Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly,HG CUBEN
    Insulation
    Yeti and Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Here's a few images taken with my GoPro, It does a pretty good job with images, I like the contrast and the fisheye lens.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillipsart View Post
    Yes it was a great trip. Went to quick. Could have easily have spent another night there.

I've always wondered if I should update my hat. With our climate it works well, but I do agree it's not a fashion statement. I've been on the look out for something more fashionable, but thus far have not found anything I'm happy with.
    Nawh ... function and character are the signs of a good hat! Fashion smashion ... we don't need fashion in the piney woods!

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    I’ve just been reading a few of the posts here...

Redoleary is right it is a bit of a PITA. I’ve been having trouble with sound quality even before I got a GoPro. The clap thing is the best I could come up with. I’ve got a clicker, but what I found was, either the GoPro didn’t pick up the click sound, or my editor has a bad audio graph thingy. The spike on the audio graph in the sound editor was hardly visible and not usable, so I gave the clicker the flick. Worked GREAT and I could see it easily on the audio recorder graph.

Phillipsart, if you can’t find one in your local pet shop, let me know and I’ll post my one up to you. If you do find them, test try them all, because some work better/easier than others. I also found that having to carry and mess around with three things (camera, recorder, clicker) was even more of a pain in the you know what than having to clap. They only cost 3 bucks, so try it, it might work for you.

Hawk-eye, I know I look HOT in my trend setting fashion fancy down under handsome honey-pie hat! If I find a hat that looks less fashionable than the one I’ve got, I’ll GRAB it. I like that it looks bad. It would be a really good look with the built in fly net deployed! lol I’m saving that for a special occasion.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Thanks for the wonderful trip report and video. You hiked through some beautiful forests. And those birds!
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly,HG CUBEN
    Insulation
    Yeti and Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by born2roam View Post
    Bookmarked to watch later, already jealous before seeing even one second of it

Thanks for the (in my case upcoming) hike along! Happy hanging!

Grtz Johan
    Thanks born2roam, I hope you enjoyed the video

Quote Originally Posted by cybernugz View Post
    Awesome report .. Thanks for sharing
    Thanks cybernugz

Quote Originally Posted by Redoleary View Post
    That was great! That camp site was something else...WOW! what a spot. Thanks for sharing. Looks like you're putting that Gopro to good use.
    Yes, a magic camp site. I should have setup my tarp in porch mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    Enjoyable video of what looks like a great trip! Thanks for sharing the adventure! You fellers have got to be on the leading edge of the Down Under Hat Fashion scene for sure!
    We do have some funny hats here in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Bruciehi5 View Post
    I’ve just been reading a few of the posts here...

Redoleary is right it is a bit of a PITA. I’ve been having trouble with sound quality even before I got a GoPro. The clap thing is the best I could come up with. I’ve got a clicker, but what I found was, either the GoPro didn’t pick up the click sound, or my editor has a bad audio graph thingy. The spike on the audio graph in the sound editor was hardly visible and not usable, so I gave the clicker the flick. Worked GREAT and I could see it easily on the audio recorder graph.

Phillipsart, if you can’t find one in your local pet shop, let me know and I’ll post my one up to you. If you do find them, test try them all, because some work better/easier than others. I also found that having to carry and mess around with three things (camera, recorder, clicker) was even more of a pain in the you know what than having to clap. They only cost 3 bucks, so try it, it might work for you.

Hawk-eye, I know I look HOT in my trend setting fashion fancy down under handsome honey-pie hat! If I find a hat that looks less fashionable than the one I’ve got, I’ll GRAB it. I like that it looks bad. It would be a really good look with the built in fly net deployed! lol I’m saving that for a special occasion.
    Thanks for the offer Bruciehi5 with the clicker. I'm going up town after lunch will drop by at a pet shop and see if they sell the clickers. If not I might take you up on that offer.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    Thanks for the wonderful trip report and video. You hiked through some beautiful forests. And those birds!
    Thanks, but most of those bird noises where not picked up by the GoPro in it's water proof housing, I dubbed some of those into the footage using iMovie 11 on my Mac.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12