Tarp
    Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    Thermarest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Dutchware Continuous Ridgeline?

Hey everybody.

I had a quick question about using a few pieces of dutch in order to hang my HH Hex Tarp thats on its way to my doorstep! I'm new to this so I just wanted to clarify if I am going about it the right way.

I planned on using about 30 feet of Zing-it for the ridge line. I was then going to attach a dutch ware hook on one end of the line and a tarp flyz on the other. Then I planned on wrapping the end with the hook around the tree and then onto the line and on the opposite side use the tarp flyz to pull the line tight and lock it in place. The line would then have loops attached via a prussic knot with small S-biners clipped to them to attach the tarp over or under the ridge line and then adjust for proper tightness and center. Does this sound remotely correct or am I going the complete wrong way with this? Any help you can give this rookie would be much appreciated!

Cazador

(I wasn't sure if this would be the correct place for this thread so feel free to move it)

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy or DIY
    Tarp
    DIY hex or winter
    Insulation
    WL 3/4 UQ, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks (IGD)
    Images
    "Mountains should be climbed with as little effort as possible and without desire. ... To live only for some future goal is shallow. It’s the sides of the mountain that sustain life, not the top. Here's where things grow." - Robert M. Pirsig

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PaCampingDad

Hammock
    WB, JRB, WL
    Tarp
    bigger is better;)
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, UGQ, WL
    Suspension
    If it aint Dutch..
    Images
    You nailed it!

I have the same setup on one tarp but had to extend the length about 6 feet once. Maybe consider 35'?
    - Loki my videos
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
    Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
    The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy,
    while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn." — John Muir

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I have the same setup. I had the same issue as Loki and came up short a few times with the 30 ft. length. I now use 35 ft. and haven't had a problem since.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images

Dutchware Continuous Ridgeline?

That's my setup also since Dehoja posted his video.
    I started with 37' for the ridgeline. That will go around two 18" diameter trees with 20' clear space between them and accommodate my 11' tarp length.

I really like this system and I tried several previously. I also found that I prefer running the continuous line under the tarp, after trying both ways.

I'm using 1.2mm Tech Line from http://www.backwoodsdaydreamer.com/p...age/cord-line/
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    HH Expedition Zip
    Tarp
    Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    Thermarest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Awesome guys, thanks for clearing that up. Glad to know I wasn't off the mark on it. With so many ways to do it one can easily get a bit confused!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    AHE 3S New River
    Suspension
    Adj. webbing
    I ordered the Continuous Ridgeline setup from Dutch. It has a Dutch clip spliced on one end and the 2 TATO Tarp Connectors and then a Wasp. I set it up in my kitchen as a test so I'm not fooling around in the woods trying to figure it out.

My understanding is that you want you want the rope in triangles at each end of the ridgeline so that your hammock suspension can sway in between when the hammock moves without messing up your ridgeline.

My problem in my test was that the Dutch hook slipped so that it was tight to the attachment point. Is that supposed to happen?

Hammock
    DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by ADKGuy View Post
    I ordered the Continuous Ridgeline setup from Dutch. It has a Dutch clip spliced on one end and the 2 TATO Tarp Connectors and then a Wasp. I set it up in my kitchen as a test so I'm not fooling around in the woods trying to figure it out.

My understanding is that you want you want the rope in triangles at each end of the ridgeline so that your hammock suspension can sway in between when the hammock moves without messing up your ridgeline.

My problem in my test was that the Dutch hook slipped so that it was tight to the attachment point. Is that supposed to happen?
    Shouldn't the hook secure the Zingit around the tree?
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    AHE 3S New River
    Suspension
    Adj. webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRpilot View Post
    Shouldn't the hook secure the Zingit around the tree?
    Yes, that's what it does. I'm not good at explaining. Triangle wasn't the right word, you want "V" at the end of the tarp ridge line. There wasn't really instructions on how to set the ridgeline up but rather a couple of cards that explained the individual pieces, thats what confused me.

If you take the Lashit and wrap it around the try and then hook the Dutch hook over it when you go to the other end to adjust the Wasp, the Dutch hook tightens up on the tree eliminating the desired "V". I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or if thats how its intended.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ADKGuy View Post

Yeah, it's supposed to happen with this suspension. If you wanna do the triangle thingie then you'll need to do Stingerz or some other suspension. I consider the triangle thing to be just a gimmick - solves a problem I don't have. What's it supposed to do? Keep my hammock suspension from rubbing against my tarp suspension? Sorry, but that doesn't register on my list of things to worry about.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast