Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Tarp
    Insulation
    Lynx Winter Full
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    sir_n0thing, Just to let you know in case you don't yet, the military has pretty much switched over to a newer Mod Sleep System. It has 2 stuff sacks, ACU Camo Bivy and the two inner bags are just different colors now. I don't believe them to be as warm as the older BDU 4 piece bags IMO. Anyways with everyone switching over the market should be pretty much flooded with the older style that you are looking for right now. Even the price that we show for the older sleep systems is dropping dramatically right now. I believe our price is down to around $157.00, so the civilian market shouldn't be to awfully much off that I would hope. Good luck, Dale

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Have you checked E-Bay?
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    Rab Quantum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknowyet View Post
    sir_n0thing, Just to let you know in case you don't yet, the military has pretty much switched over to a newer Mod Sleep System. It has 2 stuff sacks, ACU Camo Bivy and the two inner bags are just different colors now. I don't believe them to be as warm as the older BDU 4 piece bags IMO. Anyways with everyone switching over the market should be pretty much flooded with the older style that you are looking for right now. Even the price that we show for the older sleep systems is dropping dramatically right now. I believe our price is down to around $157.00, so the civilian market shouldn't be to awfully much off that I would hope. Good luck, Dale
    Yep, I've seen the newer ones. The new color scheme looks great, but as long as it functions, I'm happy. The pricing on the woodland/green/black sets seems to have stabilized around $150 or so where the ACU sets are still over $200 most places. There's a Mil Surplus store about an hour drive from me, they said they have a few sets. Might drive over to take a look sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSawyer View Post
    Have you checked E-Bay?
    Yep, been watching eBay for months. Would rather purchase from a trustworthy source, such as a HF member

To reiterate, thanks for all the tips and suggestions, but I already own 6 sleeping bags of various ratings, both down and synthetic. I still want a US GI MSS "just because". I think it'd be nice to have a set in my gear collection.
    "I know the feeling - It is the real thing - You can't refuse the embrace!" | "Go n-éirí an bóthar leat."

Hammock
    HH Exped Mod #2
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Burrow in the Nest
    Suspension
    8ft WhoOPies
    2-cents

I love my E.C.W.S. If it was only a little bit lighter. I spent a couple of very wet and cold night on the PCT with intermediate bag and gore-Tex bivy and stayed plenty warm and dry.
    The Woooods!

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    If you want a trustworthy source for an awesome kit, check out www.wiggys.com. You can even pick and choose which components you want.

Wiggy says he came up with the idea, marketed it to the military, and they contracted his idea out to SnugPac for a cheaper version. Whether that's true or not, the idea for his kit is the same as the military version and it's higher quality than all the General Issue bags I've seen. I got my kit issued from a SOF unit.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    GTSBP
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12x12
    Insulation
    Bag and Pad
    Suspension
    WS
    Images
    I just found the bivy alone in my local army surplus store. They didn't have the sleeping bags that went with it so I got it for $40. It is used, but looks brand new. I really lucked out.
    Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ArsonHammockHanger

Images

The USGI ACU MSS

I have one for about a year already and i love it. To make sure if the MSS are real it has to have "Tennier Industries" or "Slumberjack". Slumberjack has "Gamma and Delta" MSS they have a better Quality Bivy Bags With different Camo. If im not mistaking you have woodland, ACU, or Multicam.

I know this before i want one ive looked under rocks and caves for information that i know. i know alot of website to buy them i also asked people on forums and they send me to Ebay. But can you trust them the bag system are grade a or better. so i looked all round the cyberspace to know where to get information on them and where to buy them. so by chance i went to a surplus store and i found a found USGI ACU modular sleeping system bag for $167.00. when i looked for the they were for $500.00 to $800.00. so i have it now the mss.

You cant wash them with tide or any color fast detergent. you use woolite or ecos these are soft detergents. the reason is because tide takes away NIR and the DWR finish in time.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Some person on my local San Diego Craig's List posted a complete sleep system for $80.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/spo/2171819828.html
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

Hammock
    HH Expedition w/Hex Tarp, Mod 3
    Insulation
    Potomac KAQ, MSS
    Suspension
    Stock
    I looked and waited and watched ebay and did my research. Finally, I found a "good as new" Tennier MSS and paid about $90.00, shipped. It is THE BEST, but not light. Be patient and know what you are looking at and you'll find one. They really are worth it, but I didn't want to pay more than a hundred, and I was not dissappointed. Good hunting!

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    USGI PL UQ&TQ
    Suspension
    whoopies/straps
    $99 here:
    http://www.unclesamsretailoutlet.com...-4_Pc_Sys.html

cheapest i've seen it, mine is on its way...

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast