ENO, HH ULB, WBBB, GT
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    AHELR,Agnes,WInCub
    Suspension
    Cinch,Tglides,Whoo

Photos of My Indoor Office Hang

Okay, here's my home setup, and I use it every evening for reading. I usually fall asleep in it and then wake up at 2:00AM with magazine ink on my face and my spine twisted like a bonsai, and then I slink on back to my real bed. This is my office room, or as my wife calls it, my junk room.

The swag is as follows:

ENO pink and khaki hammock. Yes, I'm man enough to use one.

Byer of Maine Vario stand. The suspension is JRB tree straps, and some old biners I had (advantage: hanging at home, weight of gear no issue. Plus you need not dig a "cat hole" when you wanna poo. But, I digress).

Ridge Line: Whoopieslings.com--smokebait made me this sweet ridgeline specifically for my Vario. Notice that I am using the Just Jeff and Stoikurt method for attaching the ridgeline—the Byer of Maine Vario hammock stand flexes inward when you sit on it (this movement is part of the structural/mechanical design for weightbearing, not a deficiency of the product) and the ridgeline would be loose were it not for their fabulous idea of hanging a weight off one end. The weight is my Pelican case with binos, and dry bag with my GT Nano and Tri-glide straps in it. For a tad more weight, I may hang a cowbell tomorrow. Plus, I can yank the ridgeline and jangle the bell a couple times if I need someone to bring me a Twinkie or a pee bottle or something.

Arrowhead Equipment Lost River Camo UQ, but notice that I am not using it as an underquilt, but rather as a blanket/topquilt. I have the end microcarabiners on shock cord (stock as from Pgibson) going up and clipped to my ridgeline. This keeps it in perfect place, it doesn't fall out of the hammock when I get in and out, and when I get hot, I just push it away and it slides on the ridgeline. How neat is that! In addition, it gives me something to pull down on so that the ridgeline—moveable because of the weighted rather than fixed end—can come down to me in the hammock. I have a 2qzq ridge organizer (the gray one) on the line—so, if I have nutty bars or my cell phone in there and I cannot reach it when in the hammock, I just pull down on the AHE shock cords and the ridgeline and organizer come to me! Plus the camo Lost River on the pink ENO is interesting, like Rambo atop Lady Gaga.

On the floor there I have a gray 2QZQ underquilt, and will use it under the hammock with my Jacks R Better thin foam pad for a slight degree of warmth should it be needed in winter. Off to the wall side, I have a lamp with a small ledge table on it for my Kindle.

Now if I can fire up my Trangia stove and get a "rolling boil" for cocoa, like Shug and babelfish5, without burning the house down, I'm ready to turn off the furnace and vegitate all winter long.

Anyone wanna camp in my mancave? Just bring a sixer of Mich Ultra and you're in.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by coolkayaker1; 09-11-2010 at 00:43.

Hammock
    not quite eno..
    Tarp
    10x12 DIY
    Insulation
    insultex+momentum
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    it is truly Nifty!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Treestrap
    Sweet set up! Unfortunately my other half will not let me bring my toys in the house.
    Terry

Hammock
    ENO, HH ULB, WBBB, GT
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    AHELR,Agnes,WInCub
    Suspension
    Cinch,Tglides,Whoo

My Set Up With 2QZQ UQ Liner and JRB Foam

Dim reading light, makes me yawn just looking at it.

The shockcord and microbiners are from the AHE UQ used as top quilt, not the 2QzQ gray liner--the liner is attached to the hammock ends by supplied shock cord. You cannot see the thin foam JRB pad between it and the hammock, but it's there.

The indoor hang, fully tricked out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by coolkayaker1; 09-11-2010 at 00:12.

Hammock
    DIY , HHASYM
    Tarp
    DIY, HH hex
    Insulation
    DIY CLMSHLD, POD
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Nice!! I did something similar in my 1/2 finished basement, instead of a hammock stand I drilled 1/2" holes directly through the studs and tied a stopper knot in a rope and ran it through the hole with a bowline on the end replicating tree huggers. I'm 225 @ 5'10" it holds me and my 11 yr. Old daughter no problem. Only problem is when I turn off my MSR whisper lite my wife yells about the smell. (And says I'm retarded )

Hammock
    ENO, HH ULB, WBBB, GT
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    AHELR,Agnes,WInCub
    Suspension
    Cinch,Tglides,Whoo

lattie--I hear ya.

My wife yells about my smell and says I'm retarded, too.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    + 1 on finding the pink/camo combo interesting!

I actually thought "Rambo meets Mary Poppins" before even reading your description...... I was gonna write something really funny, but after reading your text, I saw that you've already beaten me to it and told a Rambo joke
    I guess that great minds think alike!

Cool indoor setup and respect for being man enough to hang in pink

/Wild
    Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished...

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    "my spine twisted like a bonsai, and then I slink on back to my real bed."

Please explain? My back is just the opposite. If I do sleep in a bed the back is killing.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    Custom Darien 11'
    Tarp
    HG Cuben & Sil SF
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie&Dutch bkls

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by coolkayaker1 View Post
    Okay, here's my home setup, and I use it every evening for reading. I usually fall asleep in it and then wake up at 2:00AM with magazine ink on my face and my spine twisted like a bonsai, and then I slink on back to my real bed. This is my office room, or as my wife calls it, my junk room.

The swag is as follows:

ENO pink and khaki hammock. Yes, I'm man enough to use one.

Byer of Maine Vario stand. The suspension is JRB tree straps, and some old biners I had (advantage: hanging at home, weight of gear no issue. Plus you need not dig a "cat hole" when you wanna poo. But, I digress).

Ridge Line: Whoopieslings.com--smokebait made me this sweet ridgeline specifically for my Vario. Notice that I am using the Just Jeff and Stoikurt method for attaching the ridgeline—the Byer of Maine Vario hammock stand flexes inward when you sit on it (this movement is part of the structural/mechanical design for weightbearing, not a deficiency of the product) and the ridgeline would be loose were it not for their fabulous idea of hanging a weight off one end. The weight is my Pelican case with binos, and dry bag with my GT Nano and Tri-glide straps in it. For a tad more weight, I may hang a cowbell tomorrow. Plus, I can yank the ridgeline and jangle the bell a couple times if I need someone to bring me a Twinkie or a pee bottle or something.

Arrowhead Equipment Lost River Camo UQ, but notice that I am not using it as an underquilt, but rather as a blanket/topquilt. I have the end microcarabiners on shock cord (stock as from Pgibson) going up and clipped to my ridgeline. This keeps it in perfect place, it doesn't fall out of the hammock when I get in and out, and when I get hot, I just push it away and it slides on the ridgeline. How neat is that! In addition, it gives me something to pull down on so that the ridgeline—moveable because of the weighted rather than fixed end—can come down to me in the hammock. I have a 2qzq ridge organizer (the gray one) on the line—so, if I have nutty bars or my cell phone in there and I cannot reach it when in the hammock, I just pull down on the AHE shock cords and the ridgeline and organizer come to me! Plus the camo Lost River on the pink ENO is interesting, like Rambo atop Lady Gaga.

On the floor there I have a gray 2QZQ underquilt, and will use it under the hammock with my Jacks R Better thin foam pad for a slight degree of warmth should it be needed in winter. Off to the wall side, I have a lamp with a small ledge table on it for my Kindle.

Now if I can fire up my Trangia stove and get a "rolling boil" for cocoa, like Shug and babelfish5, without burning the house down, I'm ready to turn off the furnace and vegitate all winter long.

Anyone wanna camp in my mancave? Just bring a sixer of Mich Ultra and you're in.
    Awesome setup. If you were closer I'd be over with a couple cases of Mich Ultra

I was wondering if you could answer a question for me. I purchased a stand from JC Penny that isn't adjustable enough for my WBBB. It's this model: http://tinyurl.com/3a9aoh5. Can you confirm that the stand you have is wide and high enough to work with your WBBB with the stock suspension? Do you have any pics of the BB hung on this stand?

Thanks in advance. I was looking at this stand and was trying not to waste more money.
    --
    John

Hammock
    ENO, HH ULB, WBBB, GT
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    AHELR,Agnes,WInCub
    Suspension
    Cinch,Tglides,Whoo
    Thanks everyone for the replies to my Mary Poppins hammock setup—I like that, Wild.

Garg, I don’t know why, but my back does hurt after sleeping in a hammock, both here and outside. I swear, if I laid any more diagonal, I’d fall out of the hammock. And when you see these photos in the Vario stand without anyone in the hammock, it looks more horizontal than it really is, since the uprights flex in. I am still experimenting.

R31@x--Berkshires, man! I’m from Athol/Orange area originally. Camp on the Mohawk trail and post photos. I see and thought about the Castaway stand before I bought the Vario, but I think the construction of the Vario is better, and only $150 incl. shipping and no tax from Amazon. And hey, you gotta support a Maine company now, huh, Byer of Maine.

Did you read this thread yet for background? http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=20848

WBBB, guess what, I don’t have it yet (even though listed on my sidebar). I ordered it 2.5 weeks ago from Brandon, and should be here soon. When I have it, I will update this thread, including photographs of it in the stand. From what others state in the thread above, the WBBB does work in it. It’s a great stand for testing gear, as you see.

Others, on the other thread, indicate that the WBBB works on it just fine.
    Last edited by coolkayaker1; 09-11-2010 at 07:46.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast