Tarp
    Superfly!
    Insulation
    phoenix 20F
    Suspension
    webbing&dutchware
    Thanks for lovely welcome everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    I love Tasmania and had a great time while I was there. If you're anything like the people I've met, it will be great to have you around. Welcome to HF!

Fronkey
    Heya Fronkey! just watched one of your vids on youtube, u looked like u had a great time. Looking forward to some more.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dl,DIY 11 footer
    Tarp
    Superfly!
    Insulation
    phoenix 20F
    Suspension
    webbing&dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by johmar View Post
    Hi Hammock Dreamer
    I think yours is the first post I've seen from Tassie as well.
    No doubt someone will chime in.
    In any case welcome. What is your hammock?
    John
    G'day John,

I haven't actually pulled the trigger on a hammock yet
    I am torn between a WBBB 1.1dl or a Dream hammock roaming gnome. My beautiful wife just ordered for me a phoenix 20F!!!!

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HammockDreamer View Post
    G'day John,

I haven't actually pulled the trigger on a hammock yet
    I am torn between a WBBB 1.1dl or a Dream hammock roaming gnome. My beautiful wife just ordered for me a phoenix 20F!!!!
    Great wife! I have a WBBB 1.1dl that I love. A Dream Hammock (possible a Dangerbird) is on my list, though, too as I'd really like to try out an 11 footer. The good news is that you won't go wrong with either. And eventually, you'll likely have them both.

Welcome from Denver.
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dl,DIY 11 footer
    Tarp
    Superfly!
    Insulation
    phoenix 20F
    Suspension
    webbing&dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillipsart View Post
    Hi, welcome to the forums. Its great to see other Aussies here.

Im from Queensland, never been to Tasmania, i plan to hike the overland track, was told there are a major lack of trees on the Overland track, therefore hammock use is not possible and been advised against the use of a hammock in Tasmania,

Hello Phillipstart, I have read lots of your posts on Bushwalk.com, u are one of the reasons I got this hammock itch!!
    Seriously thanks, if a fellow Aussie like yourself has made the transition, I thought why not me.

Regarding the Overland track, It is at altitude so there isn't trees everywhere. More so though that it is a heavily regulated track with certain campspots and huts. I'm sure u have checked out footage and u would have seen plenty of trees. Maybe hammocks aren't for some walks in the highlands, but I think its more the conservative attitude of some bushwalkers down here.

cheers

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly,HG CUBEN
    Insulation
    Yeti and Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Ok thats how u multi quote

Hello Phillipstart, I have read lots of your posts on Bushwalk.com, u are one of the reasons I got this hammock itch!!
    Seriously thanks, if a fellow Aussie like yourself has made the transition, I thought why not me.

Regarding the Overland track, It is at altitude so there isn't trees everywhere. More so though that it is a heavily regulated track with certain campspots and huts. I'm sure u have checked out footage and u would have seen plenty of trees. Maybe hammocks aren't for some walks in the highlands, but I think its more the conservative attitude of some bushwalkers down here.

cheers
    Yeh, taken me a while to figure out the multi quoting thing.

I know of two hammock campers that have used a hammock on the overland track, one is Evan from Terra Rosa Gear here in Australia. Ive seen images of hammocks hanging over the tent plat forms at the campsites, I think it can be done, but not at all campsites,

Ive opted to take a tent with me on the Overland Track, Evan is building me a custom made Mid shelter out of Cuben Fiber for use on the Overland and the Larapinta Trail. If you take a look at my post on Cuben Fiber Shelter topic on the bushwalk.com forum, you will see my new shelter, its not yet complete, but the weight is only 275 grams.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dl,DIY 11 footer
    Tarp
    Superfly!
    Insulation
    phoenix 20F
    Suspension
    webbing&dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Whoooo Buddy Welcome. I was in your fine Land of Taz for a day many years a go. What a fine day we had. Hobart on a cruise ship.
    Shug
    1 day is not enough Shug!!!

Although, I have not been to Minnesota so u have 1 day up on me
    Thanks for the vids Shug really informative with your own special twist.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly,HG CUBEN
    Insulation
    Yeti and Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

cheers
    You might be onto something here with the conservative attitude of some, I've had many mostly from Tasmania tell me that there is no chance to use a hammock on the overland track, and yet i have seen many images of hammocks on the overland track so this always had me confused. But now its starting to make sense.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dl,DIY 11 footer
    Tarp
    Superfly!
    Insulation
    phoenix 20F
    Suspension
    webbing&dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillipsart View Post
    Yeh, taken me a while to figure out the multi quoting thing.

I know of two hammock campers that have used a hammock on the overland track, one is Evan from Terra Rosa Gear here in Australia. Ive seen images of hammocks hanging over the tent plat forms at the campsites, I think it can be done, but not at all campsites,

Ive opted to take a tent with me on the Overland Track, Evan is building me a custom made Mid shelter out of Cuben Fiber for use on the Overland and the Larapinta Trail. If you take a look at my post on Cuben Fiber Shelter topic on the bushwalk.com forum, you will see my new shelter, its not yet complete, but the weight is only 275 grams.
    Had to sort my posts out it went pear shaped... anyways

Man! that shelter looks the bees knees. And I love the shape, if Andrew Skurka can does what he does in 1 of those duomids u are gonna be rocking.

Don't forget that there are huts all the way on the overland track so u wouldn't hardly ever have to set up a shelter if u didn't want to.

Phillipsart what are your thoughts on the phoenix UQ?

Cheers Simon,

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly,HG CUBEN
    Insulation
    Yeti and Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Had to sort my posts out it went pear shaped... anyways

Man! that shelter looks the bees knees. And I love the shape, if Andrew Skurka can does what he does in 1 of those duomids u are gonna be rocking.

Don't forget that there are huts all the way on the overland track so u wouldn't hardly ever have to set up a shelter if u didn't want to.

Phillipsart what are your thoughts on the phoenix UQ?

Cheers Simon,
    Hi, don't own a Phoenix UQ, I have the Burrow TQ. If the Phoenix UQ is anything like my TQ it will be a hit.

I use a warbonnet Yeti UQ, I love it. Very warm and easy to setup, packs away to almost nothing, I picked this because of its weight, Ive found others a bit heavier. I use a 16 gram Foam pad under my feet.

Hammock
    ENO/tablecloth
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    yeti,peapod(1st v
    Suspension
    whoopies treestrap
    welcome tassie and to the madness
    Peanuts

"A womans place is on the trail"

• + New Posts