Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    I can fit two others in the car with me for whoever would like to car pool with me. I live in Wisconsin, but I work at Century College in White Bear Lake, and we can just plan to meet there and people could leave their car in the parking lot for the weekend. I'm also fine if people want to park at my house and leave the car in the driveway for the weekend. I live in New Richmond, WI which is about 45 mins from the cities.

Leave Century College or my place at 9:00am? 9:30am? just let me know and I'm happy to drive.

Then is the plan for everyone to meet at the cross river state wayside and then we can shuttle around cars from there?
    The camper formerly known as HikingDad...

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    HG & UGQ quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by hikingdad View Post
    I can fit two others in the car with me for whoever would like to car pool with me. I live in Wisconsin, but I work at Century College in White Bear Lake, and we can just plan to meet there and people could leave their car in the parking lot for the weekend. I'm also fine if people want to park at my house and leave the car in the driveway for the weekend. I live in New Richmond, WI which is about 45 mins from the cities.

Leave Century College or my place at 9:00am? 9:30am? just let me know and I'm happy to drive.

Then is the plan for everyone to meet at the cross river state wayside and then we can shuttle around cars from there?
    Meeting you at century about 9:00 would work great for me. Meeting at Cross River seams to be the most practical.

Hammock
    BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    Camo Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 0* UQ, 20* TQ
    Suspension
    WS + Whoopie Hooks
    I double booked and will no longer be able to attend. Have a fun time everyone! I'll be hiking Tettegouche to Beaver Bay the weekend of 5/24-5/26 instead.
    -Dan

Bikes, guns, beer, and camping make me .

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    HG & UGQ quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Getting real jazzed to head out it the woods...the weather is looking great so far...
    When thro' the woods and forest glades I wander
    And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;
    When I look down from lofty mountain gardeur,
    And hear the brook, and feel the gentle breeze...

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    Hennessy Asym Hex
    Insulation
    KAQ Potomac
    I was unable to get off time from work. Hope you all have a great time this weekend.

Hammock
    Lite Owl, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

SHT MN 5-10 to 5-12

Have fun and enjoy the snow guys. Current trail report below.

May 6, 2013: Even with some current warming temperatures, there is still at least 6"-18" of snow on most of the trail. We have reports of people slogging through knee deep snow and sinking even with snowshoes. We don't have any reports of any hikeable sections yet. Here's a link to current Minnesota snow depths:http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/snow_depth/index.html From this page, you can click on a map that models snow depth daily.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by pizza View Post

May 6, 2013: Even with some current warming temperatures, there is still at least 6"-18" of snow on most of the trail. We have reports of people slogging through knee deep snow and sinking even with snowshoes. We don't have any reports of any hikeable sections yet. Here's a link to current Minnesota snow depths:http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/snow_depth/index.html From this page, you can click on a map that models snow depth daily.
    we still have a work week of warm temps!
    The camper formerly known as HikingDad...

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    HG & UGQ quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by pizza View Post

Thanks for the report. Hopefully enough melts for a more enjoyable hike. I packed my snow shoes away for the winter...Everyone think warm thoughts!

Hammock
    ENO Single Nest
    Tarp
    GT Funky Forest
    Insulation
    CCF pad, PLUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie

SHT MN 5-10 to 5-12

Not sure how relevant this is or will be: I was out for a hang with a friend on SHT after work today in West Duluth near the Magney Natural area. There were some patches that still had snow/slush but in general it was just muddy. With ~50s and a little rain all week, perhaps you'll get some progress up north. Then again, maybe we'll get another foot and a half of snow.

I'm a little jealous of you guys this weekend! I'm still too much a noob for overnighting in this weather, and too fat and out of shape to think that a 20 mile hike in one day sounds fun

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    HG & UGQ quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by ttilberg View Post
    Not sure how relevant this is or will be: I was out for a hang with a friend on SHT after work today in West Duluth near the Magney Natural area. There were some patches that still had snow/slush but in general it was just muddy. With ~50s and a little rain all week, perhaps you'll get some progress up north. Then again, maybe we'll get another foot and a half of snow.

I'm a little jealous of you guys this weekend! I'm still too much a noob for overnighting in this weather, and too fat and out of shape to think that a 20 mile hike in one day sounds fun
    Thanks for the update my friend. It gives me hope. You just have to get out there and enjoy it. My first night was in a 40* terrential rain with a foam pad and mylar emergency blanket. It was freaking awesome! If you're ever looking for something a little more "entry level" and want some company, let me know, I like getting out there whenever I can no matter what the scenario.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast