hennesy ultra light
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    incubator
    Suspension
    straps
    Wow that is very cool.
    As a wise man once said "If woman don't find you handsome at least they'll find you handy." Hang in there.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB yeti, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by MadTree View Post
    K0m4, I'm 1cm taller than you (187) and I fit in Tarseer just fine but regardless of your height I can't say that Tarseer would feel especially roomy. I'd compare the experience to sleeping in a mummy style sleeping bag. Can't do jumper jacks but won't be too crammed either.
    That sounds good. Well, the roominess is more that there's space for me to be fully stretched out etc., not like having a bunch of extra space like in a tent, and that seems to be covered then. So it must feel kind of like sleeping in a suspended sleeping bag.

Cool, if I hadn't just gotten my BB setup basically the way I want it, I would be on your site buying one already! What is really attractive is that this seems to pack so small and be so light even though it's designed for the conditions I know I need a lot more stuff to cover with my current stuff.

Elias,

Finally broke down and decided the Tarseer would be worth a try. Your store gives two options: email invoice and bank transfer. Initially tried the bank transfer option but quickly ran into issues as the instructions were in Finnish. Changed it to the email invoice option and awaiting the invoice. Hope that leads to an easier payment option. Credit card? Paypal? Money order? Can you give some explanation? It might help (me and) others who decide to purchase from the USA.

BER

Hammock
    DDCamping/HennessySafari
    Tarp
    Etowa10/10silnylon
    Insulation
    GL TQ /Yeti&AHE UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopee slings
    Images
    This looks really awesome ! It will save you on setup nic nacs and extra lines ! Very cool ! Even a smaller tarp could be used ! Hose it down with Permethrin and no bug net required !
    Can't wait to see pics !
    High ground is dry ground!
    Moondoggy

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackR View Post
    Hello guys! I've been having my eyes on this product and was wondering if anyone on these forums has got some past experiences about it? The concept sure looks interesting and I kinda like the way you don't apparently need any addittional sleepingbags or quilts with it but it'd be nice to hear your thoughts.

Oh and since I'm new here Hello to everyone!

Richard
    Quote Originally Posted by Burning_Daylight View Post
    I don't know at over $600 you could have a hammock, underquilt, top quilt, a tarp to keep you dry, bug protection, and $300 in your pocket. Not to be a negative ninny, it does look like a cool idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackR View Post
    Well I decided to give it a go and ordered mine today, should take about a week to arrive so we'll see how it turns out to be
    Yes, need a video too!

MadTree, is this some sort of pod system? I can't quite figure it out from the pics, other than it looks pretty wild.

Or is it an insulated hammock on the bottom with a top quilt sewn into the hammock on top?

Hammock
    MadTree Tarseer
    Tarp
    MadTree rae
    Insulation
    Down
    Quote Originally Posted by BER View Post
    Elias,

Finally broke down and decided the Tarseer would be worth a try. Your store gives two options: email invoice and bank transfer. Initially tried the bank transfer option but quickly ran into issues as the instructions were in Finnish. Changed it to the email invoice option and awaiting the invoice. Hope that leads to an easier payment option. Credit card? Paypal? Money order? Can you give some explanation? It might help (me and) others who decide to purchase from the USA.

BER
    This is somewhat strange, I thought that the bank transfer option would be only visible for customers from Finland and when when I just tried the system and changed my shipping address within US it didn't show up. We too would prefer credit card payments but setting them up is not all that simple. They also tend to involve substantial monthly fees, which we have been reluctant to pay due to a small number of international customers. Also there has been no demand for setting up PayPal or similar systems but seeing we're clearly getting better known overseas it might be time to take a look at how we could implement them to our store.

BillyBob Insulated hammock or suspendable sleeping bag, I suppose it depends on how you look at it I suppose you could describe it as "two-layered insulated bridge hammock with missing foot end spreader with hooded and footboxed topquilt with middlezipper sewn to it"

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB yeti, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by MadTree View Post
    I suppose you could describe it as "two-layered insulated bridge hammock with missing foot end spreader with hooded and footboxed topquilt with middlezipper sewn to it"
    Simple enough!

Hammock
    DDCamping/HennessySafari
    Tarp
    Etowa10/10silnylon
    Insulation
    GL TQ /Yeti&AHE UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopee slings
    Images
    Very nice thanks for sharing the pics !
    High ground is dry ground!
    Moondoggy

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Definitely an interesting concept. What's the overall weight?

I think the price is right around where it needs to be. It's possible to buy a quality hammock, full-length UQ, TQ and hood for ~30F for less money, but this has a few convenience advantages that you don't get with a standard setup...and that convenience may well be worth the money for the folks who like it.

One key advantage of insulated hammocks is that there are no UQ fit problems, no air gaps under the legs, etc. That's true if it's baffled correctly. MadTree - can you explain a little more about the UQ's baffles? Are the baffles sewn directly to the hammock fabric? How do you ensure there are no air gaps under the legs?

Another advantage is that sewing the UQ directly to the hammock can eliminate one entire panel of fabric (the UQ's inner layer)...and those large panels are the heaviest part of an UQ. That can be a substantial weight savings. Does your design eliminate this panel?

One thing I'd be concerned about with sewing the TQ directly to the hammock is that it won't drape properly around the user's sides, creating air gaps running the length of the body. Has anyone reported this?

I have a couple insulated hammocks. They're obviously not as flexible as other hammocks in terms of temperature range, but they're my favorite winter option b/c of the weight savings.

One thing I've noticed with mine, though, is that the fabric stretches over time. My favorite hammock started out as a 20F or so, but the hammock body has stretched under my butt enough to reduce the amount of insulation there...so now it's about a 30F hammock at that spot. I solve this simply by using a little longer leg pad since this hammock only has torso-length insulation, so it's no big deal. Have you tested your design for a length of time that's long enough to see if you'll get this issue?

Looking forward to learning more about this design.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Definitely an interesting concept. What's the overall weight?
    Jeff,
    Per the MadTree website, the Tarseer weighs 1150g or 40.6 oz. With net 1210g or 42.6 oz.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast