Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images

SOLD: Hennessy Exployer Deluxe Asym

SOLD.......PRICE BUMPED DOWN TO $140.00 SHIPPED. This Hh Comes With The Stock Tarp And The Oversize Hh Tarp And SNake Skins For $150.00 Shipped To The Cont Us,
    Or
    If Someone Wants To Take Only The Tarp The Tarp Will Go For 40.00. That Leaves The Hh Exployer Deluxe To Go For 110.00.
    Thanks, Mule
    Last edited by Mule; 12-04-2007 at 23:04. Reason: PRICE REDUCTION
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Why are you selling all of your stuff?
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Just Jeff, I am buying some too. I had a plan to get ready for my boys to go with me this winter and beyond, so I really would like to have two or three setups, but as I buy some of it I realize that as usual I should have bought something else. For instance, my second night in the HH taught me that I didn't want to use the bottom access. I wanted a top loader, so I bought an eagles nest and am pretty happy with it. Then since I sold the HH backpacker, I began shopping for something else. The Claytor appeared out of Neo's posts. I love that hammock. I had a tent and a sleeping bag up for sale and ended up trading for the HH Explorer Deluxe, but I really didn't want it for myself, I was just going to loan it to one of the boys. One of my boys has an eagles nest or something like it, so I don't really need another one. Then there is the JRB underquilt. It worked really fine this weekend but if I could sell it I may and buy a Speer Snugfit. I know it looks like I am getting rid of stuff, but I am actually buying some things I really want. Long answer to a short question, but there it is. Mule

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Haha - if you're like the rest of us, you'll never quit tinkering with your system!
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Haha - if you're like the rest of us, you'll never quit tinkering with your system!
    Yeah, but unlike us he isn't just keeping everything in his closet. If he doesn't need it, he gets rid of it. Some of us here keep it all and call it our "gear collection."

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
    Yeah, but unlike us he isn't just keeping everything in his closet. If he doesn't need it, he gets rid of it. Some of us here keep it all and call it our "gear collection."
    Yeh, I think the gear is half the fun, especially the way many of you make all that beautiful stuff. I actually have the stuff to make a sock and some skins for my Eagle's Nest and my Claytor jungle. I have so much to learn. You should have seen all the rope I took out there Friday to hang my hammock. I took about three times what I really needed. But I am learning. I put the buckles on the Jungle before I went and they are nice. I replaced the webbing on it too; it was nylon. I had a blast out there. I will write a little something about my experience with the Claytor, the Winter Tarp and the Claytor tarp. It got down to the low twenties. Quite a bit of ice in my water bottles this morning. Mule

Images
    Making and modifying yor gear makes it personal, and gives you more pride in using it. Speaking of hammock socks, I just finished mine today. DWR sides with a 1 foot wide untreated vent on top for condensation. I think it will be one of my most valuable cold weather pieces.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Cerberus, Have you any plans to share? I think I am going to make mine out of untreated stuff. Just got back from the Hoosier National Forest and I had quite a bit of condensation last night and I didn't even have anything on me but the quilt and under me was the Nest. Mule

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skskinner View Post
    Cerberus, Have you any plans to share? I think I am going to make mine out of untreated stuff. Just got back from the Hoosier National Forest and I had quite a bit of condensation last night and I didn't even have anything on me but the quilt and under me was the Nest. Mule
    Not really any plans. I made a test sock by sewing two peices together lengthwise and draped it over my ridgeline. Then I used clothes pins to make the curve of the sock and where I thought the bottom should be sewn up. Then I got in the hammock and tried to pull the sock over me. If a clothes pin popped off then I needed to adjust where the seam would be. When I was satisifed I sewed it and tried it again. When it worked I sewed the real thing out of treated, with the untreated insert. Really hard to explain over the internet. If you don't have one made by Neo's campout I will show you a lot easier. Unfortunately you may need it by then.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Is it cylindrical or banana shaped after sewing?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast