Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images

going rate for 2nd hand?

what do Clarks go for 2nd hand? Maybe nx-250?

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images

Search the For Sale listings without restrictions on time

As a sometime former teacher on data, I tell you there's no substitute for seeing the data with your own eyes, even if it is only on screen.

And, there was a recent ebay sale of an NX-250 package that ended above $370 for hammock and rain-fly. It may have been noted in this forum.

Images
    I'm amazed at how much people will pay for used equipment, sometimes paying more than it would cost new from a reputable retailer with free shipping and a liberal return policy.

I wonder if they don't know about google.

My target price for used is equipment (both buying and selling) is 50% to 70% of what I'd have to pay to buy new. More than that and I'd rather have new. And what the seller paid is irrelevant to me. If I can buy something new for $400, the fact that seller paid $450 for it new isn't going to get me to pay the seller $390 for it used.

The exception is something I want that is no longer made, then there is no retail new price to compare. What it cost 5 years ago is irrelevant.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Recently picked up one here from a forum member. I'll PM you the details.
    Happens my purchase price fell just within 'nogods' parameters.

Hammock
    Clark NX270 NX250, 2- Flex 180's
    Tarp
    Underground WD
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin 10 &20
    Suspension
    straps/cinch buckl

2nd hand

I agree that NORMALLY 2nd hand is heavily discounted, but here there are people being both sellers and buyes that are picking up hammocks / fly's etc for 90-100% of new cost
    I purchased a Clark Flex 180 here for $350.00 shipped and am very happy with it new price was $429 plus shipping of maybe $20.00 so close to $450.00 saved $100 clams???
    best of luck with your purchases!!!!

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    I'm amazed at how much people will pay for used equipment, sometimes paying more than it would cost new from a reputable retailer with free shipping and a liberal return policy.

I wonder if they don't know about google.

My target price for used is equipment (both buying and selling) is 50% to 70% of what I'd have to pay to buy new. More than that and I'd rather have new. And what the seller paid is irrelevant to me. If I can buy something new for $400, the fact that seller paid $450 for it new isn't going to get me to pay the seller $390 for it used.

The exception is something I want that is no longer made, then there is no retail new price to compare. What it cost 5 years ago is irrelevant.

Hammock
    DIY double layer
    Tarp
    Guide Gear
    Insulation
    Pad or DIY quilt
    Suspension
    rings and strap
    Images
    Just a side issue I have about used sales.

Why do many of you delete price after the sale?

I feel it would be a good resource, to be able to look back at prior sales to get an idea of the market. It seems most treat it like a big secret.

Just my 2 cents.
    grinder

Hammock
    Clark NX270 NX250, 2- Flex 180's
    Tarp
    Underground WD
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin 10 &20
    Suspension
    straps/cinch buckl

erase pricing??? WHY

I do not know why and do agree with you ????
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    Just a side issue I have about used sales.

Why do many of you delete price after the sale?

I feel it would be a good resource, to be able to look back at prior sales to get an idea of the market. It seems most treat it like a big secret.

Just my 2 cents.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 or BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Tewa, Speer, H.G.
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images
    I feel the same way. I recently paid x amount of dollars for a quilt. I can't remember exact cost, but it saved me 40 to 60 bucks, but the thing was still expensive. Which really got me when I received the quilt because
    A. It was an old model and the down needs revitalizing, and
    B. There were leaves in it!

I was pretty upset as I just paid all this money at not a big discount. You think at least get the leaves out....

Idk I think some of the used business is taking advantage of newer folks. Albeit I like the quilt I bought, and the person was very very nice, I think it was a bit over priced for the condition I received it in, plus older model.

On the flip side I bought a tarp for not a big discount as well, only this tarp was in great condition and came with zingit. I was very happy with this purchase.

I suppose its buyers discretion and beware. Make sure you know exactly what you are getting ya know.
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadphans View Post
    I feel the same way. I recently paid x amount of dollars for a quilt. I can't remember exact cost, but it saved me 40 to 60 bucks, but the thing was still expensive. Which really got me when I received the quilt because
    A. It was an old model and the down needs revitalizing, and
    B. There were leaves in it!

I was pretty upset as I just paid all this money at not a big discount. You think at least get the leaves out....

<snip> I think it was a bit over priced for the condition I received it in, plus older model. .
    Take it up with the seller whether or not he misrepresented. Don't let the HF rules of first poster to say "I'll take it" intimidate you. If you have a reasonable expectation of the gear being in close to as-new condition, then get that in electrons by PM before you go through with the purchase.

Folks have different attitudes about quilts. They are, after all, bedding. I would have no hesitation in buying a needed quilt that a seller had carefully washed and checked for re-lofting. For another thread about those who prefer to hike hard, strip, and climb in. I hope they don't pretend for selling sake the stuff doesn't need cleaning before sale. But, not everyone is self-aware, smokers, for example. That said, I didn't mind the adventure of 3 washes of a hammock & rigged rainfly that were otherwise in great condition. I''d readily do it again, pleased that virulent non-smokers wouldn't be supporting the asking price.

As to models: Well, whether latest is necessarily worth much more in actual use is a speculation. My opinion is that seller doesn't have to know and say in the listing. Unless, the gear has been recalled for safety. <grinning grimace.>

Images
    Never buy a used kilt unless it as been sanitized and is stain free. Some kilt rental companies have had to throw away kilts that came back in less than cleanable condition.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast