Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm really disappointed in GoLite's price hikes. I've been waiting several months for their new 3-season quilts to arrive. And the price on their web site has been listed at $150 for all those months, with the note, "Temporarily out of stock." Then, when the quilts are finally available, the price goes up over 30% to $200. And it seems like most everything went up $50, since I was also eyeing the 3-season bag at $200. It's now $250.

I think it would have more ethical to list what the items would cost while we were waiting for them to become available.

Jim

Hammock
    HHEA, HHEUL, HHSD, GTUL
    Tarp
    DIY KindaLite 1.1
    Insulation
    TQ, DIY Fusion UQ
    Suspension
    W-Slings, Trunks
    Quote Originally Posted by siskiyousummit View Post
    I'm really disappointed in GoLite's price hikes. I've been waiting several months for their new 3-season quilts to arrive. And the price on their web site has been listed at $150 for all those months, with the note, "Temporarily out of stock." Then, when the quilts are finally available, the price goes up over 30% to $200. And it seems like most everything went up $50, since I was also eyeing the 3-season bag at $200. It's now $250.

I think it would have more ethical to list what the items would cost while we were waiting for them to become available.

Jim
    Can't say I agree. They had a sale on their available/allotted stock. The sale ended at the end of August, they replenished their stock, and prices went back to normal. Can't really call that a price "hike" as I don't think the prices are any higher now than before the sale.

Hammock
    WB Trav
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    If you had contacted customer service they stated that the sale price would still be in effect when stock was replenished on 08/01/12 and they didn't honor that. You can call it whatever you want; staying competitive, ending the "sale", whatever. They led people to believe something that was not true.

Hammock
    HHEA, HHEUL, HHSD, GTUL
    Tarp
    DIY KindaLite 1.1
    Insulation
    TQ, DIY Fusion UQ
    Suspension
    W-Slings, Trunks
    Quote Originally Posted by brownham View Post
    If you had contacted customer service they stated that the sale price would still be in effect when stock was replenished on 08/01/12 and they didn't honor that. You can call it whatever you want; staying competitive, ending the "sale", whatever. They led people to believe something that was not true.
    Interesting, I called in early July and was told the sale ended in August and prices would return to normal at that point. YMMV, apparently.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock UQ
    Suspension
    webbing-whoopies
    GoLite lists their TQs with a "suggested retail" price and a "sale price." When the quilts were listed as out of stock, the suggested retail was $300 and the sale price was $150 (rounded off). Now that they're in stock, suggested retail is $400 and "sale price" is $200.

So they're still technically half price ... just a third more expensive than they were.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123