Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB UQ,MLD Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    Quote Originally Posted by slicktop View Post
    see, this is what's killing me... I am NOT 6', I'm 5'8", but I hate being cramped. But I don't want to get a monster hammock if it isn't really necessary either! Ugh... I just can't imagine 4" of height necessitating that much of a difference in hammocks, either... so hard to decide...
    I'm with you I'm 5'7" wish they made the BB with the extra netting and removable tops
    TDHanger

Hammock
    11' single layer Hammeck
    Suspension
    whoopies FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by TDHanger View Post
    I'm with you I'm 5'7" wish they made the BB with the extra netting and removable tops
    That'd be my unicorn, my Eleanor. The foot box of the Warbonnet Blackbird, with the netting of the XLC, combined with the "convertibility" of the Dream Hammock Dangerbird.

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    The safest way to know is to try them either at a group hang or if you are lucky you know somebody that has them.

Regarding the tarp, the WB Edge had its length increased to cover either the XLC or BB so I'm not sure about weight savings of tarps for the smaller BB. There may be options out there but you'd have to hunt for them.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TallPaul View Post
    Regarding the tarp, the WB Edge had its length increased to cover either the XLC or BB so I'm not sure about weight savings of tarps for the smaller BB. There may be options out there but you'd have to hunt for them.
    Yes, the Edge is now 11' long. It used to be 10'. I have a 10' Spin Edge, with is only 8.25oz. The 11' silnylon Edge is 11.25oz. Not a huge weight saving, but not bad either. Afaik there are a couple of manufacturers that offer tarps with a 10' ridgeline. I know that OES does. I wouldn't want to use a 10' tarp with an 11' hammock. I find an 11' hammock with 11' tarp pretty tight as it is.

Hammock
    WL, WB, Clark stuff
    Images
    I'm 5'8" and have a regular SL 1.7 BB. It is my dedicated summer hammock, its for those 70+ nights in June, July, Aug and maybe Sept.

I have laid in it many times, stretching out my feet as far as I can into the footbox, and at my height, the soles of my feet are about 6-8 inches from hitting the end of the footbox. I'm as flat as can be, with nothing squeezing/pushing my feet and causing foot/ankle/knee pain.

Now I like getting new bling as much as the next guy and truelly would love to get an XLC, because its a new toy and I love new toys But I almost certainly won't, because I just cannot see how it would increase my comfort level, not to mention the tree spacing/ tarp size issues.

Hammock
    WB RR, BB
    Tarp
    Cluodburst, MJ
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    D-rings and straps
    I'm in the midst of the same dilemma. I _was_ 6' 2" an now 6' 1" -ish (older = shorter) so I passed on the XLC in favor of the BB. Currently trying the Ridge Runner as I side sleep. The BB didn't seem short to me as much as it was cramped if I didn't hang it long enough (width between trees). My 2 cents worth.

Hammock
    11' single layer Hammeck
    Suspension
    whoopies FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by outdoorsguy View Post
    I'm 5'8" and have a regular SL 1.7 BB. It is my dedicated summer hammock, its for those 70+ nights in June, July, Aug and maybe Sept.

I have laid in it many times, stretching out my feet as far as I can into the footbox, and at my height, the soles of my feet are about 6-8 inches from hitting the end of the footbox. I'm as flat as can be, with nothing squeezing/pushing my feet and causing foot/ankle/knee pain.

Now I like getting new bling as much as the next guy and truelly would love to get an XLC, because its a new toy and I love new toys But I almost certainly won't, because I just cannot see how it would increase my comfort level, not to mention the tree spacing/ tarp size issues.
    I really needed to hear that. Sincerely, thank you.

Hammock
    Mackinac Bridge
    Tarp
    DCF
    Insulation
    Grey Goose Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Inphekted View Post
    That being said, everything I've seen has said the regular is good for people under 6 feet tall, and the XLC is best for people over 6 feet tall.

I just so happen to be 6 feet tall exactly! Please tell me I made the right choice...
    You made a good choice. You probably would've been fine with the BB (I'm 6' and was perfectly comfy in my 9' 6" ENO singlenest) but with the XLC you have a 3-in-1 hammock (or 2-in-1 if you don't buy the solid cover)...a hammock without a bugnet or cover, a hammock with a bugnet, and a hammock with a cover.

Quote Originally Posted by slicktop View Post
    That'd be my unicorn, my Eleanor. The foot box of the Warbonnet Blackbird, with the netting of the XLC, combined with the "convertibility" of the Dream Hammock Dangerbird.
    The XLC doesn't have a footbox?

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Yes the XLC has a footbox

• + New Posts