Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    I expect to be hanging at 501 on Sunday evening, the 7th! Sorry to miss y'all.

I'll be starting a 111-mile section hike that morning at Swatara Gap, of the north half of PA on the AT.

Rain Man

Rain Man I knew you'd be in the area. What do you need to get there. Hike to 645 and I'll pick you up and then I will take you back there in the morning. It is an easy hike from swatara to 645.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Dutch's prototypes
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    All Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Rain Man I knew you'd be in the area. What do you need to get there. Hike to 645 and I'll pick you up and then I will take you back there in the morning. It is an easy hike from swatara to 645.
    Rainman take the offer, this will be the best hang that you're not allowed to talk about you'll ever go to.

The one rule of the 501 is what happens at the 501 stays at the 501. ( Sorry channeling my inner GLP)

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I'll look at my map and see what you're talking about. Y'all gonna be there Sunday eve?

Rain Man

"You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods

http://www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S
    Tarp
    Dutchware tarp
    Insulation
    HG phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie dutchware
    Images
    Is the summer port-a-potty back in yet??

Word to the wise: Tie up to Carl's tree at your own peril!

Russ and I can't wait. We will share photos of our snowshoe trip to the Adirondacks.
    Peggy & Russ --The Jerzybears -

I do not read advertisements. I would spend all of my time wanting things.
    -Franz Kafka

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy or DIY
    Tarp
    DIY hex or winter
    Insulation
    WL 3/4 UQ, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks (IGD)
    Images
    Sorry I'm going to miss this one, but with doing 501 to 183 with the scouts next weekend and MAHAA 2 weeks after that I'm going to stay home and get some spring chores done. Looks like nice weather. Have a sip of purified water for me.
    "Mountains should be climbed with as little effort as possible and without desire. ... To live only for some future goal is shallow. It’s the sides of the mountain that sustain life, not the top. Here's where things grow." - Robert M. Pirsig

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PaCampingDad

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    I want to make everyone Aware before you hit the 501 tomorrow night
    Due to no rain and multiple brush fires as of late We are in a Burn Ban for 30 days ... so no fires guys
    the only fire permitted is a gas grill or charcoal grill with the ability to cover
    it is a $300 fine for having a fire during a Fire Ban
    just wanted to make everyone away so you don't get a visit by the state police cause you have a fire going LOL

i might stop up to say Hi after my clubs dinner since i'll be a few miles over the other side of the Mnt ....
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    9X11 DIY Syl
    Insulation
    DIY UQ + TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + huggers

I can bring the charcoal, but I don't have a grill.

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy or DIY
    Tarp
    DIY hex or winter
    Insulation
    WL 3/4 UQ, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks (IGD)
    Images
    I investigated the burn ban a little more. Finally found it on the DCNR web pages.
    http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry...re/advisories/

Current posted bans:
    Schuylkill County Commissioners have enacted a countywide burn ban from April 5 at noon through May 5, 2013.

Burning Ban Definition – "Open burning" is defined as the ignition and subsequent burning of any combustible material (garbage, leaves, grass, twigs, litter, paper, vegetative matter involved with land clearing, or any sort of debris) out-of-doors either in a burn barrel or on the ground. The use of propane or gas stoves, charcoal briquette grills, or the use of tobacco in any form is not covered under county burn bans. Camp fires are allowed in the fire rings that confine and contain the camp fire in a designated state, federal, or Department of Environmental Protection licensed campground.

Be careful out there.
    "Mountains should be climbed with as little effort as possible and without desire. ... To live only for some future goal is shallow. It’s the sides of the mountain that sustain life, not the top. Here's where things grow." - Robert M. Pirsig

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PaCampingDad

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by doogie View Post
    I investigated the burn ban a little more. Finally found it on the DCNR web pages.
    http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry...re/advisories/

Current posted bans:
    Schuylkill County Commissioners have enacted a countywide burn ban from April 5 at noon through May 5, 2013.

Burning Ban Definition – "Open burning" is defined as the ignition and subsequent burning of any combustible material (garbage, leaves, grass, twigs, litter, paper, vegetative matter involved with land clearing, or any sort of debris) out-of-doors either in a burn barrel or on the ground. The use of propane or gas stoves, charcoal briquette grills, or the use of tobacco in any form is not covered under county burn bans. Camp fires are allowed in the fire rings that confine and contain the camp fire in a designated state, federal, or Department of Environmental Protection licensed campground.

Be careful out there.
    ok.. i was just going to post that...
    but also don't forget the 501 is not a state park or is not covered under any of the guidelines for fire rings so the ban will affect the 501 and any part of the AT that is not on state park land or licensed camp grounds so make sure you check to see if any site on the AT is covered in state campgrounds .. i know of non on this section but i can't remember if there is any north of here ... i know south there is IE PineGorve state park
    but i will be sure to post any changes that come up and if anyone is planning a hike up this way in the next month just PM me if you need info on the ban
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast