Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Looks lke me +2.

I've not been to a group hang yet, but would like to attend this one. I added myself to the spreadsheet (if I did it right) - I'll be renewing my state park annual pass before then so will just make my own reservations, if I know what part of the park y'all will be at.

I may bring my kayak also - I know they had some pretty bad fishkills the last couple of summers at Fairfield so there aren't a lot of game fish left .

I can try to bring some firewood, or if you find a local place near there to acquire it I can contribute $$ for it.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end / WL Snipe
    Tarp
    DIY 8x10 sil/ M.O.
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/ 20*Pheonix
    Suspension
    DIYwhoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by rodloos View Post
    I've not been to a group hang yet, but would like to attend this one. I added myself to the spreadsheet (if I did it right) - I'll be renewing my state park annual pass before then so will just make my own reservations, if I know what part of the park y'all will be at.

I may bring my kayak also - I know they had some pretty bad fishkills the last couple of summers at Fairfield so there aren't a lot of game fish left .

I can try to bring some firewood, or if you find a local place near there to acquire it I can contribute $$ for it.
    Welcome rodloos, the Texas Hang is a great place to learn and meet some great people. The "Springfield Area" is where we will be. Last year was great yak weather, this yr? As for the firewood; I'm bringing about 1/2+ a truck load, the last of the trees that pretty much took out my house in Feb. Unclemike will give you more details before long, See you at the hang ETH..

Hammock
    WBRR, BMBH
    Tarp
    SuperFly, Hard Roc
    I have not been to a group hang yet, so I would like to try one this year. Yes, I will be attending. I am looking forward to meeting others in this forum.

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

It's great to see the interest level for this hang.

The purpose of this hang is to meet new friends, reacquaint with old ones, see some cool gear and enjoy just hanging out in a family friendly environment while sharing a common interest. The plans have never been based on the quantity of participants but on the quality of the time spent and from at least one person's perspective we've had some success and fun along the way.

I love seeing familiar names on the interest spreadsheet and am really excited to see so many new names this year.

Just for a trip down memory lane, I looked at some of the planning threads for this hang over the last few years. Our first year, 2009, by September we had close to 10 folks interested in attending and we ended up with around 2 dozen in November. In 2010 around mid September we had about 3 dozen planning on coming with about 45 in November. Last year we started September with over 40 and ended up with about 50 when all the dust settled.

As of this post, we have 47 listed on the spreadsheet and not all the folks who have posted to this thread have added or updated their info there. In addition I know of several regulars who I expect to see who have not yet checked in so it looks like the family is continuing to grow.

Among the nice thing about our hang location is the large number of trees. It could accommodate twice the number of folks who have already indicated an interest so don't worry about there being enough trees. It will be good.

Over the next several weeks, I'll be posting some frequently asked questions and the appropriate answers to them. If you have questions, ideas, suggestions, or stock market tips you'd like to pass on, please feel free to join the conversation.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    Dangerbird 72
    Tarp
    HH Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    Sure....buy low, sell high
    "Can't we all just live in trees and hammocks?"
    -- Sam Gribley, My Side of the Mountain

Hammock
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Throkda View Post
    Sure....buy low, sell high
    Thank you for making it to the bottom of another one of my long winded posts!

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 8x10 sil/ M.O.
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/ 20*Pheonix
    Suspension
    DIYwhoopie slings
    Hey Mike, My 1st post didn't go thru so, Thanks for the heads up for the Hang, I'm finaly getting thing put back together an turned on back here, and i'm looking forward to seeing everyone again. I have a question for Dave, what size do I need to cut this wood for your fire barrel, Thinking 16"-18" let me know. Its not oak but it'll burn.... ETH.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EastTexasHanger View Post
    Hey Mike, My 1st post didn't go thru so, Thanks for the heads up for the Hang, I'm finaly getting thing put back together an turned on back here, and i'm looking forward to seeing everyone again. I have a question for Dave, what size do I need to cut this wood for your fire barrel, Thinking 16"-18" let me know. Its not oak but it'll burn.... ETH.
    Glad you'll be with us again Mark!

I"m betting 16-18 will work, and if not, it can be vertically stacked if too long, but to know for sure, I bet oldgringo will chime in.

Since you're pre-cutting, what are your thoughts about making a Swedish candle or two?

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 8x10 sil/ M.O.
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/ 20*Pheonix
    Suspension
    DIYwhoopie slings
    I'm ahead of you, I got a couple already picked out for candles, I'll have stacked and waiting...

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast