Hammock
    ENO dblnest
    Tarp
    Jacks Cat
    Insulation
    3S incubator
    Suspension
    Opie's whoopies
    My son just ordered one as well, he is 17 and incredibly inpatient. However, it is not just a matter of pulling one off the shelf and shipping. These babies are handmade to order, so leave him alone and let him sew!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl xlc
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch bkls
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkalltheway View Post
    Thanks Dave i wish i could but im only fifteen so no license, and i doubt that i would be able to find a ride so sorry but seriously thank you i wish i could check out the different setups, as it is im kinda going in blind and off the deep end 330$ is a lot of money to me and it took quite a while for me to earn it all
    Soon enough... You have a lifetime of outdoors ahead of you and that gear will serve you well for many years. Yeah, Van Wert is a bit of a drive from Loudenville, but you'll be driving soon as well.

Enjoy that new gear!

David

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 Single
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben
    Insulation
    KAQ UQ & HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I certainly understand the wait for cottage industry pace of production, but a little heads up would be appreciated. With the internet there is certainly an innate sense of urgency.

"Items normally ship in approximately 1
    week while orders containing
    backordered items will normally ship
    within 3 weeks."

There is no indication that what I ordered was/is on back-order, on top of that there has been no human contact (just paypal confirmation of payment) made in a week (and counting).

I understand the business aspect, don't want to lose orders. But updating a bit of text on a website or answering customer e-mails can be fast with cut and paste statements. I'm not sure if cut and pasting e-mails is ethical but it's fast. A happy, returning customer is well informed of his/her purchase.

Warbonnet offers some favorably reviewed products and I'd like to be a returning customer.

Hammock
    DangerBird72 /W.L. Light owl
    Tarp
    4S Cuben/WL OMW
    Insulation
    Fronkey made20* UQ
    Suspension
    Whooooopie...

First of the month

My order was in around the first part of the month. I emailed Brandon and he said that he would be shipping yesterday and today. I know they are overwhelmed with work and I am glad for that. Im sure his quality won't suffer.
    I am hoping for it no later than Wed.
    Groovy

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Patience, patience, patience, take a deep breath and let it out slowly. Now relax and your hammock will get to you, you just need a little more patience.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WBBB BMJ
    Insulation
    AHE LR, Enlightene
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaargh View Post
    I certainly understand the wait for cottage industry pace of production, but a little heads up would be appreciated. With the internet there is certainly an innate sense of urgency.

"Items normally ship in approximately 1
    week while orders containing
    backordered items will normally ship
    within 3 weeks."

There is no indication that what I ordered was/is on back-order, on top of that there has been no human contact (just paypal confirmation of payment) made in a week (and counting).

I understand the business aspect, don't want to lose orders. But updating a bit of text on a website or answering customer e-mails can be fast with cut and paste statements. I'm not sure if cut and pasting e-mails is ethical but it's fast. A happy, returning customer is well informed of his/her purchase.

Warbonnet offers some favorably reviewed products and I'd like to be a returning customer.
    I can see some of the frustration on this for some people. my personal exsperience was when i ordered my warbonnet, a few weeks back, i knew there was going to be a delay because of all the posts on this website indicating that other people were waiting.

i do understand that it is possible to order and not know there is a wait, if your not reading posts about that hammock. In my case, i was comparing hammocks and noticed there was a wait for the blackbird. it's actually why i went with it instead of a hennessey. there's something to be said about getting something that a long list of veteran hammockers are standing in line for.

I can't wait to see all the hammocks come in, there are going to be some awesome trip reports, maybe a few of my own!!

Hammock
    DIY Blue Monster
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by lugnut View Post
    I can see some of the frustration on this for some people. my personal exsperience was when i ordered my warbonnet, a few weeks back, i knew there was going to be a delay because of all the posts on this website indicating that other people were waiting.

i do understand that it is possible to order and not know there is a wait, if your not reading posts about that hammock. In my case, i was comparing hammocks and noticed there was a wait for the blackbird. it's actually why i went with it instead of a hennessey. there's something to be said about getting something that a long list of veteran hammockers are standing in line for.

I can't wait to see all the hammocks come in, there are going to be some awesome trip reports, maybe a few of my own!!
    Agreed.

Also, there are some very good quality, full-featured hammocks that are made to "stock" and can be had within a few days to a week of ordering online or even can be grabbed off a shelf at a local store (Hennessy being the most well-known example), if time is critical.

Brandon is known to be very handy around a thread injector and has a few innovations of his own and offers a unique take on his version of a full-featured hammock - one that has grown so popular in the hammocking community that most folks are willing to wait a long time to get their hands on one.

I don't know if he has switched form a make-to-order to a make-to-stock model, but I did notice he has gown an international distribution network, with his product being sold by at least one distributor in the UK. He will need to address such distribution bottlenecks long term if he wants to grow much larger.

The complaints about wait time and lack of visibility into the approximate shipping date are legitimate. Other members of this cottage industry are better at informing the purchaser of their status. Dream-Hammock, for example, makes no bones about excessive wait times, displaying a large warning sign. They also show each unique order in the production queue, with frequent status updates to keep the buyer informed.

I haven't experienced the complaints about poor customer service as Brandon has answered every question I've sent within a business day or two and for a made-to-order hammock purchase, that is good enough for me. Hopefully the product will live up the buyer's expectation once they finally receive it.

You will find similar tradeoffs with quilts manufacturers. Jacks R Better is a make-to-stock company and most of their items ship with one business day from receiving the order. You will find many satisfied customers of their products, including me. When it comes to quilts, I've found this to be pretty rare, as most others are make-to-order and some have wait times as long as or longer than Brandon's. When I ordered my first quilt, I had a trip I needed it for and couldn't wait, so to the Jacks the order went. Similar situation with my hammock, which is why my first one was a Hennessey. I am completely satisfied with these, but am curious to try some others and willing to wait.

I recognize I'm rambling now, but wait times kind of go with the territory for these small suppliers to this industry. I guess one must accept that and plan accordingly if that vendor's product is valued such, but at least there are extremely good alternatives from vendors who do carry inventory, have a strong reputation for quality and service within the industry and are able to ship immediately almost anything they make.

We are lucky to have the variety of quality manufacturers that we have! There is one for every need. And some even specialize in filling needs we didn't even know we had!.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag
    Suspension
    adjustable webbing
    Would you guys say I could expect it around the week of may 7-12 that would be awesome since my birthdays the 8 kinda like Birthday present to myself
    Every day you wake up in the trees is a good one

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    DIY underquilt
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkalltheway View Post
    Would you guys say I could expect it around the week of may 7-12 that would be awesome since my birthdays the 8 kinda like Birthday present to myself
    Hopefully you'll have a happy birthday with it!
    I ordered mine April 21st, and I hope it'll be here in time for my section hike starting on your birthday.
    My hex tarp just got here today, it's raining out so maybe I can get it strung up tomorrow.

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    WB Edge/Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow, Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I just ordered mine yesterday. After reading all of the posts on the forums I am expecting about a 4 week wait for my new toy. I knew there was a wait going into ordering, and therefore am giving myself realistic expectations. That being said, If I don't have it in 4 weeks, I will probably write a polite and understanding inquiry to try to get an idea of my delivery date.

Patience is a virtue.
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast