WBRR / WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG / UGQ
    Suspension
    Buckles / Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Debi Jaytee View Post
    I use a one season Jarbidge in the house and a three season out camping -- love 'em both! The one season is exactly what I need inside, summer or winter and the three season is perfect for Canadian summers, especially next to the great big air conditioner that is Lake Superior. The only time I was cold with the Jarbidge is when I got wet, and that was a tarp issue, not an underquilt issue. I'd recommend this quilt to anyone!
    AHE should really put a discount on the one season Jarbidge quilts (the other one season quilts too!). I mean, it's less insulation, and should cost less. (In my opinion). In that case, I would have a one season as well for indoors, but a ridgecreek instead, for my ridgerunner.
    I'm a Mormon. I know it, I live it, and I love it.

Hammock
    WBRR / WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG / UGQ
    Suspension
    Buckles / Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by nuttysquirrel View Post
    i like the corner tab system,i can even adjust it in the hammock. but id take channels over it since i think it stops drafts it the middle of the quilt
    You could combine both, and have a suspension very similar to the UQ suspension that HG and UGQ use. (which is extremely convenient!)
    I'm a Mormon. I know it, I live it, and I love it.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobertson View Post
    AHE should really put a discount on the one season Jarbidge quilts (the other one season quilts too!). I mean, it's less insulation, and should cost less. (In my opinion). In that case, I would have a one season as well for indoors, but a ridgecreek instead, for my ridgerunner.

I would love it if the insulation cost us less. If it did I would have the 1 season quilts priced lower...unfortunately the 1 season insulation actually ends up costing us slightly more. It ships to us in it's own separate box from the 3 season and we end up with it eating up a higher percentage of the freight cost. The insulation it self costs right at the same per yard for us regardless of the thickness but our costs are higher...we end up eating that difference on 1 season gear.

On the quilt suspension: When I started out hammock camping and consequently starting AHE there was one quilt on the market that used a side channel suspension, the Yeti from WB. It was his design and at that point he was the only one that made a quilt like that. When we purchased KAQ and added it into the AHE family there were 2 quilts in the line and they were at that point established designs in their construction, look, fit, and function. I saw no good reason to change. As time went on and new companies popped up and began to copy and clone the established shops designs I saw no reason to do the same. A. The KAQ's work perfectly without side channels. and B. there is no good reason to make every single product from every company look and function the same. I find it disrespectful amongst the shops to have every product just be a clone of the others. Several of the shops have worked to push past and take concepts further, innovating past others points. The KAQ line in essence is the most affordable quilts produced for Hammock camping. If we were to add other parts and pieces to them it would increase the materials and labor cost, as well as production time. This would force us to raise the prices to compensate. We work hard to not only have the most affordable bang for the buck but also some of the fastest production times of any shop that makes the gear to order. There is a reason that some of the down quilts out there cost 2-3 hundred dollars and take 6 weeks to get, and our quilt cost $100 and take 3 days to get. KAQ is based on the simplicity of design that makes them a great value. We work hard every day to be sure that we are making a functional piece of gear that does not have excesses in construction so that we can be as efficient in production and delivery as possible. And we work to pass that on to the customer in our very competitive pricing. All that while working to not take ideas that our competitors produce. I don't see WB's or HG's or UG's ideas or any of the other shops as up for grabs, no matter how many of those ideas were already taken by other shops already.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    I would love it if the insulation cost us less. If it did I would have the 1 season quilts priced lower...unfortunately the 1 season insulation actually ends up costing us slightly more. It ships to us in it's own separate box from the 3 season and we end up with it eating up a higher percentage of the freight cost. The insulation it self costs right at the same per yard for us regardless of the thickness but our costs are higher...we end up eating that difference on 1 season gear.

On the quilt suspension: When I started out hammock camping and consequently starting AHE there was one quilt on the market that used a side channel suspension, the Yeti from WB. It was his design and at that point he was the only one that made a quilt like that. When we purchased KAQ and added it into the AHE family there were 2 quilts in the line and they were at that point established designs in their construction, look, fit, and function. I saw no good reason to change. As time went on and new companies popped up and began to copy and clone the established shops designs I saw no reason to do the same. A. The KAQ's work perfectly without side channels. and B. there is no good reason to make every single product from every company look and function the same. I find it disrespectful amongst the shops to have every product just be a clone of the others. Several of the shops have worked to push past and take concepts further, innovating past others points. The KAQ line in essence is the most affordable quilts produced for Hammock camping. If we were to add other parts and pieces to them it would increase the materials and labor cost, as well as production time. This would force us to raise the prices to compensate. We work hard to not only have the most affordable bang for the buck but also some of the fastest production times of any shop that makes the gear to order. There is a reason that some of the down quilts out there cost 2-3 hundred dollars and take 6 weeks to get, and our quilt cost $100 and take 3 days to get. KAQ is based on the simplicity of design that makes them a great value. We work hard every day to be sure that we are making a functional piece of gear that does not have excesses in construction so that we can be as efficient in production and delivery as possible. And we work to pass that on to the customer in our very competitive pricing. All that while working to not take ideas that our competitors produce. I don't see WB's or HG's or UG's ideas or any of the other shops as up for grabs, no matter how many of those ideas were already taken by other shops already.
    Well said. In this day and time, a very admirable perspective. I'm proud to own twobJarbidge quilts.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I have two of the 3 Season and 1 of the 1 Season Jarbridge UQs. It has been my work horse of UQs. Have been using them for about 3+ years. I take them to group hangs as someone always wants to borrow one to try. I believe Paul has sold a couple as a result.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    WB DL 1.1
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Jarbridge, Incub20
    Suspension
    Web Susp
    Proud to own and recommend a jarbridge, as well as the whole KAQ line. After that comment, I'm glad to support you personally Paul. Hope my son and I can make the 8th Idaho Hang in a few years. He will be ready by then. Beautiful country up there and I want to see more of it.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    My first UQ's for the wife and I,,were 3 season and 1 season Jarbidges and still have them and use them all the time even tho we have 6 other down UQ's. They are perfect for all of our different style hammocks the way they are constructed and especially in wet weather we prefer to use them even tho we also have 6 other down UQ's. Wife as used hers down to 30 degrees in a 40 mph blowing wind and snow even and stayed warm. I modified (cut to fit like the Lynx before Paul made the Ridge Creek) my RR hammocks and use it every nite as I sleep in a hammock 24/7 inside and out in the summer at the house even. If you want a UQ with no worrys about a most excellent beater of a UQ..get a Jarbidge as you can't go wrong. Granted,,I still love to use my down,,but the Jarbidge's gets used more than the others we have available to us. Am I overprotective on my down? But,,never on the Jarbidge.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    The Jarbrige was my first UQ and I am thinking about getting a 4 season one in multicam later this year.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Argon 11 ft or HH BKUL
    Tarp
    Asym DIY Pole Mod
    Insulation
    DIY, Jarbrige,HHSS
    Suspension
    Lashings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    The KAQ line in essence is the most affordable quilts produced for Hammock camping. KAQ is based on the simplicity of design that makes them a great value And we work to pass that on to the customer in our very competitive pricing. All that while working to not take ideas that our competitors produce.
    I took some editorial liberty to come up with this Readers Digest version of Paul's reply.
    I am a very happy '3 season Jarbridge' owner and I fully agree. From my 1 year experience (in the North East) it works better than the KAQ advertised specifications and KAQ is a honest cottage vendor.
    Enjoying the simple things in life -
    Own less, live more.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Delux Asym Zip
    Tarp
    HH Asym
    Insulation
    KAQ Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Whoopie/CB/Huggers
    Paul,

I've read about the situation with the camo fabric, but is there a reason black is not an available color?

Also, the main picture for the Jarbridge shows a very bright green color, but the selector and videos show am much more subtle sage green. Which would be more accurate of the actual product?

Thanks,
    Phil.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast