Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Duff
    Suspension
    Webbing, biners.
    Images

Snake Skins for an ENO setup?

I have searched though some threads to answer this question but, haven't gotten exactly what I need to know. Maybe someone can help.

I have a single nest ENO, SSPro straps, and a MacCat Standard tarp on the way. I want to use snakeskins but, dunno what size I need. I want the tarp and hammock seperate. If I get a bugnet itl be the one from campmor.

I also am interested in the Stuff sac thingy for the hammock instead of skins ...maybe...I havent even set this thing up yet but will get to on a trip in a week.

The only skins I have found there wasn't a size and I wouldn't know what size to get anyway. I would attempt to make my own as I have DWR but, I don't have a sewing machine and NO sewing skills! I have NO CLUE how to use those things! My mom does but, she doesn't sew very straight Any advice would be appreciated. I am not above hand sewing something. Unless you think it will be a bit much.

BTW I liked the idea of the mesh skins for the tarp. I believe that was Hammock Engineer? Excuse me if I am wrong.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I have only seen one ENO before but I would have that a standard siz snake skin, like listed on Just Jeff's site of the JRB site would work fine. I made some oversized skins to hold my HH and an under quilt . All I did was to increase the measurement on the wide end of the fabric from 13-14" to 18" and it turned out great.

Hand sewing a snake skin would take a long time. Snake skins were my second sewing project and it really doesn't get any easier than sewing skins. Maybe your Mom can help you get started.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Images
    Snakeskins I will fit the tarp. I have two set that I don't really need. PM me and I will send you one.

I sewed my first set of Snakeskins and it took a total of 20mins (including cutting).

Hammock
    ENO/tablecloth
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    yeti,peapod(1st v
    Suspension
    whoopies treestrap
    rockstar, i use snakeskind #4 from hennesy. i use it for the hammock, bugnet,strap, and ridgeline. but, the end of the snakeskins is too small for the binner and knot to pass thru. i remove the binner, feed the cord loop thru the opening and re-attach to the end loop of the cord. does it make sense?
    Peanuts

"A womans place is on the trail"

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RockStar View Post
    I have searched though some threads to answer this question but, haven't gotten exactly what I need to know. Maybe someone can help.

I have a single nest ENO, SSPro straps, and a MacCat Standard tarp on the way. I want to use snakeskins but, dunno what size I need. I want the tarp and hammock seperate. If I get a bugnet itl be the one from campmor.

I also am interested in the Stuff sac thingy for the hammock instead of skins ...maybe...I havent even set this thing up yet but will get to on a trip in a week.

The only skins I have found there wasn't a size and I wouldn't know what size to get anyway. I would attempt to make my own as I have DWR but, I don't have a sewing machine and NO sewing skills! I have NO CLUE how to use those things! My mom does but, she doesn't sew very straight Any advice would be appreciated. I am not above hand sewing something. Unless you think it will be a bit much.

BTW I liked the idea of the mesh skins for the tarp. I believe that was Hammock Engineer? Excuse me if I am wrong.
    Thanks for the credit, but it belongs to someone else. I think I first saw it one Jeff's site, who I think saw it somewhere else. There are some pics of mine in Michele's gallery that I sent her. I usually use sil for waterproofing and noseeum for the tarp. I think DWR would work.

For my tarp I added 16" to the length of jacks dimensions, and for the hammock and underquilt I added 2-4" (can't remember off hand) to the width of both ends. That makes probibly a #6 skin. The smaller ones worked for me, but they were harder to get on. The larger ones slip right on. They are also easier to gather up and stuff into my pack.

If you want I am willing to trade if you have extra DWR laying around for a set of sil and noseeum skins. I have extra grey sil and white noseeum laying around. PM me if you are interested.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lvleph View Post
    Snakeskins I will fit the tarp. I have two set that I don't really need. PM me and I will send you one.

I sewed my first set of Snakeskins and it took a total of 20mins (including cutting).
    Man someone beat me to the punch.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock engineer View Post
    I think I first saw it one Jeff's site, who I think saw it somewhere else.
    I think I got it from slowhike's post on hammockcamping about 2.5 years ago.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    I think I got it from slowhike's post on hammockcamping about 2.5 years ago.
    You got to love how an idea circulates around. I wonder where all of this hammock stuff would be at without the internet to share everyone's ideas?

Hammock
    Hennessy
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Duff
    Suspension
    Webbing, biners.
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
    rockstar, i use snakeskind #4 from hennesy. i use it for the hammock, bugnet,strap, and ridgeline. but, the end of the snakeskins is too small for the binner and knot to pass thru. i remove the binner, feed the cord loop thru the opening and re-attach to the end loop of the cord. does it make sense?
    Makes plenty of sense! I was wondering that and decided to try it that way anyway!

Thank everyone for the advice/info!

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    yep, i started the bug net snake skin idea
    and storing the tarp separate from the hammock is defiantly the way to go IMHO.
    seems to me that the #4 snake skins are going to be way to big for the mac cat tarp. and for the single ENO hammock too... even w/ the bug net.
    but if you were going to be using an under quilt & leaving it on the hammock when you slide the skins, the #4 may be about right. ...tim
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast