Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    WL XXL TQ & CCF
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies

still may be coming

well I think we may still make it but I guess I misread the original route. I thought for some reason we were hiking NB & we had planned to continue on to Hwy 8 TH or close to it.
    We are taking of for a week + and want to spend about a week on the trail. Worst case scenario is we'll just meet up with you all somewhere along the trail.
    Where do you plan to hang Sat night, near the scour close to Hwy N TH or closer to Johnson Shut-in TH?
    Another option is for us to go SB with you all then get a ride back to Hwy A then head North.
    We have a quad cab truck & will be happy to shuttle people from Taum Sauk to Hwy A, but is will someone gonna mind my dog riding back to hwy A TH from Taum Sauk?

Hammock
    Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    WL XXL TQ & CCF
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies

Digitizer?

Hey I was wondering if your are the same one that has like 100+ you tube videos on alcohol stoves?
    If so just to let you know that is one huge stove addiction, I am a healthcare professional and maybe during this hang we can have a intervention.
    Just kidding man, I watched a bunch of them trying to figure out better UL stove option instead of my MSR whisperlite. I ended up buying a Solo Stove with the Trangia (sp?) looking fwd to trying it out on this hang.

Hammock
    Gathered End
    Tarp
    Still Looking
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by momedic View Post
    Hey I was wondering if your are the same one that has like 100+ you tube videos on alcohol stoves?
    If so just to let you know that is one huge stove addiction, I am a healthcare professional and maybe during this hang we can have a intervention.
    Just kidding man, I watched a bunch of them trying to figure out better UL stove option instead of my MSR whisperlite. I ended up buying a Solo Stove with the Trangia (sp?) looking fwd to trying it out on this hang.
    Momedic, yes that is me with the 100+ alcohol stove collection/addiction. Looking forward to meeting with you on the trail.

Hammock
    Wbrr
    Tarp
    Noahs 12
    Insulation
    New river uq
    Suspension
    Whoopie

Gideon

That's great that you got the job. We are in Nashville this weekend looking for places to live, because the wife starts on May 20th. Wish you luck and most of all just keep on hiking.

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    thank you Campalot; it came up suddenly but it's something the family has wanted for a long time; as sad as I am to leave Missouri and the company I've been with for 13 years, I'm excited about the adventure! It's too easy to play it too safe and miss out on too much!

Best of luck to you and your family; I wish we could have gotten to know each other better!

And yes, I'll keep hiking, with Pyro and eventually with some other forum members in Ohio!!

Gideon

Hammock
    Darien UL, Ridgerunner, DIY
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ,TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    well I think we may still make it but I guess I misread the original route. I thought for some reason we were hiking NB & we had planned to continue on to Hwy 8 TH or close to it.
    We are taking of for a week + and want to spend about a week on the trail. Worst case scenario is we'll just meet up with you all somewhere along the trail.
    Where do you plan to hang Sat night, near the scour close to Hwy N TH or closer to Johnson Shut-in TH?
    Another option is for us to go SB with you all then get a ride back to Hwy A then head North.
    We have a quad cab truck & will be happy to shuttle people from Taum Sauk to Hwy A, but is will someone gonna mind my dog riding back to hwy A TH from Taum Sauk?
    If you want to hike south from Hwy 8 back to Hwy A, I will take you up to the trail head of Hwy 8 after our hike and then you can hike south back to your car at Hwy A.
    "nature speaks in the silence between words"
    www.mustexplore.blogspot.com

Hammock
    Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    WL XXL TQ & CCF
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygzr View Post
    If you want to hike south from Hwy 8 back to Hwy A, I will take you up to the trail head of Hwy 8 after our hike and then you can hike south back to your car at Hwy A.
    I may take u up on that offer. Gotta look over the route and make sure we can get from hwy 8 back to hwy A in our allowed time. Does anyone know if you camp along the council bluff trail? Council bluffs looks like a good side trail but never been there so any feed back would be great.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ,TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    I may take u up on that offer. Gotta look over the route and make sure we can get from hwy 8 back to hwy A in our allowed time. Does anyone know if you camp along the council bluff trail? Council bluffs looks like a good side trail but never been there so any feed back would be great.
    Yes I have camped on that loop- 200' off the trail and you can camp anywhere along there.
    It is a fairly straight forward hike from the Berryman campsite ( Hwy 8). it is 12 miles to Hazel Creek Campsite and then 15.5 miles to Narzarenko Spring or 16 to the intersection with the Council Bluff loop, this puts you just 11 miles from the Hwy A parking lot. there are several ways to do this section to stop at springs or river crossings, if you don't want to stop at Campgrounds and even out the mileage.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ,TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling

Free trail food

Guys,
    I have various trail food packages (I have too many) if anyone wants some for the upcoming trip, please let me know and I will bring them to the trail head to save you the trouble and expense of buying food. I have various Hawk's Vittles; spaghetti and pasta varieties and also some Pack It Gourmet chicken and dumplings. Just let me know how many dinners you want and I will bring them along with me.
    Thanks Craig

Hammock
    Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    WL XXL TQ & CCF
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygzr View Post
    Yes I have camped on that loop- 200' off the trail and you can camp anywhere along there.
    It is a fairly straight forward hike from the Berryman campsite ( Hwy 8). it is 12 miles to Hazel Creek Campsite and then 15.5 miles to Narzarenko Spring or 16 to the intersection with the Council Bluff loop, this puts you just 11 miles from the Hwy A parking lot. there are several ways to do this section to stop at springs or river crossings, if you don't want to stop at Campgrounds and even out the mileage.
    What I think we’ll do is if you don’t mind is drop us off at DD or Council Bluffs & we can hike the loop then head south to Hwy A TH, if we are running ahead of time we could add in the Bell Mtn section. This gives us the option to extend or not, because I’m sure you all are gonna wear us out. Also will going to Council bluffs take us past the HWY A TH, if so I could leave supplies in my truck so the 3 days with you all I dont have to carry a weeks worth of food.

BTW how secure is Hwy A parking area, just worried about vehicle getting broken into?

• + New Posts
  • Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast