Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images

Guide gear12x12

This is how I use my guide gear tarp.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    I see you have one of the good ole' original ones. We weren't so luck this year. I'd keep your eye on that one

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    I see you have one of the good ole' original ones. We weren't so luck this year. I'd keep your eye on that one
    I picked up two at the time. I gave one to my cousin and kept one for myself. What were the changes to the new ones? You can see the tie outs I added to the center on two sides.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    Too many to list
    Tarp
    Cuben with doors
    Insulation
    FlThrwr UQ+DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + straps
    Images
    The 2012 version was a huge cluster! Click on: 51-page thread when you've got a lot of time on your hands. But suffice it to say, the fabric is much lower quality, the weatherproofing is questionable, there is no seam sealing, and OH!---did I mention? The 12 x 12s are 8.5 x 8.5 and the 16 x 16s are 12 x 12!!!!

Like I said, it was a cluster!
    "Pips"
    Mountains have a dreamy way
    Of folding up a noisy day
    In quiet covers, cool and gray.

---Leigh Buckner Hanes

Surely, God could have made a better way to sleep.

Surely, God never did.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipsissewa View Post
    The 2012 version was a huge cluster! Click on: 51-page thread when you've got a lot of time on your hands. But suffice it to say, the fabric is much lower quality, the weatherproofing is questionable, there is no seam sealing, and OH!---did I mention? The 12 x 12s are 8.5 x 8.5 and the 16 x 16s are 12 x 12!!!!

Like I said, it was a cluster!
    Glad I got'em when I did. Seams are good to go with these, no sealing need as far as I can tell.

Guide Gear finally gets REAL!

When this whole thing started I saw the first page that the GG tarps were back in stock...assuming they were the same as last yrs. model I didn't get at the end o' last year as they were back-ordered...RATS! So when I saw they were available again I immediately went to their website and ordered one of each, kind of a Summer/Winter strategy. Then I came back here and realized by then that there were MULTIPLE pages of comments about the dip in quality and diagonal measurement fudging by SG. SO....I immediately wrote to their CS dept. and mentioned the chatter here and that IF they were in fact NOT the sizes they were representing on their website to please CANCEL my order and refund my CC, which they did without question or hitch.

After reading thru much of what was written here I sent them another E-mail along with a link and told them how much damage they were doing to their reputation and suggested they accurately represent their product in the future. In the process they got my mailing addy, so Friday I received their latest catalog. They now call their two tarps 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 (12' diagonal measurement) and their 11 x 11 (16' diagonal measurement) AND they still state that the tarps have "Factory Sealed seams ensure waterproof protection".

It's really too bad they evidently opted to cut costs by changing their specs on what previously was a highly rated tarp here on HF. If it was a smokin' deal for us it had to be good for virtually everyone else, too. Hopefully they will re-evaluate for 2013 and go back to their previous design.

• + New Posts