Thread: Diy uq

Hammock
    Attempting a DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DiY Cat Cut
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Diy uq

I am looking for a great set of instructions for a UQ. I know there are quite a few on the forums and after reading them my head hurts. So I put it to you all. Which set of instructions are the easiest or in some way better then others? If I had my way they would be something like..... Cut top layer x by y bottom layer m by n. no see em g by f and x amount of down per baffel. Thanks for your help everyone.

Hammock
    DIY Nest
    Insulation
    Old Bag
    Suspension
    Huggahs
    I would look for instructions on baffle construction and any of the many techniques you can use for both your quilts and under.quilts... the only real difference is in length and whether you'll add a foot-box or under-hammock suspension.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Just just spend a few extra bucks and buy you a set up from underquilts.com... And dont worry about any of that
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...=Parallelogram

The link above is to an UQ that I made that came out quit nice. On note: I cut it as a parallelogram for asymmetrical hammocks like Warbonnet Blackbird (WBBB). If you use a hammock that is symmetrical (where you can switch diagonals), cut it rectangular.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    Attempting a DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DiY Cat Cut
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thanks mad. Does that mean i could not use it for both? I was hoping for something that i could use on my HH and a DIY bridge.

Hammock
    Knotty design, 1.5 oz stretch side
    Tarp
    WL Tad Pole
    Insulation
    PLUQ w/IX
    Suspension
    dynaglide/straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brute1100 View Post
    Just just spend a few extra bucks and buy you a set up from underquilts.com... And dont worry about any of that
    I think Brute 1100 maybe right. For 50.00 you can get a 2/3 or 3/4 underquilt shell, ready for down. The quilt shell is from what I have read, very well made, with about 65.00 of WL 850 down you should be good to close to 15 degrees. I like to tinker and sew as much as anyone but by the time you buy the material, ship it, add thread that U.S Grant is looking like a deal!
    - Gary -

"Nice Pen, I Bet It Writes Some Really Nice Stories"

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx/Diy TQ
    Suspension
    MSH/Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryBunk View Post
    I think Brute 1100 maybe right. For 50.00 you can get a 2/3 or 3/4 underquilt shell, ready for down. The quilt shell is from what I have read, very well made, with about 65.00 of WL 850 down you should be good to close to 15 degrees. I like to tinker and sew as much as anyone but by the time you buy the material, ship it, add thread that U.S Grant is looking like a deal!
    +1 on this. I made a DIY top quilt, but I imagine an under quilt would be very similar. I enjoy sewing a lot, but after a few baffles it got very monotonous. I already have an incubator, but my torso length shell is on its way from underquilts.com.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 or BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Tewa, Speer, H.G.
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brute1100 View Post
    My thoughts exactly, and/or use it as a template to learn how to make one as well
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Underquilts.com is really a great choice. If you really want to go the full DIY route check out threads by Lost_Biker the owner of Underquilts.com.
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Thanks for all the kind comments guys!

Stalker42 - I have a a post describing how to make a torso length UQ here: http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...108#post918108 Only difference between a torso and full length is length.

If you want to sew your own, please let me know if you need any help. Use a calculator from Catsplat or MAD777 and you'll have all the proper dimensions along with the amount of down fill.

Catsplat calc - http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=53701
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast