Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveler XL
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Just curious, why hasn't anyone suggested the mambajamba? Is it not a good tarp?
    Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday...there is no someday.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ky chris View Post
    Just curious, why hasn't anyone suggested the mambajamba? Is it not a good tarp?
    That tarp is new enough that not many on the forum have one (if anyone). People tend to recommend what they actually have experience with.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    That tarp is new enough that not many on the forum have one (if anyone). People tend to recommend what they actually have experience with.
    very true...if I ask for advice, I want it first hand, not what somebody read on a forum or some "experts" review.
    That being said, based on the quality of all the WB items, I'm sure the new tarp is great also
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by animalcontrol View Post
    very true...if I ask for advice, I want it first hand, not what somebody read on a forum or some "experts" review.
    That being said, based on the quality of all the WB items, I'm sure the new tarp is great also
    Agreed. I haven't even played with a MJ yet. However, they are (as I understand them) just a SuperFly minus the doors. No reason that it shouldn't perform the same as the SuperFly when set with the doors rolled back. If that is in fact the case, it is an excellent tarp for those that want lots of room under cover.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    I have the MJ, and like it a lot. It's comparable to a MacCat deluxe, although I believe it's a touch wider. It's a good tarp, easy to pull taught, and has all the high quality construction you'd expect from Brandon. You can't go wrong with the MJ, IMO.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustardman View Post
    I have the MJ, and like it a lot. It's comparable to a MacCat deluxe, although I believe it's a touch wider. It's a good tarp, easy to pull taught, and has all the high quality construction you'd expect from Brandon. You can't go wrong with the MJ, IMO.
    We nominate you for a full review (with pics!)
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I second the nomination.
    Trust nobody!

Images
    While looking into tarps the other day, I noticed the WB Suberfly is $225 While the Mamajamba is a much more reasonable $110, I would be interested to know why the Superfly is so expensive.

Hammock
    DIY Speer type,double 1.7blackbird
    Tarp
    Speer winter tarp
    Insulation
    winter pheonix
    Suspension
    webbing
    Probably Due To It's Design With The Doors. Brandon Is Pretty Ingenius With The Stuff He Creates. Though I Do Not Own The Superfly Or Mabajamaba, When Looking At The Photos It Appears One Door Over Laps The Other. Which I Haven't Noticed In Photos Of Similar Tarps. I Own The Speers Winter Tarp Which Is Great, But Looking At The Two I Might Get More Of A Draft Where The Doors Meet With Mine Than Brandens Superfly.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalin View Post
    While looking into tarps the other day, I noticed the WB Suberfly is $225 While the Mamajamba is a much more reasonable $110, I would be interested to know why the Superfly is so expensive.
    the mj is a pretty simple tarp, 2 pieces of fabric and 6 pull tabs, while the superfly has 4 doors added, those doors all have pull tabs, then there's the panel pulls on the body, there's 4 of those, each having 2 pieces each(inside and outside pieces) then there's the 4 door tie-back tabs which each have 2 parts.

basically it's more fabric and alot more sewing time.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast