles to lay at, no torque issue for me.

I can't sleep on my back at all. I go from one side to the other all night long. Doesn't matter if I am in my bed, a hammock or a tent I toss and turn and to me that would make it even worse as it would be in my way
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    Custom 1.7/1.1 WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    DIY SWT
    Insulation
    JRB Nest & DIY RMS
    Suspension
    Whoopee Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    I can't sleep on my back at all. I go from one side to the other all night long. Doesn't matter if I am in my bed, a hammock or a tent I toss and turn and to me that would make it even worse as it would be in my way
    I'm with you on that one Ewker. I can only lie on my back for a little while right after I get in my hammock until I get relaxed. Then it's back and forth from side to side all night.
    Stoikurt
    "Work to Live...Don't Live to Work!"

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stoikurt View Post
    I'm with you on that one Ewker. I can only lie on my back for a little while right after I get in my hammock until I get relaxed. Then it's back and forth from side to side all night.
    Other than in my recliner, I'm pretty much a side sleeper at home in my bed. From one side to the other, rarely on my back for long. But most of my hammock nights have been (mostly) on my back( with a stuff sack under my knees), even in the hammocks where I can do well on my side. That was the strangest experience to me. Tired from being on the trail all day, then lay down in my HH and pass out. Next thing I know, the sun is well up and I hear my hike mates making noise. I appear to be in the same position I was in when I passed out. Normally on my pad in a tent, I change from one side to another at least once an hour or more often. Or so it seems. I often change position- even in my bed at home- because after a while on my side my hip will hurt.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12