Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubartez View Post
    I have never done any prospecting at Uwharrie but I think it's going to be fun to do. I have one pan and a bazooka gold trap that my kids use up in the creek in the mountains. I will see about another pan and a small portable/packable sluice from a guy at work, shouldn't be a problem to borrow. The only other things I'm taking are some rubber boots, a small hand trowel, cook kit and food for lunch. I have never found any gold at our place in the mountains (wrong geographical area) but the kids don't know that and really get a kick out of it. I have however seen all the episodes of Gold Rush and Bering Sea Gold.... LOL. It should be fun even if we don't find anything. I'm trying to get in touch with a guy from Statesville who goes to Uwharrie once a month to look for gold and see if he may be interested going that weekend. We shall see if he comes or not. Looking forward to a great time.
    I fully expect to pull a nugget out of the ground the size of a vw in the first 5 minutes I am out there... I try and tell my cubscouts that its called fishing not catching. I will see if I can find some pans and maybe one of those industrial earth movers from those tv shows. I also have a couple of books about the uwharries and they list sites. It should be fun.

Images
    What is the policy on blasting?

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    I will bring the nitro just in case.

Hammock
    WBRR, WBBB XLC, DIY
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx, Yeti, Rev 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gqgeek81 View Post
    What is the policy on blasting?
    From what I have read, a person can only use manual devices such as pans, sluices, small shovel/trowel and buckets. I'm pretty sure the only area one can dig is in the creek, no digging on banks. Also, metal detectors are not allowed. Now if a person is on private property, the rules are different and it's what the owner says goes. I'm going to drive up the road Friday to the outpost in El Dorado and check it out. They are pretty helpful on info. Maybe they can give some info on Dutchmans Creek since it seems to be the closest to hike to.
    Aim for the moon, if you miss, at least you will still be among the stars.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubartez View Post
    From what I have read, a person can only use manual devices such as pans, sluices, small shovel/trowel and buckets. I'm pretty sure the only area one can dig is in the creek, no digging on banks. Also, metal detectors are not allowed. Now if a person is on private property, the rules are different and it's what the owner says goes. I'm going to drive up the road Friday to the outpost in El Dorado and check it out. They are pretty helpful on info. Maybe they can give some info on Dutchmans Creek since it seems to be the closest to hike to.
    I hope you all know I was kidding on the machinery and nitro. I am also not opposed to driving to a different trail head to access my new retirement package. I just need to figure out a way to bring in the nugget the size of a vw.

This is sounding like a lot of fun! I have a couple of new toys to bring along...looking forward to it.

Hammock
    Dutchwear HalfZip
    Tarp
    Squidbilly made
    Insulation
    HG 20º Incubator,
    Suspension
    Straps with beetle
    Images
    looking forward to this weekend. It will probably be my first night of 2014 in the woods. I hope that arctic freezes are over with and I can bring my mountain bike, if not I am up for some hiking.
    "Lets drive up to the Hills and get lost somewhere..." Chinatown by Folk Soul Revival
    Life is a Thru Hike... Hike Well. ΙΧΘΥΣ

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    I changed the spread sheet. The donation will to firebird who I am hoping is getting us some firewood. At least enough to not need some. The food will be like normal, I am sure we can either have a brunch or first breakfast and second breakfast. That last part was typed with a hobbits accent. Some of us are early risers and others can eat a few breakfasts. Just make sure if you are making something that it is for enough people. I will be bringing some meats ( probably some hand made sausage patties, bacon and some thin cut steaks). Although I will be bringing enough meat for say 10-12 people, I am not bringing enough of each for that amount. I will also be bringing a dutch oven for making monkey bread. I will fill the oven which should feed 10 or so people.

Hammock
    WL Nite Owl
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    KAQ under, WL over
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I will check and see, but there is a chance I can get a group of my friends to serve as prospecting coaches for the group and may even be able to provide lots of gear. We are in the national forest prospecting almost every weekend, so we know a few places to go.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NCfree View Post
    I will check and see, but there is a chance I can get a group of my friends to serve as prospecting coaches for the group and may even be able to provide lots of gear. We are in the national forest prospecting almost every weekend, so we know a few places to go.
    Of course... if it wasn't clear from my posted I have no idea what to do. I think it would be awesome to have an expert show me where my 401k is hidding. It also helps to have the right tools and guidance when bringinh kids. My son will have fun if we are at least productive.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast