Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I don't have access to bamboo, but I do have access to 6' wooden poles from Lowe's. What diameter do you think these would need to be to hold my weight? Oh, and I'm about 150 and my brother (who is also making one) is about 180.

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    OES deluxe
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    I just made mine yesterday with 2 x 2s. They seem to be what others were using, so I did also. I cut a ft off of them to make them easier to store in my garage, so they are 7 ft long. If I were move them into my house, this would help also. Somewhere, I saw a square end protector for unistrut that would seem to fit a 2 x 2 for floor protection.

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Anyone try this set up with the tripods moved toward the center to decrease the foot print size? Need to make it fit into an 11' room.
    Quote Originally Posted by esteel View Post
    Either i have my Tripods quite wide or we have different ideas of small amount of space. In my case i think i bipods would use around 1,3m (51inches) less space and would be the difference between the stand taking up the whole length of the room or allowing me to still be able to easily open the windows in that room
    Well i'm quite sure i'll give a bipod version a try next week or so. The tripod stand however rocks for being stable and super easy to create/put-up.
    Not sure if its much help to you.. but i changed my 'TurtleLady Stand' into this (see attachments).
    It now takes up a lot less space and its very very stable. Took just a few minutes to drill the holes for the screws. Four screws that hold the 'legs' plus one that holds the ridgebar on each side..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Another neat variation on the TurtleLady stand! I tried something similar for the Granddaughters but my wife refused to allow them to use them after she watched my test hang. Are the bipods angled slightly toward the center? That was the problem with mine, with the legs more vertical it tended to wobble. I see a bolt in the outside upper cross piece. Is that to hold the toprail bar in place? Probably saves at least 3' on the footprint length over the TurtleDog.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Double
    Tarp
    DIY GrayCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/0* bag
    Suspension
    Cinchbuckle&hugger
    Excellent mod esteel! How well does it come apart if you didn't want to keep it out all the time? If I made one like that I would cut off the small 2x2's where they stuck out over the legs. Just for aesthetics sake. Great job!

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    OES deluxe
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Flashbang- That overhang is where the hammock is hung from. while they might be shortened some, a flush cut would not be productive.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Double
    Tarp
    DIY GrayCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/0* bag
    Suspension
    Cinchbuckle&hugger
    I understand the need for the ridgepole to stick out; I was talking about the horizontal pieces attached to the legs. They extend out over the "triangle" and could be flush cut. Please correct me if I'm not understanding the design.

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    OES deluxe
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Ooops. I missed where you said the small 2 x 2s. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post
    Another neat variation on the TurtleLady stand! I tried something similar for the Granddaughters but my wife refused to allow them to use them after she watched my test hang. Are the bipods angled slightly toward the center? That was the problem with mine, with the legs more vertical it tended to wobble. I see a bolt in the outside upper cross piece. Is that to hold the toprail bar in place? Probably saves at least 3' on the footprint length over the TurtleDog.
    The bipods are at a perfect right angle. I'll attach some close up shots and you'll see the crossbars are quite snug with the ridgebar. That, the screw top-down and all the bars being square (3,5x3,5cm) prevent wobbling quite well. Its just that i had a lazy day and the fit is not as perfect as it could be, so there is very very slight wobble when i lay in the hammock and adjust my position in it. Its wobbling maybe 1-2cm but thats ok with ME.. It should be much better if i had two screws top-down on each side and had made it a much tighter fit.

Quote Originally Posted by flashbang009 View Post
    Excellent mod esteel! How well does it come apart if you didn't want to keep it out all the time? If I made one like that I would cut off the small 2x2's where they stuck out over the legs. Just for aesthetics sake. Great job!
    It takes a screw wrench to loosen the nuts but other then that.. just pull out all the screws and its disassembled
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    XLC
    Tarp
    WB
    Insulation
    wookie
    Suspension
    whoopies
    For those bigger guys looking to build this stand you may want to take a quick look at this link. This link is added as per TurtleLady's request.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=52866

• + New Posts
  • Page 59 of 85 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast