Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sliver_overlord00 View Post
    kerryandjane that's the beauty of the Thylacine. It's a Top quilt if that's what you need. It is also a sleeping bag or an underquilt and you can change the amount of insulation in it to match the conditions you will be camping in. This also allows you to manage your weight.

At the moment I am just using a regular sleeping bag and a poncho liner as a TQ. That worked for me down to the low 40's but I am hoping to upgrade to the Thylacine if the kickstarter goes well.
    You've pretty much described just about any mummy bag out there.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    You say it can be used as an underquilt. I see no such claim on the Kickstarter site, and I can't for the life of me figure out how you get a mummy bag with a hood and sewn footbox to be used as an underquilt without a lot of DIY modification.

Can you show us how its done?

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    You say it can be used as an underquilt. I see no such claim on the Kickstarter site, and I can't for the life of me figure out how you get a mummy bag with a hood and sewn footbox to be used as an underquilt without a lot of DIY modification.

Can you show us how its done?
    It's on the site in the Features section, feature 13: Can be used with Kammok hammocks as an over/under quilt bag.

I can't figure it out either; how can this be an underquilt?

This thing already weighs a lot - instead of insulation in one shell, it's now in multiple interchangeable baffles, which have to be held in place by their "patent-pending locking technology."

And in the end, it's still a sleeping bag.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    It's on the site in the Features section, feature 13: Can be used with Kammok hammocks as an over/under quilt bag.

I can't figure it out either; how can this be an underquilt?

This thing already weighs a lot - instead of insulation in one shell, it's now in multiple interchangeable baffles, which have to be held in place by their "patent-pending locking technology."

And in the end, it's still a sleeping bag.
    A rather complicated sleeping bag at that.

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Tarp
    Kammok Glider
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    No, I am not affiliated with them in any way. I just like their products and that they are a small cottage vendor and local to my home state. I did not intend it to look like a sales pitch. Just wanted to share my favorite hammock with the forums. I own three of their hammocks and two tarps. I will also be picking up one of their sleeping bags to at least test out. It may or may not end up being my regular quilt. As for why not down only option not sure. I am sure they would be happy to answer that question on their company forums or the Thylacine kickstarter comments section.

I originally found out about Kammok thru my local out door store. One of the employees told me that despite the fact that he was given a Grand trunk hammock he still when and bought a Kammok because he liked their hammocks better.

Need less to say after purchasing one myself and sleeping in it a few nights I have been a fan ever since.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    DIY UCR and straps
    Quote Originally Posted by sliver_overlord00 View Post
    I own three of their hammocks and two tarps.
    Perhaps you can explain to me how the plastic hardware on the Glider tarp is supposed to work? I assume they're some kind of cord lock but they've slipped with every method I've tried. To further confuse things some of them are upside down in relation to the others.

This is my first hammock system. I bought it via Kickstarter on impulse. The products themselves seem well made though a little heavy and expensive but the company is one of the worst I've come across in terms of communication and therefore customer support. For that reason alone I could never recommend them

In the new year I'll be looking at other systems, something more suited to packing and this Kammok system will only get used at home or car camping. Live and learn as they say.

Hammock
    Grizzbridge/RR/DIY GE/Pares
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap

Kammok

See the latest update?
    Firebelly TQ, what a deal!
    80"x55", rated at 30f and 20oz all for $125. That's pretty cool to me. You try making one/buying one for that much.
    Last edited by kerryandjane; 01-02-2014 at 18:53.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    DIY UCR and straps
    Quote Originally Posted by apsilon View Post
    Perhaps you can explain to me how the plastic hardware on the Glider tarp is supposed to work? I assume they're some kind of cord lock but they've slipped with every method I've tried. To further confuse things some of them are upside down in relation to the others.
    Fixed this issue. Once I removed the cords completely and spent a few minutes thinking about it I worked it out easily. I made the mistake of assuming they'd work the way they came where as I now know it's impossible for them to work that way. Who knows why they arrive set up that way Also still don't know why some are upside down compared to others. Not a big deal.

I had need of using the storm doors as well and found one of them is missing the bungy and clip. I was able to rig it with some cord to stay dry and have emailed them but don't expect a response.

Hammock
    Sheltowee Hammocks
    Tarp
    Big, Retangular
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by kerryandjane View Post
    See the latest update?
    Firebelly TQ, what a deal!
    80"x55", rated at 30f and 20oz all for $125. That's pretty cool to me. You try making one/buying one for that much.
    it WOULD be a GREAT deal!! however... read it more carefully

"The Firebelly™ is now available with $125 IN PRE-MARKET SAVINGS!"

-that is you save a $125 through the Kickstarter campaign. No word yet on the retail price.
    -Alex

Sheltowee Hammocks Feature INTEGRATED UNDERQUILTS! Starting at $224

Step Out Of Your Sheltowee @ www.ShellHammocks.com

Hammock
    Grizzbridge/RR/DIY GE/Pares
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap
    Read it more carefully and it's $125 for the TQ and ≈ $125 in savings so that makes it $250ish post campaign. So it's a pretty good deal. Worse thing about it is you'll have to wait 5-6months for it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast