HH Explorer UL
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x10
    Insulation
    AHE Potomac
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Potomac, Lost River or XL Lost River?

I'm trying to decide which one is best for my needs. Weight is less a concern to me than minimal fiddle factor. Most of my hanging is done on canoe trips, so getting the quilt wet is always a possibility. Synthetic insulation seems like the best way to go.

The extra width of the Potomac and XL Lost River appeal to me. I'm not sure I need the full length of the Potomac. It seems a bit unnecessary in a quilt designed to go down into the 30's only. From other posts about the Lost River I have to assume the XL Lost River will also work well on a Hennessy Expedition side Zip? Do I need the Insultex upgrade to be comfortably warm a bit below freezing?

Will I need UQ Triangle Thingies? Better to know now and save shipping
    " I have not yet begun to procrastinate!"

Hammock
    Black Bird
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Quilt
    Suspension
    Rings/straps
    Images
    I like the triangle things they do help the quilt pull up against your hammock. I also really like my XL under quilt. No more waking up cold because my quilt slid to one side or the other.

Banned
    Hammock
    Nylon between two trees.
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    enLIGHTened Eqmt.
    Suspension
    Made Some Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaron View Post
    I'm trying to decide which one is best for my needs. Weight is less a concern to me than minimal fiddle factor. Most of my hanging is done on canoe trips, so getting the quilt wet is always a possibility. Synthetic insulation seems like the best way to go.

The extra width of the Potomac and XL Lost River appeal to me. I'm not sure I need the full length of the Potomac. It seems a bit unnecessary in a quilt designed to go down into the 30's only. From other posts about the Lost River I have to assume the XL Lost River will also work well on a Hennessy Expedition side Zip? Do I need the Insultex upgrade to be comfortably warm a bit below freezing?

Will I need UQ Triangle Thingies? Better to know now and save shipping
    I just ordered a Regular LR and had issues with it being too small for my Hennessy and TTTM double. I sent it back for a new XL Lost River but have not heard from Paul in days...very unlike him. He doesn't seem to be answering e-mails or PM's. Anyone know if he's ok?

BF

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    For a HH the Potomac is the only quilt of ours that is specifically designed to work in sync. The zip models or zip modded models work better than ever with the Potomac as you set the suspension and you are set, on a bottom entry the shock cord on the quilt suspension lets you pull it to the side climb in and it will pull back into place. Some of the other quilts can be made to work on a HH but are designed for more traditional gathered end hammocks.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot2 View Post
    have not heard from Paul in days...very unlike him. He doesn't seem to be answering e-mails or PM's. Anyone know if he's ok?

BF

I get to go hiking to squeezed in a little trip over the weekend and just got back. Sorry email and phone stay home when I hike.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Banned
    Hammock
    Nylon between two trees.
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    enLIGHTened Eqmt.
    Suspension
    Made Some Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    For a HH the Potomac is the only quilt of ours that is specifically designed to work in sync. The zip models or zip modded models work better than ever with the Potomac as you set the suspension and you are set, on a bottom entry the shock cord on the quilt suspension lets you pull it to the side climb in and it will pull back into place. Some of the other quilts can be made to work on a HH but are designed for more traditional gathered end hammocks.

I get to go hiking to squeezed in a little trip over the weekend and just got back. Sorry email and phone stay home when I hike.
    Uhh...no you don't Get back to work!

BF

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    Rab Quantum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Just thought I'd chip in my two cents... I have a Potomac that I use on my HH Expedition side-zip. It fits perfectly with minimal fiddle-factor. I use the Triangle Thingies on my heavier down quilts that tend to sag more.
    All my other UQ's are 2/3 or 3/4 length, but I've come to really appreciate the full length coverage of the Potomac. It's very luxurious!
    The Potomac, specifically in use with a HH Exped zip, is a sweet rig and I give it two thumbs up.

Side note, I lent my Potomac to Wanderlust62 for use on his HH Safari during the Sylvania trip and he reported it worked great! I was wondering about the fit since the Safari is much larger than the Expedition, but he was evidently snug and warm.
    "I know the feeling - It is the real thing - You can't refuse the embrace!" | "Go n-éirí an bóthar leat."

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Glad to here it is still working good for you Sir n0thing. At near 7 feet long the Potomac should function for most any one on most any HH. Glad to here it did good on the Safari.
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    HH Explorer UL
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x10
    Insulation
    AHE Potomac
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_n0thing View Post
    All my other UQ's are 2/3 or 3/4 length, but I've come to really appreciate the full length coverage of the Potomac. It's very luxurious!
    The Potomac, specifically in use with a HH Exped zip, is a sweet rig and I give it two thumbs up.
    That sounds so good! I ordered a Potomac, should be shipping soon...I hope
    Waiting sure is tough, but the nights are getting colder. Perfect weather for some extensive backyard testing when it arrives.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaron View Post
    should be shipping soon...I hope
    It will indeed, tomorrow in fact. Just have to put on the suspension to hang it by and in the box it goes.
    Last edited by pgibson; 10-20-2010 at 19:49.

Hammock
    HH Explorer UL
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x10
    Insulation
    AHE Potomac
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    thanks Paul.

• + New Posts