ENO DN
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies /straps
    Images
    I bought my tree straps/whoopie sling suspension from Paul @arrowhead last year and found him very quick to respond to my emails, even before I ordered (I can be a pain with my questions) and although it took a few days to ship his stuff is well made (as mentioned above) and worth the wait.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    I can see both sides of this but to me you should first take up any disatisfaction with the vendor. I'd only post to ask the forums if I was not happy with the resolution of the situation or lack there of. One day late is not unreasonable in all my online ordering experiences.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

I agree with the others, one day past shipment date is not that big of a deal. They are a great vendor, and as said before he just had an anniversary sale and all this gear is hand made, he could have ran out and had to make more. There are also hundreds of other orders. Vendors are pretty good at how they handle these issues. And one day late is not a biggy at all. No worries brother, not sure if it needed a thread but whats done is done.

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Often a situation where things don't go just as we expect causes us to create constructions in our heads that make life stressful. I work with deadlines, clients, details all the time in my work. Often things don't go as anticipated or hoped for.

My usual response is to smile, understand, and know that it is what it is. All the fretting, worrying, anger, etc. in the world will not change it. The only thing that I have control over is how I react to it. While on the one hand, it is regrettable that the OP received his WS 24 hours late, and whatever implications negative or otherwise that may have had for him; on the other hand I am happy Paul is so dang busy he is having a hard time keeping up.

So, I would encourage us all to make choices about these things that provide happiness in our own lives and goodwill in the forum. To do otherwise, seems at least from my perspective, destructive to all concerned, makes little difference in outcomes, and creates a lot of stress and discord.

I have told my kids numerous times that we have two choices in life, we can be the pigeon or the statue. It is often how we perceive the events in our lives that makes them what they are and what we are. Cognitive restructuring works. We do it all the time. Sometimes we just have to be deliberate and not go with the first reaction that comes to us. A little thought and reflection can remake a negative into something that serves us well. A little pause and reflection, asking "Where is the gift in this?" can go a long, long, way. I'm guessing the OP could really, really appreciate getting those WS because of the delay. Absence does create fondness, if we choose it.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonator View Post
    ...On 8/7/12 I sent payment for 1 whoopie kit. 8/8 he sent a confirmation on the payment, saying it will be shipped within a week. Eight days later it was shipped. Does this happen to everyone? I am displeased with the service.
    Its my fault. I ordered so much stuff on 8/6 that it surely must have slowed him down.

And I get my stuff on Monday, the 20th.

I'm pretty sure that he could've bumped it up if you had to have it by a certain day.

Hammock
    Knotty design, 1.5 oz stretch side
    Tarp
    WL Tad Pole
    Insulation
    PLUQ w/IX
    Suspension
    dynaglide/straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Skipper View Post
    Not knocking your feelings. Remember this is a Cottage Industry. Paul just had his anniversary sale, and probably took a hundred or more orders. He makes these items himself and they are fine products.

What took a few extra days to ship will be made up for in quality of product, and, if needed, follow up customer service. This is not Amazon, Overstock or REI.

Other vendors often take up to a month to fill an order, and because we know we are recieving a quality product, we wait patiently and are willing to overlook the wait time because it is overshadowed by quality.

My advise is to put into perspective what you have received, and at what price. A week to ship is not all that big a deal in the greater scheme of things.

Enjoy your whoopies, they are a fantastic addition to your hanging setup.

I'm always amazed at how patient and understand people are with other peoples money and other peoples products. Business is business. It seems to me to be just south of intilectually bankrupt, when people say " you're getting great quality or a great price". Next time you go into McDonalds and order the 2 for 1 and one of your sandwiches is uneatable, see how well it goes over when she says, "but you really one paid for one, so how can you gripe?
    My point is again business is business. You say something, follow thru. Now having said that I have ordered from AHE and been very happy with their service. They have always been good with communications and quick shipping. In fact the other day I made a post commending several venders I have used lately. If you want to make a difference, put some effort toward posting Thank you's when things go well and instead of making excuses acknowledge mistakes. I feel for you and can understand your frustration, send Paul an e-mail, they/he is usually very prompt.
    - Gary -

"Nice Pen, I Bet It Writes Some Really Nice Stories"

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Sorry to hear we let you down Nelsonator. The sale orders have had us working hard to keep up. We have had just about 200 orders come in since the start of the sale on the 1st. And for what it's worth there are folks that ordered on 8/3 that still have not received their gear yet. In the case of the sale we work hard to get ordered out as quickly as possible but digging our way out of the mountain that floods in does take us some time. We sold over 40 tarps, we are about 1/2 of the way through making them, 34 quilts- only a couple left of those to make, just about 70 whoopie kits- only the ones that go with tarps are still waiting to be shipped and over 20 pillows. In addition to our regular order volume. Each and every product is cut and sewn and assembled and spliced but one of 3 of us, and then each and every order is packed and shipped by my wife who also is at home raising 3 kids. Not trying to make excuses just need folks to understand that they are not the only customer that is waiting on gear when they order it. If there is anything that we can do to rectify the situation of taking a week to get your order out to you let me know and we can see what we can do.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryBunk View Post
    I'm always amazed at how patient and understand people are with other peoples money and other peoples products. Business is business.
    What an obnoxious accusation. I've bought THOUSANDS of dollars worth of cottage gear, both here on hammock forums and elsewhere. Sorry if you think I'm not justified to have an opinion on somebody griping about an extra day to get a few pieces of spliced string.

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Great response Paul. I want to do "business" with you in the future. Much better than a hamburger, or two.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    I wouldn't get too worked up over this posting as we all have seen this posting before...you can't expect everybody to be pleased no matter what you do in business. And,,when everybody orders something new,,the wait drives all of us nuts alittle,,I think you can call it,,"the want". I know the waiting with the anticipation of recieving new gear is thrilling myself even if its a Dutch quilt hook, a whoopie sling, or a great quilt from Paul at Arrowhead. Peace to all,,and happy hanging!
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast