Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    I used my HHSS for the first time this past weekend. Temps dipped below freezing and there was plenty of wind. I used a 20 degree Kelty bag and I was warm all night.

Thanks for all the advice. Got my hammock in the mail today - expedition zip with supershelter & hex tarp.
    Looks like it may finally be spring here. Almost all the snow is gone. Dreaming about sleeping amoungst the trees.

Hammock
    WB BB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    0º Toaster Down UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Have fun with your new hammock. Looking forward to seeing a photo of your first overnight hang.

You will find a Space Blanket somewhere in the SuperShelter bag, no need to buy one.

When you are lying in your new hammock, reach your hand through the bug netting and feel the SuperShelter below you. If it is not snug up against you, you will need to get out and adjust the SS using the two prusiks on the Hennessy hanging cord.

Enjoy your new hammock!

Cheers

Images
    Great choice. You will be happy with that setup.

Hammock
    DIY "Taco" Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy hex fly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Wingardium Leviosa
    Go with the large tarp if you seriously expect to be out in wind blown rain. I've camped in rain under the small tarp, and even pulled in low, if the rain is blowing much at all it will get under it. The large tarp is huge... If you bring it in close youre pretty much set up. I wouldn't go with their underneath stuff unless you plan to be in cold weather.
    You can use a pad if you think it's going to be 65 or less... Or go the quilt route without having to buy the whole super shelter system.
    The nice thing about the Hennessy Large tarp, is that it is multipurpose. If you plan to do some winter camping and don't want the bug net and all, you can get an ENO for about $50 and use your Hennessy tarp with it. The small tarp just wont protect you.
    For more info, read:

My personal blog

Hammock
    HH UL Expl, Expd, WBBB XL, homemade
    Tarp
    Hex, WB Edge
    Insulation
    HHSS or Yeti UQ
    Suspension
    Straps or whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianShield View Post
    Thanks for all the advice. Got my hammock in the mail today - expedition zip with supershelter & hex tarp.
    Looks like it may finally be spring here. Almost all the snow is gone. Dreaming about sleeping amoungst the trees.
    Enjoy. You'll notice that it's impossible to get the SS insulation back in the bag it comes from (they must pack it in a vacuum!). Instead, I have the hammock and 2nd layer in snakeskins. The insulation goes into a MEC drybag, and I use the SS bag as a double ended stuffsack for the hex tarp - fits perfectly, like a very short snakeskin.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12