Hammock
    DH Darien/DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    JrB, HG, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Bumping my thread for any last minute advice or places must see.

We are going to Yellowstone for just two days then four days in Glacier. Hoping we find good campsites with very nice trees in Glacier. We are staying with friends in Wyoming so I hope he has nice trees in his yard.

I'll try to be better at taking pic and maybe try to put together a trip report.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO ProFly
    Insulation
    DIY underquilt
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps
    I'm working in Grant Village, Yellowstone until August 12 so I could give you some pointers for that area of the park for sure. Also, stop in Bozeman and eat a place on Main St called The Roost if you're in the area. I would definitely recommend checking out the canyon area of the park and driving around Roosevelt and Lamar Valley. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go." -John Muir

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    UCQ Hanger
    Insulation
    Renegade/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    A little late but I hope you didn't miss the Beartooth Highway from Red Lodge to the Cooke City entrance to the Park.

Funny that the Gorge mentioned the Roost. I just ate there on Tuesday.
    ‟I’m in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana it is love.″ – John Steinbeck

Hammock
    DH Darien/DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    JrB, HG, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Davigilante View Post
    A little late but I hope you didn't miss the Beartooth Highway from Red Lodge to the Cooke City entrance to the Park.

Funny that the Gorge mentioned the Roost. I just ate there on Tuesday.
    Didn't drive it this trip, but I have been on it before years ago.

The trip was better than expected. Didn't get as much hang time in due to getting to campsites to late for a site. But great time. I'll work on getting some pics up next week.

Spent more time in Glacier Park than Yellowstone. Got some great hikes in and the campsites we stayed at were very easy to hammock(Many Glacier, Two Medicine, and one in Waterton that I can't remember the name now.) One campsite we stayed in no hammocking allowed. It was in the John D Rockefeller Parkway between Yellowstone and Tetons. We ended up getting a cabin for $50 so no big deal there.

Iceberg Lake and Ptarmigan tunnel were better than any pictures can depict. We didn't do any backcountry camping, but we were running out of time between four national parks and spending time with some old friends in Cody, Wy and Anaconda, MT. Back country camping is on the radar for next trip.

This is at Ptarmigan Tunnel.
    IMG_2400.jpg

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    UCQ Hanger
    Insulation
    Renegade/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodust View Post
    Back country camping is on the radar for next trip.
    Sounds like a busy trip with lots of driving! (Of course, in our state, driving is inevitable.)

Always good to hear people mention a "next trip" after a trip to Montana. I'm glad you had a good time. And I'll blame Wyoming for the "no hammocking" sign.

Eventually, people will become enlightened. But there are definitely parts of Glacier and Yellowstone I wouldn't want to hang in. Most of those areas require hard sides anyway. I consider grizzlies my spirit animal, but I wouldn't want to be a burrito for one.
    ‟I’m in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana it is love.″ – John Steinbeck

Hammock
    DH Darien/DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    JrB, HG, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Davigilante View Post
    Sounds like a busy trip with lots of driving! (Of course, in our state, driving is inevitable.)

Always good to hear people mention a "next trip" after a trip to Montana. I'm glad you had a good time. .
    Yes extremely busy trip. But we wanted the kids to see as much as possible. Olive Montana. Wish I still lived there.

Bad thing was I didn't do any backpacking or camping when living there. Now I regret that, but wasn't I to it then.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123