Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings

Shock cord UQ suspension?

Hey guys viper here!
    Um well basically I know nothing about UQ suspension but I know to run shock cord threw the channels on the sides so the UQ can slide where you want it. So any advise on how I should hang my UQ I'm getting and also what size/strength shock cord should I use? Thanks guys!
    Paragon Fury

Check out my youtube channel if you're interested in gear reviews and other outdor videos! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKkuUy60Y07yuljZNsivIbA

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Are you making the UQ or buying it form a vender? I will assume you are making it because all the venders supply a suspension. Anyhow it is super easy. Either there is a channel on the sides made by the hem or you make a channel with grosgrain. It is just a big loop tied on one end. Start big and then remove length until you get it snug. You can either hook it on the ends of the gathered end, use a mini biner or a set of quilt hooks to attach it. If the quilt is 13 ounces or lighter use 3/32 shock cord and if it is heavier use 1/8th
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Goose bumps
    Suspension
    Bat Feet
    DIY Gear has a layout for an insultex quilt, but the concept stays the same.
    Side channels for movement back and forth, end channels to tighten it up around the ends.
    Love is blind. Marriage is an eye opener.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I have this to share....
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    dream hammock roaming gnome
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Are you making the UQ or buying it form a vender? I will assume you are making it because all the venders supply a suspension. Anyhow it is super easy. Either there is a channel on the sides made by the hem or you make a channel with grosgrain. It is just a big loop tied on one end. Start big and then remove length until you get it snug. You can either hook it on the ends of the gathered end, use a mini biner or a set of quilt hooks to attach it. If the quilt is 13 ounces or lighter use 3/32 shock cord and if it is heavier use 1/8th
    I'm not sure what all is considered a vender or not it's from UQ.com I'm buying a shell. So not really fully made or diy but either way doesn't have suspension. I'm sure it will weigh more then 13oz so where do I buy shock cord that's 1.8?
    Paragon Fury

Check out my youtube channel if you're interested in gear reviews and other outdor videos! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKkuUy60Y07yuljZNsivIbA

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Awesome thank you guys ill do some more checking around on this shock cord and hooks
    Paragon Fury

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    I'm not sure what all is considered a vender or not it's from UQ.com I'm buying a shell. So not really fully made or diy but either way doesn't have suspension. I'm sure it will weigh more then 13oz so where do I buy shock cord that's 1.8?

Dave from underquilts.com will lay it all out for you with exact instructions and a list of exactly what you are gonna need.
    He will send you an email when your shell is shipped ,He really does make it easy for you.
    If you have any questions about anything to do with your shell- email lost_biker and he will take care of you.
    My quilts shipped saturday and he sent me details about everything i needed to know, plus several different options on how to attach it and his opinion on what he thinks is the best way.

All my questions were answered and its not that hard, relax it will be a piece of cake.
    Email him and he might even send you photos of your shell in the making.
    Go to the reviews thread and look at me and my wifes, hers is the black LEWIS and mine is the green one

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Saedy View Post
    Dave from underquilts.com will lay it all out for you with exact instructions and a list of exactly what you are gonna need.
    He will send you an email when your shell is shipped ,He really does make it easy for you.
    If you have any questions about anything to do with your shell- email lost_biker and he will take care of you.
    My quilts shipped saturday and he sent me details about everything i needed to know, plus several different options on how to attach it and his opinion on what he thinks is the best way.

All my questions were answered and its not that hard, relax it will be a piece of cake.
    Email him and he might even send you photos of your shell in the making.
    Go to the reviews thread and look at me and my wifes, hers is the black LEWIS and mine is the green one
    Oh I wasn't sure that lost biker owned that site? Awesome will do thanks!
    Paragon Fury

• + New Posts