HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Artjrk View Post
    Ok thanks for the info.

Here's a related question
    How feasible would it be to add a screened window opening to the top cover that can be zipper close. Similar to windows on tents.
    This seems like a pretty good idea. Maybe even just a couple of small screen "windows", so that some of the air can exchange & reduce condensation.

Anyone have experience with a 'breathable' fabric overcover, like momentum 50 vs. nylon?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    This seems like a pretty good idea. Maybe even just a couple of small screen "windows", so that some of the air can exchange & reduce condensation.

Anyone have experience with a 'breathable' fabric overcover, like momentum 50 vs. nylon?
    When the weather conditions are right for condensation I find that even netting does not breath enough to prevent it. When I was using a WBBB in winter it would snow on me every morning from the netting. Venting to open air has been the only way I've been able to eliminate a frosty morning.
    YMMV

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Cuban w doors
    Insulation
    Warm and fluffy
    Suspension
    Webbing
    I understand the netting and over cover can be pulled back and stored. Is It possible to remove say the over cover and leave it behind for weight savings when it is not needed?

Hammock
    eno dbl wbbb 1.7 dbl,dangerbird72
    Tarp
    ugq wd 12
    Insulation
    kaq/ugq tq uq
    Suspension
    adj webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by michiganhanger View Post
    I understand the netting and over cover can be pulled back and stored. Is It possible to remove say the over cover and leave it behind for weight savings when it is not needed?
    Only with scissors.

Hammock
    Dangerbird Custom in ACU Camo
    Tarp
    Superfly camo
    Insulation
    Zissou 15 Dridown
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by michiganhanger View Post
    Hummm... Perhaps you have an idea for dangerbird 2.0. I am waiting on mine still but a cover that zips out for the summer months seems like a good idea if it can be done without adding too much weight.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Cuban w doors
    Insulation
    Warm and fluffy
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by macinnisl View Post
    Hummm... Perhaps you have an idea for dangerbird 2.0. I am waiting on mine still but a cover that zips out for the summer months seems like a good idea if it can be done without adding too much weight.
    I like the idea of the cover but I don't really winter camp. I wonder if PapaSmurf can do a danger bird with the cover removable. This is why I am torn between the DB and the Gnome. If the answer is (PapaSmurf insert a yes here) I will buy one tomorrow

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    A removable overcover is on my to-do list, but I ain't been working on that list lately.

It wouldn't be a zippered cover but an add-on overcover for those who'd like to leave it at home. Soon as someone orders one, it'll be moved from my to-do list to my order list, where it gets much more attention. (hint, hint )

Problems with making the net and cover removeable:

Zipper availability - You'd need a find a 120" or 132" #3 seperating zipper. I've only found one company so far that will custom make these zippers. My cost for these custom zippers would be just over $60 and I don't think that's really sellable.

Because of the stretch involved with stitching the zippers on the bias of the net and overcover the lengths of each zipper half change just slightly. This slight stretch is accounted for with the current DB design. If they were removable, each of the 6 zipper halfs would need to be exactly the same length, right down to the tooth or things wouldn't line up correctly.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    A removable overcover is on my to-do list, but I ain't been working on that list lately.

It wouldn't be a zippered cover but an add-on overcover for those who'd like to leave it at home. Soon as someone orders one, it'll be moved from my to-do list to my order list, where it gets much more attention. (hint, hint )

Problems with making the net and cover removeable:

Zipper availability - You'd need a find a 120" or 132" #3 seperating zipper. I've only found one company so far that will custom make these zippers. My cost for these custom zippers would be just over $60 and I don't think that's really sellable.

Because of the stretch involved with stitching the zippers on the bias of the net and overcover the lengths of each zipper half change just slightly. This slight stretch is accounted for with the current DB design. If they were removable, each of the 6 zipper halfs would need to be exactly the same length, right down to the tooth or things wouldn't line up correctly.
    So in your mind's eye what might this removable cover look like? How might it attach? I would LOVE something like I am imagining for the Darien UL I plan on ordering. Originally I have been planning to order a sock with it but this may be be a lighter, easier to use, alternative. In fact, if you could give me a hint as to what it may look like I think I may be willing to place an order for both right now.

Miguel

What kind of bugs are flying around in the snow? Ive never seen bugs below forty degrees, at least not flying bugs.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Artjrk View Post
    Ok thanks for the info.

Here's a related question
    How feasible would it be to add a screened window opening to the top cover that can be zipper close. Similar to windows on tents.
    Here's something similar....seems like a netting mod would be even easier.

http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery...e.php?i=63&c=3

Miguel

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast