Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hennessy V Clayton Jungle

Hi, everyone. UK newbie here.

Well this is where my grail search has led. A question that I cannot get answered anywhere else.

Can the diagonal sleeping position that gives the Hennessy its Asym name be adopted in the Jungle hammock, even to a partial degree?

I can't be doing with the 'docking procedure' on the Hennessy at all, so I really like the Clayton. Plus it comes with a larger tarp. But since buying a real cheapo canvas thing in Thailand that hung badly out of square, I have loved to be able to sleep on one side.

If I get the Hennessy I will have to have it shipped to 2Q for a zip mod and then on to the UK. Hassle if the Jungle will do the trick.

I won't be doing big treks, just weekend stuff, but I like to be able to roll about a bit, and reach for gear and beer.

All comment gratefully received, thanks.

Hammock
    hammock
    Tarp
    tarp
    Insulation
    UQ
    Images
    I've never used anything but a Hennessy, but but my understanding is that you can lay somewhat horizontally in any hammock.

Beer is very important.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    If I understand correctly the claytor is a narrower hammock which might make the pronounced diagonal lie harder than in the HH. I have never used a claytor and so can not speak from experience. If you want to reach beer and such the HH without the zip mods would be really frusterpating.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
    If you want to reach beer and such the HH without the zip mods would be really frusterpating.
    I agree, very frusterpating.

Claytors are small by comparison to other hammocks (width). Not sure where you'd keep your beer? I have been all but unable to get any kind of a diagonal lay in my Claytors, but I'm also not exactly a little guy.

If you really truly want a lazy man's/woman's hammock that even comes stock with a beer storage unit (shelf), you need to check out the Blackbirds. No flatter end gathered hammock out there and it comes with a shelf just begging to be filled with barley suds.

Welcome to the forum!
    Trust nobody!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
    If I understand correctly the claytor is a narrower hammock which might make the pronounced diagonal lie harder than in the HH. I have never used a claytor and so can not speak from experience. If you want to reach beer and such the HH without the zip mods would be really frusterpating.
    More confusion over width. Both, as far as I can tell, are 48" wide.

Images
    I don't know the specs off hand. But my Claytor No Net feels more narrow than my HH Explorer. At 6'1", I can go diagonal quite well with my Claytor. But in the JH I used to have, I felt like- when on the diagonal- that my head and feet were against the net, inviting a mosquito feast.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    You can lay diagonal enough for comfort in the Claytors.... even the smaller mosquito model.

pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_pan View Post
    You can lay diagonal enough for comfort in the Claytors.... even the smaller mosquito model.

pan
    Thanks, just the answer I needed.

Do Hennessy take a while to answer emails? I sent a few questions over a week ago and in that time have exchanged several emails with Tom Claytor, thus getting his company a sale.

Also, Hennessy list the Exp. Deluxe hammock size in their comparison chart as 110"x66" and in the individual hammock specs as 48" wide. It's listed on all websites at 48". Without Hennessy bothering to email, I don't know what size they are.

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nice65 View Post
    Thanks, just the answer I needed.

Do Hennessy take a while to answer emails? I sent a few questions over a week ago and in that time have exchanged several emails with Tom Claytor, thus getting his company a sale.

Also, Hennessy list the Exp. Deluxe hammock size in their comparison chart as 110"x66" and in the individual hammock specs as 48" wide. It's listed on all websites at 48". Without Hennessy bothering to email, I don't know what size they are.
    i am the clan leader of the claytor jungle hammocks,the claytor jungle is best of the best,i started out with hennessey and prefer my claytor jungle 1000 to 1 compared to hennesseyneo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    the matrix has you

Thanks, Neo. I just like the Jungles for their simplicity. I did hear from Hennessy today, who were apologetic for not replying and very helpful in every respect, so thanks Ann and James if you read this.

They say they are working on a zipper system on their new hammock which will be released in May, and that their hammocks are cut from 60" fabric, not 48". So, I may have to wait and see what it's like.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast