Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

Introducing "ARGON" fabric

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to post this thread about the new fabric Hammock Gear will be phasing into all of our standard quilts.

"Argon"(trademark pending) is a material recently acquired by Dutchwaregear and will be available for sale to the DIY crowd by the yard as early as next week. I believe he will be offering this fabric for $10/yard, which from what I have seen so far, is VERY competitive. Argon fabric is a 10 denier, calendered nylon that weighs approximately .67oz per square yard. This material feels incredible against the skin and is perfect for inner shell material. My personal opinion is that it is as good (or better than) most of the technical materials I have worked with thus far...and I have worked with most of them by now.

Because of the tight weave and strong calendering, Argon fabric is completely down proof as well as wind and water resistant. There is very little, if any, DWR finish to this fabric which is why it excels as an inner shell material. I have also made and used Argon Black as an outer shell material for a number of my personal (and loaner) quilts with great results. As I mentioned, it will shed light moisture and is very wind resistant. Oh, and for you guys that are trying to trim down that pack weight, this stuff is as light as it gets. I am still working on finished weights for all of our quilt models, but so far, they are some of the lightest I have seen.

I am going to begin offering the Argon fabric for all of my quilts as the standard material. For a limited time, I am only going to charge $5 per shell for the upgrade. So if you want a full quilt made with Argon black, it will be a total of $10. The weight savings on a full length quilt with both shells made with this material will be roughly 3.5-4 ounces (100-113 grams).

New colors are coming as well. Along with the current offering of black, brown, green, gray will soon be available.
    Owner/Founder at Hammockgear.com - Hammock Camping Outfitters
    Home of the Burrow, the Incubator, and the Phoenix

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Sweet can't wait to see and feel it on my TQ. I almost posted a spoiler after we talked the other day but thought you may be about to announce it. Always on the cutting edge !!!!
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Cool! Looking forward to hearing more about how this fabric perform for the masses.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Sounds wonderful, thank you to all for continuously striving to provide the best and highest quality products that you can.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    HGCub/Deluxe Spinn
    Insulation
    HGP/SSF/JRBHR/HGBu
    Suspension
    line/ring/strap
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    I am going to begin offering the Argon fabric for all of my quilts as the standard material. For a limited time, I am only going to charge $5 per shell for the upgrade. So if you want a full quilt made with Argon black, it will be a total of $10.
    You mean I can return a couple of the quilts I bought from you and you'll change the skins for only ten bucks?! That's terrific (don't I wish).

And wish you well, too.

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    That's awesome, I'm going to have to order two new sets of quilts soon. The Burrow measurements should be 20 inches long by 10 inches wide at top and probably only needs one ounce fill sewn through baffles. The UQ I'll go full length Incubator 22 inches long by 15 inches wide with 2.5 oz fill quarter inch baffles. Awesome on the new material upgrade. Can't wait to check it out.

Hammock
    WBBBXLC 1.7dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG All Around
    Suspension
    Straps and DUTCH
    That sounds like a slick fabric. You're making it awful hard to hold off on buying more gear!

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    Sweet can't wait to see and feel it on my TQ. I almost posted a spoiler after we talked the other day but thought you may be about to announce it. Always on the cutting edge !!!!
    LOL, Thanks for holding off Mike. Although it was leaked anyway. A HF member made a thread today with some Burrow questions and one of them was about the new fabric. Oh well!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Sounds wonderful, thank you to all for continuously striving to provide the best and highest quality products that you can.
    Thanks for the kind words CB (you will always be CB to me...) It means a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    You mean I can return a couple of the quilts I bought from you and you'll change the skins for only ten bucks?! That's terrific (don't I wish).

And wish you well, too.
    Oh, if it were that easy..... That would be a downy nightmare to say the least....

Thanks, Sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    That's awesome, I'm going to have to order two new sets of quilts soon. The Burrow measurements should be 20 inches long by 10 inches wide at top and probably only needs one ounce fill sewn through baffles. The UQ I'll go full length Incubator 22 inches long by 15 inches wide with 2.5 oz fill quarter inch baffles. Awesome on the new material upgrade. Can't wait to check it out.
    How cute would THAT set be?! Sounds like an awesome personal project I just might tackle....Congrats again, Brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    That sounds like a slick fabric. You're making it awful hard to hold off on buying more gear!

~Stomcrow
    Owner/Founder at Hammockgear.com - Hammock Camping Outfitters
    Home of the Burrow, the Incubator, and the Phoenix

Hammock
    TTTG SB1.9s / DreamHmk
    Tarp
    HG WinterKingdom
    Insulation
    HG M50 Superiority
    Suspension
    MakinWhoopies Bob.
    I spilt no beans.
    -Bill

"...the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog."
    -LTC D. Grossman

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    Quote Originally Posted by body942 View Post
    I spilt no beans.
    Beans!! If I get beans with an order I am in!!..........
    Sounds good Adam.. Will be talkin fella....
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast