Tarp
    ENO ProFly
    Insulation
    The Texas Humidity
    Suspension
    TreeHuggersnDrings
    Images

First over night hang last weekend

Last weekend I went to tyler state park with a few of my buddies and camped 2 nights. It was my first time sleeping in my hammock over night, and I'd have to say.... WOW!!! Beats sleeping on the ground in a tent any day!!! Only took one picture of the hammock itself when I got it all hung up with the bug net. Didn't even put the fly on, its Texas, and there was no chance of rain, and i was in a pretty shaded area. So besides it been super hot all weekend, it was a great time. Got to fight off the coons at night too, they are all over at that state park. Actually sat and watched one from my hammock, he was in the tree that the foot end of my hammock was attached to. Anyway, heres the pic I took and one more of a snake skin my buddy found, super wicked!

All in all the hang was great, definitely made my mind up that I will ABSOLUTELY not be using the slap straps anymore... you just have no adjustability. The trees have to be perfect, and you have to tie them at the perfect height, and they just weren't all that great. I'll admit, mine didn't stretch as much as everyone says they will, actually mine didn't really at all. But I think im still going to go with webbing and some descender rings. All in all good trip, super comfy hammock, and good times with friends!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    DIY underquilt
    Suspension
    Tree straps & CRL
    Thanks for this report. My son and daughter-in-law live in Tyler. She wants to try hammock camping as soon as the heat wave breaks. Since there is a state park right there it will make the perfect spot for her to try hammocking. I just didn't know what the park looked like and if there were enough trees. Your report and picture settle it. When the day temps drop below 100+ (probably WAY below 100+) We will head to the state park there. Might have another convert before too long.

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    ENO ProFly
    Insulation
    The Texas Humidity
    Suspension
    TreeHuggersnDrings
    Images
    Oh yeah, no problem. And its definitely hot!!!! there were plenty of trees, and we got a pretty good spot to camp. I believe it was site 138. very well shaded and still get a nice breeze off the lake. coons are crazy out there though, so beware and dont leave any food out (night OR DAY) because they will get it! bungee cord your coolers too, but thats only to slow them down, they will chew through the bugee cords once they figure out thats why they cant open the cooler.

OH.... ps... theres a place called the cliffs about 10 minutes away (you might have heard of it) its pretty awesome! yall should check that out too!

pps, how do you like the kelty noahs 12? ive heard it was rather large, you think i could use the 9 and still be covered good?

Hammock
    bannana
    Tarp
    n/a
    Insulation
    n/a
    Suspension
    n/a
    rig looks sweet, i am curious on your report on how that tarp works. and im sorry about your slapstrap expirience.....if you want to start now i think dutch is having a sale on his Ti dutch clips...... they look like a mini figure 9 lock beefed up.if that even makes sense.
    to put it barney style they look hawt
    I'm a Hammocker stuck in a tenter's body.....

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    ENO ProFly
    Insulation
    The Texas Humidity
    Suspension
    TreeHuggersnDrings
    Images
    Thanks man, I must say it was pretty sweet! I was stoked anyway, being my first time! As far as the tarp, I didn't use it on this trip, too hot and i was shaded there, no chance of rain. But I have set it up in the back yard and liked it pretty good. Ill definitely let you know when I use it on an overnight trip though! Im already stoked for the next one, I'll actually be traveling up to Maine for a wedding, IM SUPER STOKED ABOUT IT!!! where can i get those dutch clips?

Hammock
    DreamHammock Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    You can find Dutch clips at www.jacksrbetter.com. And those slap straps generally will stretch when wet.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ears View Post
    rig looks sweet, i am curious on your report on how that tarp works. and im sorry about your slapstrap expirience.....if you want to start now i think dutch is having a sale on his Ti dutch clips...... they look like a mini figure 9 lock beefed up.if that even makes sense.
    to put it barney style they look hawt
    Quote Originally Posted by Taco13 View Post
    Thanks man, I must say it was pretty sweet! I was stoked anyway, being my first time! As far as the tarp, I didn't use it on this trip, too hot and i was shaded there, no chance of rain. But I have set it up in the back yard and liked it pretty good. Ill definitely let you know when I use it on an overnight trip though! Im already stoked for the next one, I'll actually be traveling up to Maine for a wedding, IM SUPER STOKED ABOUT IT!!! where can i get those dutch clips?
    i think both of you mean Dutch Tarp Flyz and they can be had at;
    http://www.outdoortrailgear.com/cott...ies/dutchware/
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

• + New Posts