Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Hooch that is the best explanation ever very simple and now I totally understand the concept of the sling (thx for the picture good visual)....thank you very much.....
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & Te-Wa UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    When I asked Paul if the knife comes with the slings, he said no, but he might be willing to add some blades to his inventory. Today I received my dark stealth whoopie slings. There is large writing on the envelope, "NO KNIFE." I guess he just wanted to make sure that I understood.
    The slings look great. I can't wait to get them on my BB. Thanks Paul!
    "Well, you might be lazy, but if we were not all about comfort here this would be a tent forum!" - - Roadtorque

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB and Warbonnet Traveler
    Tarp
    MacCat Custom Spin
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ/Nunatak TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    The Gunmetal Black color intrigued me, too, so I ordered a set from Paul. Got them today, and yes, they look as good or better than the photo. They sure seem hefty next to the couple of 7/64" sets I have. Weight comparison (both are 6')... 2.2oz vs 1.4oz for the 7/64". I'm thinking that the Gunmetal Black will go on my BlackBird, and the gray 7/64 will stay on my Traveler.
    I my Warbonnet

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Hey Guys glad they are getting to you already. And glad you like them. Let me know if I can do anything else to help.

Paul
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Warbonnet B-bird
    Tarp
    WB MJ /SWT
    Insulation
    Yeti, leg pad/pack
    Suspension
    Whoooooooopie
    Images
    Hi Paul,
    I finally got to try the BBO and whoopie slings on my BB! Both are well made, and I appreciate you working with me on the slings. Thanks!
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." Gen. George S. Patton

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Hi Paul,
    I finally got to try the BBO and whoopie slings on my BB! Both are well made, and I appreciate you working with me on the slings. Thanks!
    You bet, let me know if I can help with any thing else.
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Anyone who knows me knows my affinity for the colors olive and orange. I just ordered some orange Amsteel from Paul and can't wait to make Whoopie Slings with it for my BlackBird!
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Anyone who knows me knows my affinity for the colors olive and orange. I just ordered some orange Amsteel from Paul and can't wait to make Whoopie Slings with it for my BlackBird!
    Yes in deed that orange is a cool color, but I like them all so I am stocking every color that they have available and am in talks to have some more stealthy colors made for AHE. I am also going to pick up 7/64th' soon to offer by the foot along with the 1/8th that we have been carrying.

I have had a couple questions why I don't offer whoopies in 7/64th' and basicaly for me it comes down to yes the 7/64th' is plenty strong, but if one of my slings were to drop somebody not only would they be sore they would be sore at me. So I know the 1/8th is totally over kill on the spec side of the fence but on the I don't want any body dropped side I choose to error on the side of a large safety margin.

O and I just received the order shipping info on my light weight mini carabiners! They will be in stock on Tuesday, so I will add them to the store tonight.

Yes that is 1" webbing! They come in green and brown and will be sold as a pair.

They weigh just 23 grams each are stronger than the camp nano biner and at least as small.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    I have had a couple questions why I don't offer whoopies in 7/64th' and basicaly for me it comes down to yes the 7/64th' is plenty strong, but if one of my slings were to drop somebody not only would they be sore they would be sore at me. So I know the 1/8th is totally over kill on the spec side of the fence but on the I don't want any body dropped side I choose to error on the side of a large safety margin.
    When I first placed an order to Amsteel I was thinking the same thing. My first order was for some 1/8.

Then, once I started making them, I figured it only prudent to put them to a good test, the 7/64 that is.

I loaded up my double nest almost to rated capacity with me and both my kids using a set of 7/64 with the dead eye built into the ENO channel and no issues. I thought for sure I was going to end up on the ground, but didnt. Actually bent one of the poles I use in the yard for stringing my hammock up.

Your store looks great. Youve dont a good job on it. You must not sleep.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    When I first placed an order to Amsteel I was thinking the same thing. My first order was for some 1/8.

Then, once I started making them, I figured it only prudent to put them to a good test, the 7/64 that is.

I loaded up my double nest almost to rated capacity with me and both my kids using a set of 7/64 with the dead eye built into the ENO channel and no issues. I thought for sure I was going to end up on the ground, but didnt. Actually bent one of the poles I use in the yard for stringing my hammock up.

Your store looks great. Youve dont a good job on it. You must not sleep.
    Sleep what that? ay?

I started rock climbing when I was 12, started caving at 18, done a lot of very technical vertical caves, climbed some harry stuff. In climbing and caving we have a term that has made it's way into other things, and ways of talking about gear. BOMB PROOF basically when it comes to those activities your gear has to be bomb proof, your life and the life of your climbing/caving partners depend on the gear not failing. There is no room for error, no room for mistake, no room for failure. It needs to be so good that no matter what goes wrong it will not fail, or you die, period. I have been in caves where we depend on a single rope, a single set of anchors to be bomb proof or we don't come back out of that cave.

Now of corse hanging in you hammock 2 foot off the ground is nothing like that, but for me, being liable to my customers for them breaking a tail bone and having to hike out with it, I look at my gear the same way, it has to be bomb proof. I am not putting into question the strength of the 7/64th amsteel. I am looking at how I want my product to preform over it's usable life span. I have to know that no mater how a person uses the product it will preform as advertised no matter what. I know that the 1/8 inch will hold up a VW bug. I know that if need be someone could tow a truck down the freeway at 80 MPH with my slings (not recommended!) I have nothing against the 7/64th material at all, and Opie I hope you do not take my general response to questions on my choices as anything directed at you or your slings, as they were not, I am just explaining my position on my gear making philosophy. Truth be told I am very happy that you are offering custom options to folks, I just do not have the time to do it, I need some sleep somedays You have had a couple ideas that I have not had the time to execute and bring to my store, the key chains look cool, I was just going to dead eye both ends but the mini whoopie is very cool.

Paul aka Caveyeti

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast