ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 12x12
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Lost Biker you are right way too much Fun

I will send you a pic of my New 1/6th scale Research and Development campgound

with 2 10 ft Trees spaced at 18ft apart

It would have been Great for the Old GI Joe Dolls(Not that I play with Dolls )

but the scale R&D area works Great

SO far I made a scale ENO Doublest, Guide Gear 12x 12 tarp and Guide Gear 10 x 10 Tarp

to go along with my NeW TED/ Bivy

The Wife thinks I am crazy!
    "HANGING OUT" has taken on a whole NEW MEANING

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 12x12
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Detail Man I agree but the TED is not my idea I just came up with the changes utilizing a water Resistant / Waterproof bottom for an emegency Bivy

I will upload pics of the completed full size one and do a test in some colder weather

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    This is a fantastic idea, and I can't wait to see pics (or video) of the finished product in action.

Quote Originally Posted by scottpash View Post
    Their not dolls, they are action figures.

The wife always thinks we're crazy. just learn to love the eye roll.

Detail Man I agree but the TED is not my idea I just came up with the changes utilizing a water Resistant / Waterproof bottom for an emegency Bivy

I will upload pics of the completed full size one and do a test in some colder weather
    Interation and the free sharing of ideas is what makes HammockForums. Just because you didn't come up with the original doesn't make your additions any less awesome.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Lost Biker you are right way too much Fun

I will send you a pic of my New 1/6th scale Research and Development campgound

with 2 10 ft Trees spaced at 18ft apart

but the scale R&D area works Great

SO far I made a scale ENO Doublest, Guide Gear 12x 12 tarp and Guide Gear 10 x 10 Tarp

to go along with my NeW TED/ Bivy

Yeah - the scaled down stuff gives a good idea of how it should work, but the full size always lets you know what doesn't work. You never know till you try. Thats the joy of DIY.

Catavarie is right - they're action figures, not dolls. The older GI Joe's were bigger so you could make a bigger mock up. The new ones are too tiny.

I'll get my pictures up as soon as I can. I figure about an hour to do most of the sewing. Come on USPS!

I'm still trying to decide about the bottom material. Syl is light weight, but fragile. Again this is not for full time use, only emergency grounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Catavarie View Post
    This is a fantastic idea, and I can't wait to see pics (or video) of the finished product in action.

Their not dolls, they are action figures.

The wife always thinks we're crazy. just learn to love the eye roll.

Interation and the free sharing of ideas is what makes HammockForums. Just because you didn't come up with the original doesn't make your additions any less awesome.
    True, true, all true. I don't roll my eyes anymore as being slapped in painful places cured me of that.
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Biker View Post
    I'm still trying to decide about the bottom material. Syl is light weight, but fragile. Again this is not for full time use, only emergency grounding.
    Could go with Tyvek. It's tough and light enough to be used by the ground dwellers. And it's water proof. You could use Tyvek tape to attach the netting directly to the bathtub and not have to worry about sewing it.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 12x12
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    I think I am going to use sil just so that it has a more finished look

still playing around with different ideas

I need to find a Material in 60" width or possibly 64" so that ther is not a seam in the middle of the bathtub when in bivy mode
    This way ther is only a seam at each end to seal and to have possible water leaks from

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Catavarie View Post
    Could go with Tyvek. It's tough and light enough to be used by the ground dwellers. And it's water proof. You could use Tyvek tape to attach the netting directly to the bathtub and not have to worry about sewing it.
    Hmmm. Good idea. I'll be trying that - makes for a simple put together.

I think I am going to use sil just so that it has a more finished look

still playing around with different ideas

I need to find a Material in 60" width or possibly 64" so that ther is not a seam in the middle of the bathtub when in bivy mode
    This way ther is only a seam at each end to seal and to have possible water leaks from
    I'm going to try the tyvek but I'm also going to make one from oxford nylon - rugged and cheap - although heavy. My problem is that when going to ground, a thin piece of whatever under you lets you feel everything - rocks, pebbles, etc. A thicker material negates some of this. No matter how I cleaned the area where I planted my tent, I ALWAYS felt something underneath me. This is why hammock are superior - but you already know that .

In an emergency, being comfortable is a big deal for me. The better I sleep (without something poking me) the better I can think and make a good decision for whatevers next.

The oxford is heavy, but not too heavy - it'll add only a few .oz's to the finished product and last a lot longer than something that can be cut or pierced by a rock or whatever.

And yes, it's only supposed to be used a few times. I bet the ultra lighters could - would use something like this for the AT or other trails. They don't care how uncomfortable it is as long as it weighs next to nothing .
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 12x12
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    To create a little more height in Bivy mode I increased the No see Um netting to 42"
    and sewed a tieout at the bottom center points and at each end where the netting meets the waterproof material

These tie out can be joine in hanging mode to take up some of the extra material so that it does not drag the ground

I still think that this can weigh under 16oz. which I believe is not too bad for a three season bug net and emegency Bivy

I know it will be too much for any SUL people and probably for most UL people

Now I need to stop testing and get a real one made

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    To create a little more height in Bivy mode I increased the No see Um netting to 42"
    and sewed a tieout at the bottom center points and at each end where the netting meets the waterproof material

These tie out can be joine in hanging mode to take up some of the extra material so that it does not drag the ground

I still think that this can weigh under 16oz. which I believe is not too bad for a three season bug net and emegency Bivy

I know it will be too much for any SUL people and probably for most UL people

Now I need to stop testing and get a real one made
    42 sounds better -probable better than the 48 I was going to use. I need just enough room to sit up without running into something. I'm still waiting for my material to get here - still in Maine. As soon as I get it I'll sew this thing up and we'll compare notes. I thing it will be more in the range of 10oz including suspension.

I'm making one side static - held up by cord and the other side will be shock cord. Zing it will be the cord of choice - strong and slick so it won't tangle too badly.

Can't wait to play with it. Have you thought of making something to go around/over/whatever so it will block wind in winter? Or are you going for just the mesh? Hmmm - I have an idea for that. Give me a bit. You can also use it dual purpose for the hammock too. I'll let you know.

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 12x12
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    I am using shock cord on both sides so that I can Enter/Exit on either side

Yes I am planning on making Two Top Caps

Summer Use (9" on each Side)

Winter Use/ Expected Excessive Rain-Wind ( 48" on each Side)

Even have the thought of putting shock cord in the bottoms of the Longer one
    to Help it seal up tight and Velcro on Each End

I probably will not be making my full size one for at least 2 weeks

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast