DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Quote Originally Posted by mbiraman View Post
    Never really understood the friend thing. Have noticed that a lot of folks from years ago aren't active these days and i have to say i miss some of their banter. Like someone else said, "HF is like my Facebook". Oh oh, i just used quotation marks. Hope that was correct (-;. Anyway, for me its all good. I like seeing pics of where other folks hang out and i try to pay back the favor when i can.

bill
    Yep, you actually quoted someone. (Not that I'm the quotation police or anything like that. )
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

Hammock
    DIY of the Day
    Tarp
    DIY of the Day
    Insulation
    DIY PLoft/IX-UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    WS or Spyder Line
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by grannypat View Post
    ..... (Not that I'm the quotation police or anything like that. )
    2015 John Rock Spreadsheet.

"If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you should do is STOP DIGGING "

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    You folks got friends? Gosh, now I'm really jealous.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    "If you're gonna have friends,it's gonna cost you." Townes VanZandt
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    I think people come to a forum excited about something new. A passion is ignited and they can't get enough; but in time they get well-grounded and they visit less frequently. I think it has to do with the way topics are frequently recycled to serve the next new group of newbies! Of course some of us will move on to different interests; having said that, friends on a forum are the same as friends in real life, if a man has enough true friends in his life to count on one hand then he's truly blessed; many acquaintances but few true friends. And if you'll allow a bit of my cynicism; I think the younger generation is losing their understanding of friendship and loyalty; to make my point one take a look at peoples friends list on facebook. Some (perhaps many) will argue with me that you can have true friendships with 500+ people on your friends list but I'll argue that it's challenging to give your one or two true friends the time and attention they deserve. I think there's a real value to contemporary social media but the downside may be far more significant than we realize. I tend to believe that friendship involves some face time and shared experiences; and I’m not talking about face time on an ipad! Still I value the relationships I’ve established with some members and I respect all of the members. I have come to enjoy my time with some of the members that I’ve had the chance to hang with on group hangs in Missouri. Some of the core group have been on about 4 hangs together now; I still don’t feel like I really know them that well but when the hang is over and I’m driving home, I can’t help but miss them and I’m already looking forward to the next hang; I think that’s the beginning of friendship!

Hammock
    DIY DL 1.1/1.9 gathered end
    Tarp
    Noah 9 for now
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, pad
    Suspension
    woopies/straps
    i have not meet you yet, so you i cnat be your friend yet, so i will be your acquaintance, but if you come to the hang in april at rum river i can meet you and then i could be your friend.

TB
    The best things happen at the worse possible time.

It(I) might not be the prettiest thing, however It(I'm) is quite functional.

SON: Dad why do I have to make my bed? It is just going to get messed up again.
    DAD: Why do you wipe your bottom.

Hammock
    night owl
    Tarp
    diy big blue tarp
    Insulation
    diy JCP jacket uq,
    Suspension
    woooooopieee
    Images

to Shug

Friends, the people other than family that cost you the most grief. i have met some really great people on here that i would like to and that i do call my friends. Granger from La, Cavemand from texas, Spaceweasel from Tx. Tncamper from Tn. the list goes on. I dont know if they feel the same way i hope so but never really know. I joined this forum after hearing you talk about it on all the viedoes and since than have had a postive experance dealing with everyone here. as it stands right now in the future i plan to make the trip up to the great white north to hang with you. ill evan bring a can of squid parts in ink sause. Threw all my years on this earth and the many places i have been i have made many friends and unfountnaly lost many along the road of life. its who we are as a people and the choices we make on the road. I will take all the friends i can find, dig up, pester. it only inriches my life to learn from them. The cost of doing so i am willing to pay.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Shug, like others have stated there are friends on my list that are not active on the forum but will make it to most if not all of our group hangs. Some that I even have their phone #'s just to make sure. What amazes me is that there are a dozen or so of us from every walk of life and the only thing that really matters is that we are in the woods, sitting around a campfire telling the most outlandish stories and having a great time. Some are only meet up with on our annual Florida Hangs but I still consider them the dearest of friends.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    Diy rip stop
    Tarp
    DIY Ripstop hex
    Insulation
    diy climashld UQTQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Some people just can't HANG!! (corny) haha. Initial excitement followed by a fear of the " piney woods" and bigfoot, I think?
    Last edited by wiscoman; 03-25-2013 at 22:17.

Hammock
    DIY Speer style
    Tarp
    Hallelujah
    Insulation
    "Sto" Serape & RRG
    Images
    Friends are relatives that you pick.

(from a hallmark greeting card)

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast