Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Croeso o Gymru

Hammock
    Looking for it
    Tarp
    Home made
    Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    Many of us DIY people here and non of us are shamed for doing it. Welcome to the forums, from Ohio.
    Thanks for the welcome. I think it's the opposite, when someone asks where you get the awsome kit, you can say with superiority that it is a custom item.

Hammock
    Looking for it
    Tarp
    Home made
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
    I was in Cardiff for a few days in March and I recognized your greeting immediately. Lovely country. We enjoyed ourselves immensely. Glad to have you in the forums. DIY can be wicked good fun. But be aware... the dark side lurks.
    Thanks for the welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed being in Wales, well Cardiff. I know making your own gear can be addictive, but I never seem to be able to find quite the right thing that I want.

Another nut is always welcome up our tree, happy hanging.

Hammock
    Looking for it
    Tarp
    Home made
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppinmad View Post
    Hi
    Welcome from the Swansea valley, there are some hangers from Wales on here, as well as some sais..at least they hang so they cant be that bad
    Regards
    Stu
    Thanks for the Swansea welcome. I love camping round here and looking forward to doing some hangin', I enjoy being up in the Preselis, but there is a shortage of trees!

Hammock
    Looking for it
    Tarp
    Home made
    Quote Originally Posted by craige View Post
    Welcome from Scotland.

I suspect it will be around August before it hits 20șc up here

There are some insane diy skills being shown off here, looking forward to seeing sone of yours.
    Thanks for the Scots welcome. I hope it does get warmer, I am planning a highland visit with the wife, will be leaving it to September, hopefully avoiding the worse of the midges.

Hammock
    Looking for it
    Tarp
    Home made
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    Welcome from Florida. Yes, you have quite a few hanging members there in the UK. I just ordered some new gear from your side of the pond from one of those members.
    Thanks for the Florida welcome. We do have some great gear over here, but I am really jealous of the range of materials you have over there. And the prices are fantastic. The problem is that I can bu something for a couple of dollars and spend 10 dollars shipping it

Hammock
    Looking for it
    Tarp
    Home made
    Quote Originally Posted by old4hats View Post
    Another nut is always welcome up our tree, happy hanging.
    Hi oldhats, thanks for the arboreal welcome. There seem to be a lot more hangers over there than here, I guess you have a better climate for it. Sometimes it can be endlessly wet in the UK, and we need some dry space to stretch in. Also there are a lot more of you and open space than we have.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12