ENO Single Nest
    Tarp
    GT Funky Forest
    Insulation
    CCF pad, PLUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie

Talking First mod complete! Whoopie Slings for my SN

Nothing too exciting, but I feel pretty awesome right now regardless! I bought my first hammock, an ENO SN late last fall, and have recently become addicted to the thought of getting ready for hammock camping this spring. This forum was referenced bazillions of times, and lots of folks here recommend using whoopie slings for suspension.

I bought about 100' of Amsteel Blue from Redden Marine as suggested elsewhere in the forum (dirt cheap), and it arrived yesterday. I've spent the past 24 hours learning to make whoopie slings, continuous loops, and soft shackles, all of which are awesome.

About an hour ago, I "installed" the two whoopie slings that were intended to replace my suspension and took out the heaver ENO stuff. It's so cool!

It seems like it gets potentially messy when you stuff the hammock back in, but I'll get used to it. Next up is a ridgeline, and possibly a bishop's bag, as it looks pretty nifty when you string your bag on one side, and eject your hammock from the bag to the other tree.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for sharing so much information. This has been a blast!

Hammock
    DIY End Channel
    Tarp
    DIY Winter tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ and HG
    Suspension
    Kevlar, amsteel.
    Images
    Yep, now you're screwed lol, the diy has begun, and it starts with amsteel. You'll be banging out new hammocks and tarps , dynaglide and ucrs, blah blah blah in no time

Welcome to the forum.

Craig

Hammock
    Eno Dn, Sn, DIY "Ahote"
    Tarp
    DIY soon
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie and straps
    Quote Originally Posted by ttilberg View Post
    Nothing too exciting, but I feel pretty awesome right now regardless! I bought my first hammock, an ENO SN late last fall, and have recently become addicted to the thought of getting ready for hammock camping this spring. This forum was referenced bazillions of times, and lots of folks here recommend using whoopie slings for suspension.

I bought about 100' of Amsteel Blue from Redden Marine as suggested elsewhere in the forum (dirt cheap), and it arrived yesterday. I've spent the past 24 hours learning to make whoopie slings, continuous loops, and soft shackles, all of which are awesome.

About an hour ago, I "installed" the two whoopie slings that were intended to replace my suspension and took out the heaver ENO stuff. It's so cool!

It seems like it gets potentially messy when you stuff the hammock back in, but I'll get used to it. Next up is a ridgeline, and possibly a bishop's bag, as it looks pretty nifty when you string your bag on one side, and eject your hammock from the bag to the other tree.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for sharing so much information. This has been a blast!
    Can you elaborate on the "messy when you stuff the hammock back in"? I'm going to be upgrading my ENO DN sometime in the near future and I'm just curious what to expect. I already have a Bishops bag I made and its working out beautifully.

And Kudos on the job well done!

Thanks.

Hammock
    ENO Single Nest
    Tarp
    GT Funky Forest
    Insulation
    CCF pad, PLUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Hi Hototo, its nothing too serious, its just that im still using the ENO stuff sack, which as im sure you know from the DN, is a pretty tight fit already. Its not that there isnt rooms for the whoopie slings, its more trying to figure out how to shove the extra 12 feet of loose cord in with it. It fits fine, it just feels messy. After I get more used to it, or find better cord management when i pack it up, I'm sure it wont be a big deal.

If you have a b bag already, I dont think youll find it as annoying as I did.

Also, update: 80" - 112" ASR complete!

Hammock
    12' diy hammock
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    warmth
    Suspension
    cinch buckle
    Good work! I just did the same to my DN about a month ago and it feels good. But it sure does set the diy seed. The DN bag must be a little bigger cuz my whoopies and 2 biners fit with room to spare. I stuff all the cords in last to make it easier to set up.

Whoopies were my first mod when I purchased my ENO last year. I found the easiest way to stuff everything in the bag and keep it tidy is to stuff the hammock all the way in leaving the ends for last. Once the ends are inside I will wrap the cordage around my four fingers and then push it in the bag to one side then repeat.

• + New Posts