HG 4S Cuben
    Insulation
    Feathers
    Suspension
    Cinch & Webbing
    Images
    And the Wildlife...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
    My Photos My Videos

Hammock
    R-III
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben
    Insulation
    Feathers
    Suspension
    Cinch & Webbing
    Images
    last but not least...
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
    My Photos My Videos

Hammock
    One that has a roof
    Tarp
    strong and sturdy
    Images

A great mob to hang with!

A great big thank you to all I had an amazing time! Lots of fun and good laughter despite the moist conditions, but who cares at least we werent at work nor in tents!!

This being my first hang I did have some trepidations, i.e. making sure I didnt do a face plant getting in and out of the hammock in front of everyone - especially since my hang was the closest to the kitchen area! Not knowing the secret handshake and the response to the challenge question was also somewhat scary - being a former Sigma Chi Fraternity member!! Listening to your technical discussions was very interesting though - I think I need to go back to school and get my Civil and Mechanical Engineering degrees - not to mention a Math degree!! The tarp construction, modification, and continuous re-engineering was very humorous and yet it was the best tarp work I have seen in many many years! The collection of stoves I think exceeded any outdoors convention display I have ever attended!!

The collection of DIY gear, sewing techniques, knots knowledge, leather craftmenship and shoe repair work was truly a testimony to the creativity of the individuals and group! I was expecting on Sunday when the sun came out that members of the group would breakout into a quilting bee! And to be honest I would have enjoyed seeing that happen!!

The French have not experienced true gastronomy until they attend an outing with this group! While I did not participate in the Goulash it looked amazing and the community involvement in the creation with Master Chef Joe (Ramsay) input was truly inspirational to one who enjoys cooking in the wilderness. While Master Chef Joe did provide commentary on my spagehtti sauce (needs pepper...and in true Master Chef form walks away...) he was not able to identify the secret meat that was used... ground venison So yes Dan and Cory you had venison on the trip you can thank my daughter for the contribution!

The Wellington Wieners invented by Master Chef Joe were absolutely incredible and will now become a standing staple to every canoe trip I take! The dessert King Jiblet - with the decadent moist brownies and cheese cake was just too much - awesome dude!!!

It was great to be amongst such coniseours of fine drink. I am looking forward to seeing the - Captain Canadian Morgan picture. Please post!!

In closing may I say you were a great MOB to hang with! and I look forward to future trips!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DBL
    Tarp
    OES Mac Cat
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 winter UQ
    Suspension
    Strap & Buckle

My very First hang

So I have owned my hammock for almost 6 months now and only gotten to use it for short naps. This trip was not only a great time but marked the first official night in my hammock. Even though it was raining when we set up at midday on Sat and we were moist to the bone, my nights were anything but. My DIY underquilt performed admirably. Sunday dawned with great promise of sun and didn't disappoint. I laughed so much on this trip it hurt my head. The time was too short by half.
    "We have much to do and less time to do it in"

Hammock
    DIY bridge hammock
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    Sounds like a great time. I'm thinking a trip north for one of your hangs is in order! Thanks for taking us along on a very cool trip.
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

Hammock
    R-III
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben
    Insulation
    Feathers
    Suspension
    Cinch & Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Eye View Post
    It was great to be amongst such coniseours of fine drink. I am looking forward to seeing the - Captain Canadian Morgan picture. Please post!!!
    As requested, Captain Morgan on tap...
    My Photos My Videos

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock 12'
    Insulation
    DIY Karo + HG TQ
    Suspension
    AHE Web/Buckles
    Images
    lol, we've immortalized chard!

Hammock
    DIY Lazy Ryvr Bridge, Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Hard Rock Shelter
    Insulation
    DIY Karo UQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    Not much I can add to all this. The hotdogs are amazing anyone that wants the recipe just pm me I will be glad to pass it along.

Lots of wildlife despite the moist conditions. Sunday lived up to its name and made for a beautiful hike through the great northern woods. Otter please post a pic or two of the rock face we climbed up on. Everyone that didnt come you missed an amazing vista, hopefully the pics will do it justice.

Thanks to Charrd for spearheading the trip, to Corey, Charrd and Dan for the Goulash ingredients, to the other Cory for bringing the breakfast stuff despite the break down in communication LOL. Jiblets the moist brownies were amazing and thanks to Dead eye for trusting your dinner to my insane inspirations.

I cant wait to see all of you again, and another canoe group hang is definately a must.

Ryvr
    When you discard arrogance, complexity, and a few other things that get in the way, sooner or later you will discover that simple, childlike, and mysterious secret known to those of the Uncarved Block: Life is Fun.

Hammock
    One that has a roof
    Tarp
    strong and sturdy
    Images

Captain Charrd

Otter that is an AWESOME Pic! Charrd you realise that you are now immortalized with the Captain stance - I think you have your Christmas Card photo LOL!!

Hammock
    HH Explorer UL
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x10
    Insulation
    AHE Potomac
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Like Ryvr, I don't have much to add. My thanks also go out to Chard for being the driving force behind the trip, and bringing me one of the delicious steaks featured in Brian's video.

The group meals were a bit of work to organize but they really brought the hang together. Too bad the moist conditions didn't really allow us much time to get out on the water.

Special thanks to Dan for patiently showing me the Diamond Knot, I think I have it mastered now, and to Otter for providing some spectacular photo's of the local critters. I really like the beaver pics. So much detail.

The next canoe hang won't come soon enough.
    " I have not yet begun to procrastinate!"

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast