View Poll Results: How would you prefer to fund the hang

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raffle

7 33.33%
  • PrePay via PayPal (based upon number of attendees)

12 57.14%
  • Other: Please expound

3 14.29%
  • None

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Dutchwear HalfZip
    Tarp
    Squidbilly made
    Insulation
    HG 20º Incubator,
    Suspension
    Straps with beetle
    Images
    Sorry you fell Grannypat. I am looking forward to it as well. I am bringing my mountain bike if anyone is up for getting a little muddy mountain biking. There are showers here right?
    "Lets drive up to the Hills and get lost somewhere..." Chinatown by Folk Soul Revival
    Life is a Thru Hike... Hike Well. ΙΧΘΥΣ

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    We were all brand new hangers at one point. Come out and join the hang. No one will laugh at you rig (well maybe a little). You will have a great time, see lots of different hammocks, UQs, TQs Tarps, suspensions ect. We will be happy to answer your questions. You will also be able to put faces to the names on the forum ect.

I find I can learn more at a hang than reading lots of posts trying to figure out what the person is talking about. Tenters are welcome.

I am bring extra gear (hammocks and tarps) to share for newbies.

Grannypat.... you still have to attend the hang. I told my wife (also a Pat) about you and I figured two Pats at the hang would be twice as much fun.

I'll be there in spirit and look forward to the pictures and trip reports. Group hangs are great--I always learn something and come home wanting to make or buy neat things I've seen at the hang.
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

Hammock
    wbbb XLC
    Tarp
    CubenWinter Palace
    Insulation
    Down TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    single ring
    Images

Question

Has anyone been to this area of the lake before? I'm wondering if there are any good places to fish from shore there. I think I'll bring some tackle just in case.

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Quote Originally Posted by Chigger View Post
    "Feel" bad for you. I did not mean for that to be a play on words because you "fell."
    LOL. Maybe Goat Island. We'll see how things feel. Put a log on the fire for me and don't just fling it on any old way.
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverpalm2x View Post
    I think we need to encourage people to put what meals they are planning on cooking for people and if people can help by bringing anything to help out those meals. I have talked to 4WLO about helping provide some with a breakfast. I think pancakes can make a great addition to any other breakfast provided. I think that they is going to be a great weekend especially if the weather changes for the good.
    I agree. The more organized the better. I'm not going to be there until around 9pm now and will be hiking all of my stuff in. When do you all want to have my chili? It could make for a nice parting meal for Sunday lunch if someone wants to bring some cornbread.

Is anyone bringing a mustard based BBQ sauce?

Quote Originally Posted by grannypat View Post
    Doctor confirmed today that I fractured my tailbone. She asked how I fell and I laughed and told her my whoopie sling slipped off the knot of my marlin spike hitch and I hit the ground. Since sitting hurts and I just can't get comfortable, I have to cancel attendance at this hang. The good news is that they didn't put my butt in a cast. If I win something at the drawing, maybe Fireinmybones will bring it this way and I or my husband can meet up with him somewhere. I'm really, really bummed about this.
    That's awful, Pat. We are going to miss you for sure. You always make things more interesting.

If you win something, I'd be happy to bring it back with me for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Itinerant Codger View Post
    I'm brand new to the forum and to hammock camping. Don't think that I'm ready to sign up for full participation in the hang, but was wondering if it would be apropos to come by Saturday to visit for a while and see some equipment set up and in use.
    Welcome to the forums! Feel free to swing by and check out the gear. We will be doing a group paddle for those interested on Saturday so coming around 3pm right before we eat might be a good chance to see the most hammockers at one time. Of course, feel free to come before that as the plans are rather fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverpalm2x View Post
    Sorry you fell Grannypat. I am looking forward to it as well. I am bringing my mountain bike if anyone is up for getting a little muddy mountain biking. There are showers here right?
    I was considering bring my bike, but I'm bringing my parents' cruiser bikes and I won't have room for three bikes, a 12' kayak, and three sets of gear plus food and drinks to the hang without some modifications to my Subaru.
    Last edited by FireInMyBones; 04-16-2013 at 10:40.
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    ...he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.

Images
    Anybody going up Thursday?
    Talmadge
    "GroundHog"

Hammock
    90"x11' DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    Groundhog, there are three of us from SC going up Thursday. We are getting a regular tent site for the night. You're welcome to join us.
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Palmetto State Hangers Treasurer <--Facebook Group Page
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2]SC Fall Sprawl 2016-Santee State Park - October 13-16---->

Images
    Thanks, I'll send you a PM.
    Talmadge
    "GroundHog"

grannypat, I will for sure miss chatting around the camp fire with you, and I imagine the camp fire will miss your expert attention as well. So sorry about the accident, hope you get over it soon.

Well, it is on. In a few minutes I will be in the car heading up to the smoked butt hang in N.C. The overnight low temp here in north Ga. is 64, quite nice, if the night time temps on Falls Lake are similar it will be pretty comfortable. So, nothing separating me from there but a few hours and a few gallons of cheap gas. Hope to have a great trip report in a few days.

• + New Posts
  • Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast