DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Yet another entertaining video! I really like the quality of your new camera, both the video and the audio!

A Blackbird hanging on Blackbird St., imagine that!
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBeardHanger View Post
    Great video! You have a great sense of humor…! How do ya like the GoPro? I saw 2 handlebar mounts and chest mount, what… no helmet mount?!
    Great sign! I’ve actually been looking for an eno street sign or just a sign that says “Hammock” on it. Sweet find!

Keep the vids coming...!
    Ow, that’s a sensitive subject, RedBeardHanger. At this stage, the Gopro 2 gets the thumbs down. I’ve already broken one of the indestructible mounts – just attaching the camera (VERY cheap plastic that also scratches easily). The LCD BacPac stopped working, just before I filmed the happy tree (as it turns out, I’m far from the first to have that happen). And as you may know, the sound quality is wowful! On a positive note, the “daytime” picture quality is pretty good for a $300 camera and the on board stabilizer works well. Back to the negatives... the settings menu is TERRIBLE to navigate (no back button) and the buttons on the housing are hard to press, which makes going through the settings harder than it already is.

Well, RedBeardHanger, I feel better now that I’ve had the chance to complain to someone (GoPro don’t want to know)! As for the handlebar mount, I’ve got both the basic one that comes with the Outdoor Addition and I’ve also got the one that has the adjustments on it, but haven’t used either of them yet. Haven’t used the suction mount yet either (windsurfing). Oh and the wrist mount is a waste of money.

Anyway...

I hope all my complaining was helpful. I’m glad you liked the video, and the hunt is on for a sign that says hammock!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    That public hammock would be great for those stumbling home drunk. I have spent a night in a park before and that would have been handy. Thanks for the laughs and showing us around.
    Maybe one day we’ll see heavy duty hammocks in all drunk hot spots. The ones in rich areas could have under quilts and chuck buckets. lol You’re welcome for the show around, Bubba!

Quote Originally Posted by scooterdogma View Post
    Brucie I think I love you THAT was funny, loved the captions and it was a Hammock/bike video.... hmm, mods are you listening
    Well, I’m not surprised, scooterdogma... I’m very loveable (head wobble)! lol Thanks for watching and taking the time to comment!

Quote Originally Posted by ferret View Post
    Very nice! What are you using for the sound?
    Hello, Ferret! A while ago, in my quest to improve sound quality, I bought an Azden WMS Pro Wireless microphone System off the internet, which worked ok, but no ambient sound could be heard. I just bought myself an Olympus Digital Voice Recorder VN-8600 PC and used that and the mic that came with the WMS Pro to make this latest video. I had to get a mono to stereo adapter, because the WMS mic is a mono mic, and if plugged into the recorder as is, there would have only been left side/channel sound. This set up picks up a fair bit of ambient sound, but it’s not quite right. I think I need one with a thinner foam wind buffer thingy for no wind recording. This set up is great for windy recording.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeAway View Post
    Nice one. Always like your videos. Looking forward to the next one.
    Best,
    Blaze
    Hello there BlazeAway! Thanks for posting a comment! I hope to see you hanging out in the snow while you’ve got some. You’ve got the gear for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    Brucie ... that was hilarious! Thanks for sharing the trip! Love watching your videos. So now what recording device did you use? That really does a great job compensating for the poor audio of the GoPro .. nicely done pal.
    Hi ho Hawk-eye! Hope you’re well and getting out in your hammock in-between all the work travelling you are or were doing! Yes, the GoPro has TERRIBLE sound quality! Unacceptably bad for this day and age. I bought an Olympus Digital Voice Recorder VN-8600 PC, just from a local shop. It can record in 192bps, 128bps and 48bps. I was using 128bps. I’ve since discovered that YouTube changes it to 44 bps, so I may as well use the 48bps setting. Unlike the camera, the voice recorder gets a thumbs up. It works and it’s quick and easy to use. Thanks for posting a comment, Hawk-eye, I like to hear from you!

Quote Originally Posted by pellet gun View Post
    Enjoyed that man!
    Good to know you enjoyed the video, pelletgun! I like your Homer Simpson thingy, he rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Rick View Post
    Great video man! Freaking hilarious.
    Thanks for posting a comment, TFC Rick! It’s nice to get a bit of feedback. It helps me work out if people “get it” or not.

Quote Originally Posted by FireInMyBones View Post
    Very funny. I really enjoyed it. I too am curious about your sound recording device.
    Hi, FireInMyBones,

The recording device is an Olympus Digital Voice Recorder VN-8600 PC and I plugged a EX-503 lapel microphone into it and clipped that to the inside of my shirt, about nipple height. Now, before you rush out and buy one, you should know that there’s a bit more messing around to be done, both out filming, and back in the editing room. You have to use the “clapper board” method to make it work. Thanks for posting, FireInMyBones, and I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed the video!

(A clapperboard is a device used in filmmaking and video production to assist in the synchronizing of picture and sound.)

Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    Yet another entertaining video! I really like the quality of your new camera, both the video and the audio!

A Blackbird hanging on Blackbird St., imagine that!
    Hello there Mad777!

lol Yeah, I never thought of it quite like that... A Blackbird hanging on Blackbird St. Overall, I’m not too happy with the camera, but it does take a good video. The 170 degree field of view mode will be good for filming mountains. You may have noticed that I’ve been having some trouble with sound volume and sound being out of sync. The volume problem is mostly fixed, I’m still have problems with the sound going out of sync after it is uploaded to YouTube. I’m getting there though, that’s the main thing! Thanks for posting MAD777, it’s always good to hear from you!
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruciehi5 View Post
    Hi, FireInMyBones,

The recording device is an Olympus Digital Voice Recorder VN-8600 PC and I plugged a EX-503 lapel microphone into it and clipped that to the inside of my shirt, about nipple height. Now, before you rush out and buy one, you should know that there’s a bit more messing around to be done, both out filming, and back in the editing room. You have to use the “clapper board” method to make it work. Thanks for posting, FireInMyBones, and I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed the video!

(A clapperboard is a device used in filmmaking and video production to assist in the synchronizing of picture and sound.)
    Like one of these: ? Or do you just "clap" to start the video and sound?

Thanks for the tip.
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    ...he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireInMyBones View Post
    Like one of these: ? Or do you just "clap" to start the video and sound?

Thanks for the tip.

Well what happened was, I thought you matched the sound from the camera with the sound of the voice recorder, so I went to a pet shop and bought a clicker, which is used to train dogs. I found that it was too fiddly to use that, the camera and the recorder at the same time, so it soon got the boot. I also found that it was hard to see the click sound on the time line in the video editor. I could see the sound recording ok, but no the video. A little more research and yes, I now just simply switch the camera and recorder on, then clap my hands together in front of the camera and about one or two feet away from both. While editing, I pause the video when my hands touch, and line that point up with the spike made in the sound recording by the clap sound. I don’t want to carry a proper clapper board around with me.
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    That's what I thought. Good idea.
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    ...he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    You are a riot.....a pedaling riot)))))))
    Waving trees do exist! I too have encountered them.....
    Sounds like your iffy on the GoPro but the picture is nice.
    Enjoyed your movie a bunch.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    You are a riot.....a pedaling riot)))))))
    Waving trees do exist! I too have encountered them.....
    Sounds like your iffy on the GoPro but the picture is nice.
    Enjoyed your movie a bunch.
    Shug
    Hello Mr Shug, I hope you’re well and staying warm! I was thinking... I’d like to see you in The Beginners Book OF Records for the coldest night ever spent in a hammock. That would be pretty cool! Make a video of it, of course, to show us here at Hammock Forums.

I first saw a happy, waving tree in one of your videos. Until the other day, I hadn’t seen one in real life. I’m wondering if they can swim. Did one of your happy, waving trees swim across the ocean, just so it could wave and be happy in front of me? If they can swim, can they also walk (how else could they get to the ocean)? Am I going to be followed around by happy waving trees, just like you get followed around by fairly big black birds? It’s certainly something to think about! I’ll have to go and set up my hammock... I do all my best thinking in there.

You summed up my thoughts on the GoPro 2 nicely – GoPro iffy, picture good.

I’m really glad you took the time to watch my movie, and it’s nice to know you liked it!

Be happy and watch out for thoughs birds!
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruciehi5 View Post

I first saw a happy, waving tree in one of your videos. Until the other day, I hadn’t seen one in real life. I’m wondering if they can swim. Did one of your happy, waving trees swim across the ocean, just so it could wave and be happy in front of me? If they can swim, can they also walk (how else could they get to the ocean)? Am I going to be followed around by happy waving trees,........

They are called Ents and must be treated with great respect.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    HG4seasonCFw/doors
    Insulation
    Hammock gear UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Great vid. I had a couple of out loud laughs on that one. Glad I wasn't drinking milk. The signpost hang was one of my favorites!

Keep 'em coming!
    Jose Diaz

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 4s
    Insulation
    Shamu & RAB
    Suspension
    All in One whoopie
    Images

Nerd Alert!

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeAway View Post
    They are called Ents and must be treated with great respect.
    Yes, in the Tolkien world of Middle Earth they are known as the Ent. However, perhaps more popularly, in the TSR/WoTC/& now Hasbro world or Dungeons & Dragons they are known as the Treant. And, you not only respect the Treant but also his trees.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast