Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thexuprising View Post
    More than likely I won't be making this. I had the privledge to hike with MML and SweetBabyD for kast springs prehike and they were great company. I hope you all have a great prehike.
    We gonna miss ya bud!!!!
    MML--The Man, The Myth, and the Legend

"I am the eagle, I live in high country, in rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky;
    I am the hawk and there's blood on my feathers, but time is still turning they soon will be dry;
    All those who see me, and all who believe in me, share in the freedom I feel when I fly.”
    John Denver--1943-1997

Hammock
    1.7 SL WBTraveler
    Tarp
    HG 4-season Cuben
    Insulation
    Burrow and Phoenix
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by R00K View Post
    If you need to carpool for the pre-hike copy and paste this into your post with your name added:

Wednesday Pre-hike Carpool:
    MML, Rook, kayak karl, ferret, sweetbabyd, Two Tents,

Friday Pre-hike Carpool:
    fubba28, perrito, Dylan,
    I'm taking my name out. One of my kids wants to come to the hang, and he can't do that kind of milage.

If you need to carpool for the pre-hike copy and paste this into your post with your name added:

Wednesday Pre-hike Carpool:
    MML, Rook, kayak karl, ferret, sweetbabyd, Two Tents,

Friday Pre-hike Carpool:
    fubba28, perrito
    - Dylan

“You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the 'present.'”
    ― Master Oogway

Hammock
    Hennesy so far
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Exped Down Pad
    Suspension
    JRB's TriGlides
    Images
    Having hiked this section of the A.T. this summer, I want to go on the hike starting on Wednesday. If I go, I too would need to get into a carpool so that I can get back to my car.

Problem is, I am currently on standby for FEMA disaster inspections...and don't know if and/or when I might be deployed. Hummmmmmmmmmmmm?

When the date gets closer, I will be able to confirm.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by WalksInDark View Post
    Having hiked this section of the A.T. this summer, I want to go on the hike starting on Wednesday. If I go, I too would need to get into a carpool so that I can get back to my car.

Problem is, I am currently on standby for FEMA disaster inspections...and don't know if and/or when I might be deployed. Hummmmmmmmmmmmm?

When the date gets closer, I will be able to confirm.
    Think positive. That's what I say.
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    One of Eight
    Tarp
    Cuban Baby !!
    Insulation
    I'm Down
    Suspension
    MYOG, whoopies
    Images

Harpers Ferry Parking

As I have been planning on the pre-hike ... I'm seeing that there is NO overnight parking in HF ... but it is allowed at Gathland ... just wanted to make you aware

I'm thinking of making it a loop.. start at Gathland Wed. ... get to Weaverton Cliffs ... hang around there ... Thurs. hike into HF... check the sites a bit then head back to Ed Garvey shelter and hang around there Thurs. nite. ... Fri hike the 4 miles back to Gathland.. extra gear can be kept in the cars ... no need for a shuttle ... spend a bit more time on the trail ... it's cutting about 22 miles into a 3 day hike...that's 3-4 hour hike days ...

Lemme' know what 'ya think ...
    "The wise man questions others wisdom because he questions his own, the foolish man because it is different from his own." Leo Stein

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I hope it's not true that there is no parking at HF. But if it is true, I think there's gonna be some happy taxi companies around there!

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    As with most trail towns if you ask around and offer a couple of bucks many shop owners will let you park overnight in their lot, some people woulld even let you pack off to the side in their driveways as well. But would certainly call ahead before getting there.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Wolf View Post
    As I have been planning on the pre-hike ... I'm seeing that there is NO overnight parking in HF ... but it is allowed at Gathland ... just wanted to make you aware

I'm thinking of making it a loop.. start at Gathland Wed. ... get to Weaverton Cliffs ... hang around there ... Thurs. hike into HF... check the sites a bit then head back to Ed Garvey shelter and hang around there Thurs. nite. ... Fri hike the 4 miles back to Gathland.. extra gear can be kept in the cars ... no need for a shuttle ... spend a bit more time on the trail ... it's cutting about 22 miles into a 3 day hike...that's 3-4 hour hike days ...

Lemme' know what 'ya think ...
    I'm going to check on the HF parking situation and make a couple of phone calls. I am open to suggestions and I am open to any and all ideas as to how to plan things out with the hike still starting on Wednesday the 12th.
    The loop sounds interesting as suggested by Black Wolf. Just want to get an idea of what Two-Tents and the others think.
    I should be able to locate a few of my Masonic brothers down in Harpers Ferry that I should be able to call to arrange a couple of parking spots, so parking should be a non-issue.
    MML--The Man, The Myth, and the Legend

"I am the eagle, I live in high country, in rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky;
    I am the hawk and there's blood on my feathers, but time is still turning they soon will be dry;
    All those who see me, and all who believe in me, share in the freedom I feel when I fly.”
    John Denver--1943-1997

Hammock
    UL BMBH
    Tarp
    CloudBurst
    Insulation
    Phoenix & Stealth
    Suspension
    Whoopies & DutchTi
    We've parked overnight at HF before - we had to pay ($10-$20 can't remember) and they asked us to give our info to someone who worked for the park (direction hiking, our names, when we would be back, etc.)

Either way - I'm down for anything that let's me spend more than 10 miles on the trail. Although it looks like I've recently developed sciatica and need to see a doctor before I do any big mile days. **** cell phone in my back pocket....
    Support: HammockGear - Zpacks - Jacks R Better - DreamHammock - Dutchware - AHE - Black Rock - Grand Trunk

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by R00K View Post
    Although it looks like I've recently developed sciatica and need to see a doctor before I do any big mile days. **** cell phone in my back pocket....
    Rook, I got sciatica about 15 years ago and doc made me stop carrying the wallet in the back pocket. It cured me right away, but I still reach for the wallet in the back pocket to this day. It's never there . . . .

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast