Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

FS: HH Ultralite Explorer

Hennesssy Hammock Ultralite Explorer. Only use a few times (less than 5). Is in GREAT condition. The bug netting is modified with a zipper to allow top entry. There is a zipper on both sides. The bottom enclosure is still functional. This hammock does NOT come with a tarp. I have to look for the stuff sack...if I cant find it I will make on if the buyer wants. It should have every thing else. It retails on the HH website for $219.95 but that is with the STOCK tarp. I will sell mine for $140.

I will also entertain a trade for a good ultralight backpack that weighs close to or less than 2 lbs and holds 50+ liters. Something like a Jam2 or pinnacle, or ULA Circuit.

Adam
    Last edited by stormcrow; 02-03-2009 at 17:49.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    I think you should save the money and buy a Blackbird. You can always use your ropes for a pack. Of course, you run the risk of playing "Hansel and Gretel" the whole way down the trail without the pack.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

expensive trail of breadcrumbs

Yes I really WANT black bird but I NEED a pack. The ropes-as-a-pack trick is not something I am ready to repeat any time soon. LOL.

I am going to try to make poor knockoff of the BB. If I can come even close i could learn to be happy with it.

Adam

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Sling/Web
    Adam, I don't know whether it interests you or not, but I have a TNF Terra 40 bag that I'd happily give you for the price of shipping. It may not be what your looking for, but it is somewhat light and somewhat spacious, and is better than ropes. Let me know if your interested. I just ordered my last ULA pack and now have the full set, and the Terra won't ever get used again.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

pm sent

Pm sent mtnkngxt.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Sling/Web
    Replied. Yeah just shipping

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    See? Now sell the Hennessy, and buy a Blackbird! I sent you some of that "special fabric" for the lining - I'm sure Brandon would incorporate it into your BB for you if you order from him.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

Special Fabric!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    Hennesssy Hammock Ultralite Explorer. Only use a few times (less than 5). Is in GREAT condition. The bug netting is modified with a zipper to allow top entry. There is a zipper on both sides. The bottom enclosure is still functional. This hammock does NOT come with a tarp. I have to look for the stuff sack...if I cant find it I will make on if the buyer wants. It should have every thing else. It retails on the HH website for $219.95 but that is with the STOCK tarp. I will sell mine for $140.

I will also entertain a trade for a good ultralight backpack that weighs close to or less than 2 lbs and holds 50+ liters. Something like a Jam2 or pinnacle, or ULA Circuit.

Adam
    So, with that zipper option, can the net be moved completely out of the way?

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

Zippers Zippers Zippers

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    So, with that zipper option, can the net be moved completely out of the way?

sigh...well there in lies the whole zipper conundrum...lol. 2questions (the zipper king since his wife is surely the zipper Queen) and I discussed this at the Mt Rogers hang. It would be great to have a completely removable/interchangeable bugnet/overshield thing going on. The problem is finding zippers that long that have all of the parts for making it detachable. They just dont seem to make them that long. I think THAT is the only reason we have not seen that mod offered by 2Questions wife (mod 4 if there was one). Sorry, probably too much info..

Where my zipper mod stands now. I have the zippers installed on both ends but they are not completely finished because I had not decided how I want to finish them. Right now I can either treat it like it is a normal zipper mod and just zip/unzip it where I want and throw the rest over the ridgeline or roll it up out of the way OR I can completely remove it...IF I want to mess with slipping the zipper back on the chain, which is kind of a pain in the butt. I am sorry for this long post, especally if it made no sense. My next move would be to shoot some pics (which I should do anyway since I am trying to sell it).

The buyer can tell me how they want me to finish the zippers. Either leave them how i have them (completely functional...just dont zip/unzip too far or you have to reinstall the zipper) or I can sew a stop in them wherever.

Adam

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast