WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TallWv View Post
    Yours didnt have shock cord the length of the quilt already? Mine had it both length and width
    Then the adjustble suspension seperate from that.

Hope my latest dont come that way :/
    No it didn't.

From what I know of HG recent offerings, a few months ago incubators had a single piece of shock cord that was routed through both side channels and the quilt was free to slide on these channels.

Then there seems to be a short period when the new suspensions had separate shock cords on each end attached with lineloc 3's and a piece of shock cord in each side channel to apply tension as desired. Later (and mine is one of these) the side channel shock cords were dropped. It is my interpretation of these pieces that I added back.

I have no idea what the current version is.

Hammock
    11'ers, playing with wider options
    Tarp
    HG4S, Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG Custom, EE
    Suspension
    Whoops, Dutch
    I very much like the side shock cord. It would be horrible draft if it didnt. Thats a shame yours was like that.

Hammock
    TTTG SB1.9s / DreamHmk
    Tarp
    HG WinterKingdom
    Insulation
    HG M50 Superiority
    Suspension
    MakinWhoopies Bob.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    No it didn't.

From what I know of HG recent offerings, a few months ago incubators had a single piece of shock cord that was routed through both side channels and the quilt was free to slide on these channels.

Then there seems to be a short period when the new suspensions had separate shock cords on each end attached with lineloc 3's and a piece of shock cord in each side channel to apply tension as desired. Later (and mine is one of these) the side channel shock cords were dropped. It is my interpretation of these pieces that I added back.

I have no idea what the current version is.
    Now that's a concise explanation. Thanks! C'mon Adam and Jenny, jump in here!
    -Bill

"...the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog."
    -LTC D. Grossman

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I got mine about three weeks ago. They did not include any side bungee cords. I called Adam about them & he said that he didn't think they were necessary, so they don't put them in anymore.

That's what my posts & photos were about - I added some.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

New old suspension....kind of

Hi Guys,

First, I want to apologize for taking so long to write even this response. I read pretty much every post in the Hammock Gear sub forum and when I see people having issues with things like suspension...well, let's just say it keeps me up at night.

I have a reply coming, but it is kind of long and will probably include photos and maybe even a video (heaven help us). However, since it is kind of important, I am going to make a new thread on it. It has taken me a while to put it together because I want to make sure I word things correctly and it can be tough for me to focus on any ONE thing around here for any real length of time (members that know me are smiling now). The short version of it is that we will be going back to using the old style suspension but...we will NOT be abandoning the the latest ideas.

For those of you that are frustrated with the latest suspension, fear not, we will make things right with you.

~Stormcrow
    Owner/Founder at Hammockgear.com - Hammock Camping Outfitters
    Home of the Burrow, the Incubator, and the Phoenix

Hammock
    11'ers, playing with wider options
    Tarp
    HG4S, Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG Custom, EE
    Suspension
    Whoops, Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I got mine about three weeks ago. They did not include any side bungee cords. I called Adam about them & he said that he didn't think they were necessary, so they don't put them in anymore.

That's what my posts & photos were about - I added some.
    Eek, thats a shame. I dont doubt his science of the underquilt, but for me personally I like that feature and thought thats what I was getting when I ordered My 40°. Hmmm. But then again I havent seen the new new suspension. Seems like the added tension on the sides make a better seal...similar to the original suspension but with more adjustability. I think the "old new " suspension was a hit.
    Last edited by 2Tall; 04-14-2012 at 08:09.

Hammock
    XLC 1.7 Double
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    Hi Guys,

First, I want to apologize for taking so long to write even this response. I read pretty much every post in the Hammock Gear sub forum and when I see people having issues with things like suspension...well, let's just say it keeps me up at night.

I have a reply coming, but it is kind of long and will probably include photos and maybe even a video (heaven help us). However, since it is kind of important, I am going to make a new thread on it. It has taken me a while to put it together because I want to make sure I word things correctly and it can be tough for me to focus on any ONE thing around here for any real length of time (members that know me are smiling now). The short version of it is that we will be going back to using the old style suspension but...we will NOT be abandoning the the latest ideas.

For those of you that are frustrated with the latest suspension, fear not, we will make things right with you.

~Stormcrow
    For a guy new to hammocking and a new Incubator I am really looking forward to this new post and the video! Thanks Adam!
    David
    All my morning aches and pains went away when I discovered hammock camping!

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    (members that know me are smiling now).
    ~Stormcrow
    Grinning from ear to ear , But it is your constant innovation and creativity that keeps us warm and cozy at night in our hammock so thank you sir, thank you. Cant wait to see what you got up your sleeve this time.
    LRR
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    1/4" Volara
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Happy to hear this is to be corrected. I received a few weeks ago one of the new 20* Phoenixes. I've spent several nights in the back yard to make sure I had everything down and confess that I got cold often because the sides were drooping. I tried all kinds of fixes. Just finished making the mod and I'm hoping that will take care of things for me.

Hammock
    XLC 1.7 Double
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Hi Guys,

~Stormcrow
    Thanks Adam, I am really looking forward to this!
    David
    All my morning aches and pains went away when I discovered hammock camping!

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast